Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Thamor

Re: [Swordmaster] Builds, hints and tips.

Post#261 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:55 pm

If you don't have it take phoenix wing as you are specced in khaine. Just small advice from old timer with SM =)

a&b choices depend on what you want. More damage = protection of hoeth / more utility = crashing wave.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#262 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:17 pm

if you're the dps tank in the group, always offspec in hoeth for stronger DPS. KOTBS should always have a KD, and you will usually have at least one DPS who can KD.

agree re phoenix wing, too gud not to have.

Zintair

Post#263 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Thamor wrote:If you don't have it take phoenix wing as you are specced in khaine. Just small advice from old timer with SM =)

a&b choices depend on what you want. More damage = protection of hoeth / more utility = crashing wave.
Really what is the reasoning for a cleave when I'd have to choose that over snare/parry/spirit debuff?

I'm definitely picking that up for PvE but I am at a loss for where that would be better to use in PvP?

Or is it just higher dmg ability for improved balance?
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#264 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:37 pm

It deals spirit damage, and more targets hit=more chances to proc blade enchant.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

dansari

Post#265 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Zintair wrote:
Thamor wrote:If you don't have it take phoenix wing as you are specced in khaine. Just small advice from old timer with SM =)

Really what is the reasoning for a cleave when I'd have to choose that over snare/parry/spirit debuff?

I'm definitely picking that up for PvE but I am at a loss for where that would be better to use in PvP?

Or is it just higher dmg ability for improved balance?
Allows you to apply stat steal or resist debuff to enemies in a cone, plus it's spirit damage, plus if you're specced in Khaine its damage is higher.
<Salt Factory>

Zintair

Post#266 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Ahhhhh spirit damage nice and yea forgot about procing either HB or NB. Thanks for the added tip.

However I did some T4 orvr and i can definitely see why sword and shield might be better for the warband vs warband fighting.

I have a guild and friends to play with but do random 6 mans ever roam like in Daoc? Cause I really like the potential for the 2h play style but just not the best when it's WB vs WB ping pong

Montague

Charon

Post#267 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Maybe im not person to give "pro" advice in term of SM, but if you like snb spec - you can try this one for offensive play in sc

RoR.builders - Sword Master

You may take WW if you want and have group which can benefit from cooldowns haste - but i usually use DS as main finisher.

Ps this build strongly bases on quick auto atack so look on available gear and weapon, there are some options;D
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Deehorsey
Suspended

Post#268 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Zintair wrote:Ahhhhh spirit damage nice and yea forgot about procing either HB or NB. Thanks for the added tip.

However I did some T4 orvr and i can definitely see why sword and shield might be better for the warband vs warband fighting.

I have a guild and friends to play with but do random 6 mans ever roam like in Daoc? Cause I really like the potential for the 2h play style but just not the best when it's WB vs WB ping pong
Come be my spi debuff zintair!

6mans are mostly guild based, with rare pugs within them. At least in NA, EU primtime is a lot healthier... zergier too.

Play 2h, wall of darting steel is all the defense you need.
I can simply lock this thread and you guys will just have to deal with whatever ends up being implemented.

Ads
Zintair

Post#269 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Deehorsey wrote:
Zintair wrote:Ahhhhh spirit damage nice and yea forgot about procing either HB or NB. Thanks for the added tip.

Come be my spi debuff zintair!

6mans are mostly guild based, with rare pugs within them. At least in NA, EU primtime is a lot healthier... zergier too.

Play 2h, wall of darting steel is all the defense you need.
Sold! I'm playing late na during the week but weekends I'm on. WODS seems perfect especially since you can be mobile. It was just this experience I had last night WB vs WB where I was obviously solo and it was PUG so I couldn't be as effective in the 2h DPS offtank roll as I feel the class can be not to mention I'm low level haha.

Definitely want to get after it tho let me know!

Also now it's either Vaul or Hoeth as my second tree but I think I might try Hoeth first unless we need the knockdown from crashing wave.

Montague

Thamor

Post#270 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 pm

If you go more tankier and play Sword&Shield style would spec for crashing wave&vaul's buffer then rest in hoeth and at least have protection of hoeth. You do lose crit tactic from khaine, but if in orvr it's better to be more survivable in wb vs wb fights if your are low gear/rr and using shield&sword as SM. As you need to be the frontline and hold the line is better for the whole group in warband to have. As every zerg fights rarely have 2 good premade parties build to be frontline arrow fist that can always push in and get to the backlines.

SM really needs more fixing to be able to play like IB&Kotb can. More tanky and have build-in skills buffs for whole party. SM just isn't viable to play tanky mode when KOTB&IB do 100x more to their party when they are build to be tanky. Only thing where SM will always be better is dps as SM don't have any target that it has trouble in killing, because of all attacks being spirit & having spirit debuffs.

1. Crushing advance - armor bonus for whole group and stacks with armor potion (Minimum your guarded person gets the buff). This would already make shield&sword tanky SM more viable. 13 pts skill that is waste of time.

2. Redirected force - Remove this and change this totally to skill that does nothing else but buff your party. Doesn't need to do damage. Easy change is something like give your party parry/dodge/disrupt 10% bonus for 10s 30s cd skill.

3. Tactic forceful shock - Make this change Gusting wind to single target knockback and have long range knockback in it.

Just hope someday SM could be played more support tank and not just offensive tank.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc