Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM Vis-a-vis DPS SH

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: DPS AM Vis-a-vis DPS SH

Post#21 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Well If The target is near enough big whaag is a must have
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
Thamor

Post#22 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 am

Well Shaman is the best kiter in the game.

In pure damage numbers thinking only AM will outdps shaman always (COT, 9s dot from healdebuff). But when you start to compare debuffs/buffs what other have and other doesn't then it get's more tricky. In one sense that shaman has extra 15% more damage & ability to reduce toughness alot more than AM is powerful.

Another thing is Shaman vs Archmage, AM will win that fight, as shaman can't cleanse AM dots, but AM cleanse Shammy dots. Which will always make it much more favorable for the archmage. Enough fighting and the Drain Magic will leech shaman's AP pool to 0 and then it usually starts to fall even more favorable of AM.

When you compare the use of the healers in scenarios, I would always pick Shaman over AM as dps specced. 240 toughness reduction with 15% more damage from Absorb shield to your target (ally or yourself), 'Ere we go, the shaman brings alot more burst to a good group than AM.

Then the last comparison which should be made, AM & SM synergy to do crazy spirit damage to target which will always favor them usually over any Destruction tank helping shaman to dps.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#23 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 am

Thamor wrote:Well Shaman is the best kiter in the game.

In pure damage numbers thinking only AM will outdps shaman always (COT, 9s dot from healdebuff). But when you start to compare debuffs/buffs what other have and other doesn't then it get's more tricky. In one sense that shaman has extra 15% more damage & ability to reduce toughness alot more than AM is powerful.

Another thing is Shaman vs Archmage, AM will win that fight, as shaman can't cleanse AM dots, but AM cleanse Shammy dots. Which will always make it much more favorable for the archmage. Enough fighting and the Drain Magic will leech shaman's AP pool to 0 and then it usually starts to fall even more favorable of AM.

When you compare the use of the healers in scenarios, I would always pick Shaman over AM as dps specced. 240 toughness reduction with 15% more damage from Absorb shield to your target (ally or yourself), 'Ere we go, the shaman brings alot more burst to a good group than AM.

Then the last comparison which should be made, AM & SM synergy to do crazy spirit damage to target which will always favor them usually over any Destruction tank helping shaman to dps.
First of All the +15% dmg from absorb shield is nit usable in a proper dps spec. Second an am Cant kill a shammy.. And a shammy Cant kill an am Just one is totaly stupid.
Second shammy isnt The Best kiter ingame As dps shammy. You dont have stikki feetz. The only Tool is run away and eek so not the best kite Potential you have no slow or something

Shammy has more direkt dmg spells than am. Am is a dot Maschine. I think in good grp fights a am isnt that Easy to implement than a shammy
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Kali14
Banned

Post#24 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:43 am

As AM aditional armour from talismans and/or from healing potion help a lot in fight against SH. Also some reduction to being critically hit and high wounds. Good tactic is use some dots and run away because 5 sec when you are silenced is enought for SH and his pet to kill you. It's about 1v1. I think SH is the worst horror, special designed to killing AM but against other classes he stop to be so dangerous. Different if he have healer...AM don't need him so go better as 2x AM than SH + healer or as solo AM than solo SH. SH is danger only for light armoured classes, unfornatelly order have them a lot.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#25 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:05 am

He meant shammy not sh

Kali14
Banned

Post#26 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 am

Ok my mistake. As WH I had no cheance against Shaman but as AM my cheance vs WE were equal. This what I can say on this subject.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#27 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 am

Against wh As dps is preddy even If youre reaction is fast and you can eek + bleed gerade me before spell immun you have a chance. If not you need luck

Thamor

Post#28 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:
Thamor wrote:Well Shaman is the best kiter in the game.

First of All the +15% dmg from absorb shield is nit usable in a proper dps spec. Second an am Cant kill a shammy.. And a shammy Cant kill an am Just one is totaly stupid.
Second shammy isnt The Best kiter ingame As dps shammy. You dont have stikki feetz. The only Tool is run away and eek so not the best kite Potential you have no slow or something

Shammy has more direkt dmg spells than am. Am is a dot Maschine. I think in good grp fights a am isnt that Easy to implement than a shammy
You can always spec for stikki feetz, yes you lose some dps but gain the best kiting potential in the game, can't have it all. Your point about Eek is invalid as goblins are the only classes in the game that has in game build tactic to turbo speed. You still have aoe KB with snare in that skill to get distance.

The point about being the best kiter is Run away tactic, Eek, selfheals, buffs & debuffs. Where that speed tactic plays the most important part when melee can't compete against it.

Well this debate AM vs Shammy is pointless, but I would still say AM has the advantage because of cleanse and shammy can't cleanse AM dots. Can either kill each other...that is different question :).
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm

I would always take sticky feetz on my DPS shaman, it's just too good not to take.

In a 1v1 the Shaman can win provided he uses his silence at an opportune moment to coincide with his burst. Otherwise, the longer the fight goes on, the more likely it is the AM will win.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#30 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Ah i never would give my 5 sec silence away for sticky feetz. The Hit Area is to slow and you can Simply over jump it If it dont hits you on the head. Combos in grp play with stagger punt 5 sec silence on a healer are too cool

Dont get me wrong shammy is a good kiter! But squig Herder is better! Two self punts, run away tactic, ranged snare, faster run spell, pet. Here is the King of kite not the shammy

In a am vs shammy 1on1 noone can win If you time detaunt ap drain silence life tap Hot and bleed fertig me