Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] T4 tips

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
facundo7777

[SW] T4 tips

Post#1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:55 am

Hello,
I so so close to reach t4 on my sw and i have few questions to be better :)

1) generally is SW viable in t4 or noone will invite sw to party/wb cause they will be waiting for example for BW and i should roll new char xD?
2) what build is "best" atm? iam aiming to hybrid scout/skirmish. Scout to festering arrow, skirmish to tactic with range.
3) What about stats? balisitic is prio but what with others? how important is weapon skill, toughnes, wounds etc.
4) how to correctly gear up at start in t4?

If in point 1) u will said i should reroll U can skip other points :)

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [SW] T4 tips

Post#2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:19 am

I recommend reading all SW tips in highelf forum.
i think premade wants 40/40 at least.
it's not hard to get in pug wb.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Manatikik

Post#3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:21 am

1) Sw's are super viable in T4! While you'll hate running into the Melee Train, you'll love everything else about SW!

2) Everyone has their own tweaks to the build but pretty much everyone I see is specced in to get Powerful Draw (PD; Skirmish), Shadow Sting (SS; Skirmish), Glass Arrow (GA; Scout), and then either Fell the Weak (FtW; Scout) or Flanking Shot (FS; Skirmish). People still run the Festerbomb build but I'm personally not a fan of it. If you're looking for a good low-T4 Scout/Skirmish here's a decent Mastery Build: Scout/Skirmish Build - For Tactics run: Powerful Draw, Masterful Aim, Instinctive Aim, and Enchanted Arrows; for Morales: Lileath's Forgiveness, Unshakable Focus (Never slot anything else), Instill Fear, and Hail of Doom.

3) So with a combo of Ruin/Mercenary/Annihilator Gear, Epic Weapons, and some BS Jewelry you should easily be able to Soft Cap Ballistic Skill (BS; Soft Cap is 1050), then focus on Weapon Skill (WS), and then I typically try to aim for Wounds and Toughness (Though if you're getting to a point where you think maxing your wounds is your only option then you're positioning yourself too badly).

4) Once you hit 31 and come into Tier 4 you want to get a full set of Ruin Gear (T4 PQ Set that drops from Gold Bags and then has a Fragment system in the lower bags so oyu can buy pieces) by farming some PQ's, you can almost always find a group going in LFG chat; grab two T4 Epic Quest Weapons, you can pick these up at Dwarf, Elf, and Empire Chapter 20 Camps and find the walkthroughs and rewards on the Wiki; Qhaysh Waistguard from T3 Elf ORvR Influence is the best belt you can have until you need Conquer/Dominator for set bonuses; and for Jewelry you can either take a Tome of Knowledge (ToK) Jewelry set such as the The Winds Impervious for a little more defense or try to stack good BS Jewelry that you find/buy.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just ask!
<Montague><Capulet>

facundo7777

Post#4 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:56 am

Manatikik wrote:1) Sw's are super viable in T4! While you'll hate running into the Melee Train, you'll love everything else about SW!

2) Everyone has their own tweaks to the build but pretty much everyone I see is specced in to get Powerful Draw (PD; Skirmish), Shadow Sting (SS; Skirmish), Glass Arrow (GA; Scout), and then either Fell the Weak (FtW; Scout) or Flanking Shot (FS; Skirmish). People still run the Festerbomb build but I'm personally not a fan of it. If you're looking for a good low-T4 Scout/Skirmish here's a decent Mastery Build: Scout/Skirmish Build - For Tactics run: Powerful Draw, Masterful Aim, Instinctive Aim, and Enchanted Arrows; for Morales: Lileath's Forgiveness, Unshakable Focus (Never slot anything else), Instill Fear, and Hail of Doom.

3) So with a combo of Ruin/Mercenary/Annihilator Gear, Epic Weapons, and some BS Jewelry you should easily be able to Soft Cap Ballistic Skill (BS; Soft Cap is 1050), then focus on Weapon Skill (WS), and then I typically try to aim for Wounds and Toughness (Though if you're getting to a point where you think maxing your wounds is your only option then you're positioning yourself too badly).

4) Once you hit 31 and come into Tier 4 you want to get a full set of Ruin Gear (T4 PQ Set that drops from Gold Bags and then has a Fragment system in the lower bags so oyu can buy pieces) by farming some PQ's, you can almost always find a group going in LFG chat; grab two T4 Epic Quest Weapons, you can pick these up at Dwarf, Elf, and Empire Chapter 20 Camps and find the walkthroughs and rewards on the Wiki; Qhaysh Waistguard from T3 Elf ORvR Influence is the best belt you can have until you need Conquer/Dominator for set bonuses; and for Jewelry you can either take a Tome of Knowledge (ToK) Jewelry set such as the The Winds Impervious for a little more defense or try to stack good BS Jewelry that you find/buy.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just ask!
thanks bro :) u fill my heart with hope because i was wondering reroll kotbs or sth other to: 1) be usefull in t4, 2)survive destro melee train :)

Ugle

Post#5 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:37 pm

Good advice from Fenryl. Personally I think there is no point stacking toughness as you loose 120 from instinctive aim, a must have tactic. Work on positioning, go full glasscannon. I specc full skirmisher/assault, easier to stay alive. Full skirm with merc set wich is relativley easy to obtain gives you lots of armor and ok stats. (BS tallies)
inactive

dansari

Post#6 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Depends on what you want to run. I haven't found that assault spec is very beneficial personally, YMMV, so I run Skirm/Scout (being high enough to get Flanking Shot and FtW helps.. I skip glass arrow), but I want to see how the warband spec works: No Respite, Expert Skirm, LS or IA with MA. Haven't tried it yet. Don't know if I'll miss Power Draw if I'm strictly running wb v wb
<Salt Factory>

Ugle

Post#7 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:04 am

Not sure if PD extends range on Lileaths Arrow. If not. No point using it for LA bomb spam.

Edit: this is my spec: RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

Changing replenishing strikes to no respite when I have reliable heals. Also able to use sinister assault when soloing in the lakes. (Whenever I feel the need to be raped by WEs :))
inactive

dansari

Post#8 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Ugle wrote:Not sure if PD extends range on Lileaths Arrow. If not. No point using it for LA bomb spam.

Changing replenishing strikes to no respite when I have reliable heals. Also able to use sinister assault when soloing in the lakes. (Whenever I feel the need to be raped by WEs :))
It doesn't, but having the extra range when trying to catch stragglers leading a group can be nice.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:40 pm

dansari wrote:
Ugle wrote:Not sure if PD extends range on Lileaths Arrow. If not. No point using it for LA bomb spam.

It doesn't, but having the extra range when trying to catch stragglers leading a group can be nice.
I feel like unless you're trying to be ONLY melee SW or like super glass-cannon Festerbomb/EE spam you need PD always slotted. 65 ft (esp in NA with slight desync) you're one GCD from being mauled by a mara/chosen.
<Montague><Capulet>