Recent Topics

Ads

Buffing the Shadow Warrior/What change would you like to see?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Elftwin95

Buffing the Shadow Warrior/What change would you like to see?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi all, Just out of curiosity,
what sort of change would you all like to see to the SW career, if the Devs would choose to buff them?
Personally, I would like for the stances not to nerf the BS stats too hard, and maybe somehow boost our armor...but as I said, these are just my "Wishlist" so to speak :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Buffing the Shadow Warrior/What change would you like to see?

Post#2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Only assault needs love. Others function very well.

sanii

Post#3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Elftwin95 wrote:Hi all, Just out of curiosity,
what sort of change would you all like to see to the SW career, if the Devs would choose to buff them?
Personally, I would like for the stances not to nerf the BS stats too hard, and maybe somehow boost our armor...but as I said, these are just my "Wishlist" so to speak :)
How do stances nerf any stats ? Also we have a stance that increases our armor by 100%.

All i'd want is just some 'small' buffs for melee SW , nothing outrageous , maybe changing how some of the more usless abilities work or a mild damage buff would make it perfectly fine.
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:06 pm

The stances work fine. The issue is the number of SWs that don't stance dance.... imo...

You're not supposed to stay in Melee range or stationary turret 100% of the time...

If anything, maybe allow stance dancing to work outside of GCD? SWs are real powerful already though...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

sanii

Post#5 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Dabbart wrote: If anything, maybe allow stance dancing to work outside of GCD? SWs are real powerful already though...
It already is outside the gcd, just like the mara stances!! ;)
[Deep and Dry] - Order

Jaycub

Post#6 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Looks like your wishlist was already granted, to think your wishes would be granted and SW would get the buffs it needs from a thread not even on the 2nd page.

You guys did it!
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Dabbart

Post#7 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:31 pm

sanii wrote:
Dabbart wrote: If anything, maybe allow stance dancing to work outside of GCD? SWs are real powerful already though...
It already is outside the gcd, just like the mara stances!! ;)

Hmm.. it's been a long time since I deleted my SW. My bad on that, I don't remember it doing so.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Aquilon

Post#8 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:43 pm

It would be enough just to roll back all the nerfs made on RoR, for the Whirling Pin, especially. Rolling back Enchanted Arrows mght be excessive now, but will prove absolute necessity after realm-lock introduction.

But if we're talking about buffs: remove stance requirements from Takedown and Lileath's Arrow and make Masterful Aim contribute to strength in Assault stance. That would be it.

Destro burning inc in 3..2..1
Means determine end.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Enchanted arrows was rolled back. It ignores 100% of resistances. Damage is capped at 4K however...

Also, let's not have lileaths spamming in assault stance shall we? With tactics to increase dam and decrease CT in range, that'd be crazy, even without the AoE damage buff...

Edit dunno f CT reducer works on lileaths actually...
Last edited by Dabbart on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sanii

Post#10 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Aquilon wrote:It would be enough just to roll back all the nerfs made on RoR, for the Whirling Pin, especially. Rolling back Enchanted Arrows mght be excessive now, but will prove absolute necessity after realm-lock introduction.
I'm curious how does rolling back enchanted arrows correlate to realm-lock introduction. Also it already has been rolled back

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18393
Azarael wrote: Shadow Warrior

- The nerf to Enchanted Arrows has been reverted. It will now behave as per its tooltip.
Now Masterful Aim giving you str. aswell is actually an interesting suggestion! My issue with melee SW is that there are so many tactic's that you would want but only so little space :) so i don't know if i would use it even with MA giving you str.

I would be careful with reducing stance requirement's from too many abilities as you will run into a situation where you don't have a reason why to swap to a different stance except for its raw stat's.
[Deep and Dry] - Order