Recent Topics

Ads

SW survivability : Toughness ?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aricept

Re: SW survivability : Toughness ?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Thanks to all of you. Your comments really helped to find better balance between dps and survivability.

Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:09 pm Put your rr into FS until you reach 0 ctbc then all in range crit. Talis until 970/990 BS then rest into WS.

3 pc Beastlord, full vanq, 2 gen (rem/aspect), then either an exquisite diamond/sapphire (sapphires are pretty cheap) or emp t4 ORvR influence jewel as your fourth. You can swap to 4 BL/5 vanq for second Bs bonus and drop MA as a tactic if you want to run Bullseye but it’s not necessary in lolaoe spec.

Always run armor pot and crit/bs lini (bs 80 pot if poor) and with WP wounds buff should be 7.5-8k wounds which is enough to survive any drop currently and if you play properly shouldn’t die in any even fight.
I did something very close to that and could feel an amelioration. Of course, as I reduced offensive RA (BS & WS) for FS, I also felt a slight negative effect on dps. But it is really acceptable and I still do the job.

Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:09 pm With Vanq you should be around 1 or 6 toughness iirc if you are using proper setup.

I totally don't understand what this mean (especially iirc)... For my culture, would you please translate ? :mrgreen:

Thanks again, elven !

Ads
PieTreBlu

Post#12 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:07 pm

Aricept wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:33 pm I totally don't understand what this mean (especially iirc)... For my culture, would you please translate ? :mrgreen:

Thanks again, elven !
He means while wearing the vanquisher set (which has no toughness) and using the "Instinctive aim" tactic (which will give you a debuff of -120 toughness) you will reach single digits in the stat. Toughness in general is useful when stacked so the difference between 100-200 and 5 is negligible, Basically as the others have said it's useless to SW. Stack wounds to a decent number, lower your chance to get crit with futile strikes and position yourself intelligently, that's all the survability you need.

TanithScout

Post#13 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:21 am

Toughness is for reducing DPS that you take, so you need to mitigate that dps in the first place (tanks). SW has mobility and plenty of tricks to help them allowing them to focus on wounds.

I notice big differences in playstyle between good and bad SW's.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz