Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Need help soloing

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Elftwin95

Re: [SW] Need help soloing

Post#71 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Nice to hear Vandoles :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Ads
sotora

Post#72 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Vandoles wrote:
Spoiler:
sotora wrote:
Vandoles wrote:
Ok, I'm getting the idea that trying to even take squigs is a lost cause.

So what about WEs? What if I stack armor/toughness, to try and survive the KD?

I've survived before, when they get unlucky with crits, but then I have the very big problem that I KD them, whirling pin away...but they just pop fleet footed, catch up to me and I'm **** again.
Not much you can do. Same as not much WE can do if you as SW spot unstealthed WE. WE opens on you you most lilkely die, you meet unstalthed WE, you most likely kill it.
drmordread wrote:Soloing on any class is discouraged through the system changes. You do not have and most likely we will not get, liniments and crit tallies that in your case would up your BAL and CRIT for faster kills, and the 3pot heal and Absorb pots to survive long enough to kill while solo.

The best you can do IMO on an SW is get real quick at switching stances in the middle of a fight. Start with the range boost in Scout and use the armor debuff, switch to skirmish for kiting and the KD and if they get in close switch to assault for the mdps boost.
As for Squig Herders ... unless you take them completely by surprise and dot them up good, you will lose. Their pets can follow and kill you while they run away. Also they do not have to switch stances and all their big dots can be fired on the move.
It might be discouraged, but no amount of discouragement will stop ppl from soloing, discouraging it more is more likely to push ppl from game rather than make people to go group only.
There's a little bit of a problem with your first point in that a WE that gets picked out of stealth can usually run away through fleet footed (the escape thingy) and flee, restealth and try again as many times as she chooses, considering SWs have no speed bonus or heavy chase unless they burst the WE through the ranged KD properly.

I mean, it's not to make any point, just to clarify something and why I said the whirling pin being able to take WEs out of stealth thing.
Your ranged KD counters Fleet-Flooted and your dots counter re-stealth. You're doing something wrong as SW met in the open or even worse when SW sees you before WE sees it - is one of worst banes of WEs.

Unless you're talking about a situation when WE sees you at your max distance and has Fleet-Footed with speed boost tactic (which nerf WE damage output heavily) and immedietaly pops it to run away from your ranged distance before you KD/dot it and re-stealth/lose LOS. Well if you want to counter even that kind of situation then sorry but you're asking something silly.

I also don't agree that any ability should have guarantee to repop stealthed WE/WH, pets already do that and it's bull. Remember that Warhammer stealth is already much weaker than stealth in other MMORPGs.

Vandoles

Post#73 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:09 pm

Spoiler:
sotora wrote:
Vandoles wrote:
Spoiler:
sotora wrote: Not much you can do. Same as not much WE can do if you as SW spot unstealthed WE. WE opens on you you most lilkely die, you meet unstalthed WE, you most likely kill it.

It might be discouraged, but no amount of discouragement will stop ppl from soloing, discouraging it more is more likely to push ppl from game rather than make people to go group only.
There's a little bit of a problem with your first point in that a WE that gets picked out of stealth can usually run away through fleet footed (the escape thingy) and flee, restealth and try again as many times as she chooses, considering SWs have no speed bonus or heavy chase unless they burst the WE through the ranged KD properly.

I mean, it's not to make any point, just to clarify something and why I said the whirling pin being able to take WEs out of stealth thing.
Your ranged KD counters Fleet-Flooted and your dots counter re-stealth. You're doing something wrong as SW met in the open or even worse when SW sees you before WE sees it - is one of worst banes of WEs.

Unless you're talking about a situation when WE sees you at your max distance and has Fleet-Footed with speed boost tactic (which nerf WE damage output heavily) and immedietaly pops it to run away from your distance and re-stealth. Well if you want to counter even that kind of situation then sorry but you're asking something silly.

I also don't agree that any ability should have guarantee to repop stealthed WE/WH, pets already do that and it's bull. Remember that Warhammer stealth is already much weaker than stealth in other MMORPGs.
That's the situation I meant, where the WE sees you at a distance (the most common case unless you're in something like Praag, where buildings hide you a lot). Although I've had plenty of issues with WEs I manage to ranged KD, can't burst down in that and get 3-4 dodges on my dots. But that's another issue, can't help luck. Just a small note, amost all roaming WEs run with the speed tactic and no, it doesn't nerf damage output HEAVILY, a WE with speed boost and good gear can still burst anyone down easily.

Anyway, on the point of what I said to have the whirling pin thing - using whirling pin to pop a WE out of stealth is incredibly risky, because your ONLY defense and chance to run away is to time a whirling pin well. In addition the radius is very low and the WE can see you (and see when you use it) so the WE can easily wait it out in a fight or it becomes a fight of outplaying each other and pure skill - the WE notices you are about to use it, stays out of range then drops you when you use it or you don't use it long enough and bait the WE into attacking, using it at the right moment.

You're also forgetting pets are always there to break stealth, whirling pin is a big cooldown that burns out your only escape ability if used.

I've been soloing for a while in rvr lakes now and my usual tactic when I know there's a WE stealthed around is to attempt to whirling pin away (catching them by surprise) and pop flee to run out of range asap. I can safely say I succeed rarely enough that it wouldn't change more than a very low amount of fights, because it's damn hard to predict when the WE will actually open. All I'm saying is that it would be similar to an assault SW's chance to drop a squig - whirling pin backwards off the pet in his face, KD him and melee him down, relying mostly on surprise. You'll do it so rarely and so few people will be able to do it that it won't change overall balance one bit, but the ability to do it makes it worth trying and makes the class so much more fun because of the added skill reliance it has.

Anyway, it's not some suggestion or idea I'm giving, I'm honestly just engaging in casual talks about how to handle WE. I pretty much accept WE is one of the counters to a SW.

sotora

Post#74 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Vandoles wrote:
I've been soloing for a while in rvr lakes now and my usual tactic when I know there's a WE stealthed around is to attempt to whirling pin away (catching them by surprise) and pop flee to run out of range asap.
Exactly what WE does when sees SW on the horizon. Run.
I can safely say I succeed rarely enough that it wouldn't change more than a very low amount of fights, because it's damn hard to predict when the WE will actually open.
If you know that WE is stealthed in the area (i.e. you saw WE stealthing) then I don't know how fail to escape so much. WE/WH stealth is 30 s max and movement speed is walk speed. Assuming you saw WE stealthing those 2-3 GCDs or more from you feets from you, pressing flee and running in another direction means that WE cannot open on you because it cannot close the distance.
Vandoles wrote: That's the situation I meant, where the WE sees you at a distance (the most common case unless you're in something like Praag, where buildings hide you a lot)
[/quote][/quote]
Actually many zones have diffrent terrain levels, trees, ruins, buildings, etc Truly open zones like Chaos Wastes are in miniority.

As for your situation - if you say that if someone is at edge of your range should not be able to escape, well sorry that is a "bit" overboard.

If WE is at range but not at edge of your range, then WE is screwed. Snare it, then WE will use fleet-footed, then you KD. Game over, gg, dead WE.

I will dust off my WE and start playing it seon, but unless something massively changed it last months then good SW were one of biggest bane of WE when solo raming lakes. Even with RD, CW, Snare dagger, etc SW can simply out CC WE if you meet it unstealthed and are not out of range or at best at edge of range.

Vandoles

Post#75 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:36 pm

You're really talking about something else here I think. I agree with all you said, I and every other SW can escape a WE they know is stealthed around them, it is ridiculous that they shouldn't be able to escape at all, all I was saying (which seemed to cause quite an uproar) is that it'd be neat if you were allowed to outskill the WE if you timed whirling pin to the milisecond, it's something I've always loved in MMOs, when skill can completely change the outcome. That way when I see a WE it isn't a case of me running away or him and as clear cut as it is, but we'll actually engage and have a contest of skill. I wasn't honestly suggesting anything or wishing for anything, as I said, I'm pretty happy with the class as it is and am just waiting for higher gear to have my assualt build be more melee-y and less skirmrish with a melee KD and a m2 burst in melee. I'll happily accept losing to WEs, since it's pretty normal for a melee stealther to take out a ranged or even hybrid ranged.

Annnnyway, if you're playing WE and you're getting caught out of stealth by SWs too much that's not really to mean that SWs are your bane - rather you've not stealthed properly. I don't wanna go off-topic, but I used to play a WE and the only time I got caught out of stealth is when I risked too much (it's normal to die if you try to stealth past a WB to the WC and meet another WB) or was afk or something. Or if you rush, but I think it's very realistic that an assassin has to be patient. That said, I do think stealth could use a lower cd (and lower duration, as was suggested once) so the class is more timing less lottery (since you can't really predict 30 seconds ahead). But anyway, to the point, as a WE anything is your bane if you're caught out of stealth. Honestly, if any class in the game catches you out of stealth and dies, they're just worse than you. I don't think the SW is very special in that regard, personally.

kattming77

Post#76 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 pm

actually odjira would be nice to have especially for bright wizards whom dont have any skillset to keep a decent distance, sucks when you get focused and 5 melee are on you mow you down fast and you couldnt keep the pace to kite them

KikkL
Banned

Post#77 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Swift Srikes- Mellee chanlled ability.

Really like this skill on my sw. But it seems very picky. Half the time it cancels out, target has to remain 100% in front of you at all times, if they move slightly off it cancels.
I know the melee dok. You can run around the whole board once rend soul is set on a target.
But this skill you have to be so precise to have it run its full duration!
If enemy moves slight off to the side, cancels. If enemy gets a LITTLE farther away than 5ft, cancels.
If not looking directly at your target, cancels.

Just saying it needs some work.

Mystriss

Post#78 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:11 pm

RE SS. That's new, it used to be ridiculous for /not/ releasing. I couldn't find the video of it just now, but I have a recording of SS killing a marauder at like 45' behind me heh

Ads
Toldavf

Post#79 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 am

kattming77 wrote:actually odjira would be nice to have especially for bright wizards whom dont have any skillset to keep a decent distance, sucks when you get focused and 5 melee are on you mow you down fast and you couldnt keep the pace to kite them
If you have 5 melee's focusing you then maybe in that instance they deserve to kill you :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#80 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 am

if you like bow, make an SH ... they are extremely entertaining with the amount of Scape and interesting skills. SH >>>>>>>>>>>>> SW