Recent Topics

Ads

[Shadow Warrior] 40/40 Assault Build/Questions

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

[Shadow Warrior] 40/40 Assault Build/Questions

Post#1 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:04 am

Howdy!

So, I never played SW on Live, and I only created one for an RP guild that kinda sorta fell through, I kinda like it however,. I tried the FA bomb build, and while great DPS, I like to move... Skirmisher build is fun. But I dislike getting melted if my kite fails. With the server down, I was thinking about builds and think that this could be fun:

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 3957:3967:

Ending with Glass Arrow at RR70. Between Acid Arrow, Spiral fletch, BroadHead, and Shadow Sting(heal debuff) semi-rang should still pack a punch and help "bait" a target. Jump into melee as Morale permits, or enemy pushes. General plan would have me with the frontliners(ie next to mah guard) since I can switch-hit so to speak. The extra DPS on between targets/as I kite could be very helpful. Not to mention he should be a pretty nasty surprise to a few would be gankers... Low toughness does concern me though. Pumping armor should help a bit, but I'm an RDPS, i'm supposed to be squishy...

Now for the questions;
1, Thoughts and critiques? I welcome other builds and idea's as well.
2, Does the 3p armor bonus from Merc(+240 armor) double while under assault stance?
3, If a yes, my thought was 3p Merc 2p Anni(Ruin till I can afford). Unless I went 5p to get the set bonus. This could change the build to http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 3957:3967: Unsure on Tali's atm, would run the numbers. But probably 3-4 armor and the rest BS.
4, Which brings me to this question... No Respite or Distracting Rebounds? I have a feeling with that low of Toughness, AoE detaunt will be nice... Other option would be Split Arrows to make myself more of an AoE nuisance.
5. RR? To begin with, does RR ranged crit % get added via assault? If so I guess x3 Sure Shot and x3 reflexes? or maybe Rd...

Thanks for any advice. Oh, and yea. I am expecting to get rolled a bit as assault SW...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Karl

Re: [Shadow Warrior] 40/40 Assault Build/Questions

Post#2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:02 am

Gz on finding a class thats great fun to play - IMHO :)

I played one on live til the bitter end and never found a better build than full skrim and rest in scout - that worked for me.

Tried one that was fun to play but not that "effective" in my hands and that was a high rr build with 13 Points in assault (taking the kd) and 11 in skrim (iirc). The gear for that was full def sov, so it's a rr 80 build...

Dabbart

Post#3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:37 pm

So. Now that the server is back up, a few things:

1, I forgot the heal debuff got moved, so the build is:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... :;0:0:0:0:
2, the animation for Swift Strikes reminds me of BM from 8bit theatre, or an American Psycho stabbing moment..
3, Even in crap gear it's actually kinda fun. Lowish on the spike side, but great utility on the sheer amount attacks at my disposal from any range. Steal a lot of DBs.
4, squishy as all hell. Distracting Rebounds is a must.

Ends with 850ish str, 900ish BS with 660WS with grim slash proc'd. Only 2200ish armor atm though, still in a mix of stalker/dev/purp for crit bonus'.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

OgiWanBG

Post#4 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:40 am

Dabbart wrote:So. Now that the server is back up, a few things:

1, I forgot the heal debuff got moved, so the build is:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... :;0:0:0:0:
2, the animation for Swift Strikes reminds me of BM from 8bit theatre, or an American Psycho stabbing moment..
3, Even in crap gear it's actually kinda fun. Lowish on the spike side, but great utility on the sheer amount attacks at my disposal from any range. Steal a lot of DBs.
4, squishy as all hell. Distracting Rebounds is a must.

Ends with 850ish str, 900ish BS with 660WS with grim slash proc'd. Only 2200ish armor atm though, still in a mix of stalker/dev/purp for crit bonus'.
This was my build on Live server.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 8:;0:0:0:0:

Wait for M2 to pop, then Von+m2+Brutal assault when target is knocked down.

I'd always preferred the Assault/Skirmish build. You need good gear for it(although you dont have Warp/Doom sets here) and should learn to kite.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Dabbart

Post#5 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Wow, old thread revived..

1, you should M2+VoN+whatever attackk... VoN can be used during the GCD of the M2.

2, I have tried, and truly dislike Brutal Assault. Running 3 tactics that only help when in melee, sounds like a top gear build. And Hurray! Look, it's an RR70 build... Thanks for the idea's though.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 0:;0:0:0:0: That is what I end up running most of the time. Mainly a medium ranged attack spec, but lets you swap when the enemy charges/you need to push. Great in solo, fewer things more rewarding then kiting/ranged smashing someone, have em finally catch up.. Then Grim slash/SS murder...

Honestly though, I swap tactics nearly every time I play the SW(which is rarely). It's a fun build, but good for screwin around... And we always need a tank/healer far more..

AlistaireCrowley

Post#6 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:58 pm

To play Assault SW you need KD, Tactic that increase dmg when close to target and Brutal assault tactic. Swift strikes is utterly crap and the aoe melee attack is also crap. You also need the heal debuff.

Best regards
Hulkster/ Satana/ Oddjobb/ Alistaire/ Lucifier/ Lestath/ Molochai/ Morpheuz/ Jago/ Fabio/ Gorkchop/ Luzious

Dabbart

Post#7 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Heal debuff got moved on the tree. So the builder makes it look like you don't have it.

I don't like "assault only" build. You have so much ranged, why force yourself to be in melee for any effectiveness? Swap stances dpenending on what's happening. For that, glass arrow is priceless, brutal assault tactic isn't helpful the vast majority of the time, and SS hits pretty hard with M2+Von+grim slash debuff.

And all SWs have a KD. Just switch stances. Having 2 is nice, but that takes a lot of mastery points to get...

My point, is hat this build is designed to be able to survive and continue with DOS in melee. Not to be pigeon holed into melee, with a few closing attacks...

OgiWanBG

Post#8 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 am

Dabbart wrote:Wow, old thread revived..

1, you should M2+VoN+whatever attackk... VoN can be used during the GCD of the M2.

2, I have tried, and truly dislike Brutal Assault. Running 3 tactics that only help when in melee, sounds like a top gear build. And Hurray! Look, it's an RR70 build... Thanks for the idea's though.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 0:;0:0:0:0: That is what I end up running most of the time. Mainly a medium ranged attack spec, but lets you swap when the enemy charges/you need to push. Great in solo, fewer things more rewarding then kiting/ranged smashing someone, have em finally catch up.. Then Grim slash/SS murder...

Honestly though, I swap tactics nearly every time I play the SW(which is rarely). It's a fun build, but good for screwin around... And we always need a tank/healer far more..
1 - My bad, I'm a bit rusty and forgot about that.

You can use Assault stance for range fight - it increases your weapon skill(armor pen) which isn't bad.

Also for Long/Med range fights I would use this:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sw; ... 3:;0:0:0:0:

Snipe ppl for siege/defending/large scale fights and when things got curly switch to Skirmish.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65

Ads