Recent Topics

Ads

High Elfs - The dress issue

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fallenkezef

Re: High Elfs - The dress issue

Post#31 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 am

If/win the devs get client control then there opens the option of user-made skins and content
Alea iacta est

Ads
Errdil

Post#32 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:11 am

Shortly after reading through this thread, I made a new SM character and stumbled upon this dead guy in the Blighted Isle. I can see his boots! Scandalous!

adamthelc

Post#33 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 am

Darosh wrote:Weren't there several niche items for pretty much every class on Live?
I can vaguely remember WLs in DoK attire, SW in AM robes (for some time atleast) and WLs in SW attire (as someone else has mentioned already), DoKs in WL attire, Blorcs with choppa offhand (unique shield skin), and so on.

However, I doubt these items will make a comeback, the RoR staff wants to keep things as close to the lore as possible.
Maybe if you were to find some references/pictures in GW material of a pointy-elf with a bow, in a dress...

But then again, who needs pointy-ears in dresses ~ eww.
There used to be a 1 handed greatsword in CW. It was fixed early on though since it wasnt just cosmetic and it gave you the actual stats.

A lot of SWs were using that green inf reward early on.

Gothkid1972

Post#34 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:59 pm

I always thought that the HE and DE were designed more to look like Samurai in the Edo Period.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/363384263661149036/

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 pm

It's 2018; can you let go of this prejudice already? Maybe some of us high elven men like to explore our effeminate side?

Azerreth

Post#36 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:01 am

And some of us simply like pants, I would love for my female white lion to not have to wear a dress.... just sayin..

Tinkz

Post#37 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:30 am

Different Game, same "issue": [youtube]https://youtu.be/2z29Rk8814w[/youtube]

Matheoryon

Post#38 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:12 am

bwdaWAR wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:35 pm How come nobody ever complains about all the dwarfs wearing skirts too? If you look from a certain angle you can even see they don't wear anything under them. ...their naked thighs, at least!
Or greenskins (who also clearly don't wear anything beneath...)? Or warrior priests? Or zealots and magi? Or Sorcerers?
In WAR/RoR, more than half of the classes wear some manner of skirt.
Do you really want to get into the sad history of the psychology behind that? In short, boys have a tendancy to write off degenerate look and animalistic appearances as masculine, and the elves typically have neither. Go to some place real ghetto sometime and you will probably experience and realize how real the "dress issue psychology" is.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#39 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:02 am

Im all for very tight leggings :^)