Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Support specs in the post-.ab ex world

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grunklestank

[AM] Support specs in the post-.ab ex world

Post#1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 pm

I picked a bad time to start maining an AM... or at least a confusing time. All the info I can find on AM specs seems outdated now, as it mostly came from the pre-.ab ex time, and I'm not sure if it's even relevant at all now that the AM/Sham mechanic changes have gone into effect.

Can you guys help me out with "modern" heal/support spec ideas (i.e. now that resources are used one per cast)?

This is aimed mainly at playing as part of an organized 6man group. I will be playing with a RP. I'm not sure if going a full Isha heal spec is best, or if it's generally better to go high into Vaul and run a lifetap spec. I feel like the Vaul approach is probably better as it allows me to assist on dmg as well as throw heals. I have very little interest in playing full DPS AM, as my heals will be needed in our group comp. Thoughts?
Grunklestank - BW
Grunklebro - AM (Formerly VirginNerd)
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >
Memes Quality Assurance Officer

Ads
Noiree

Re: [AM] Support specs in the post-.ab ex world

Post#2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:41 pm

But for Vaul you also have to get closer to the enemy with your squishy bum and find proper targets aka not one of those 10000000 blackguards.
For Vaul it seems like you actually need to stack int and spell crit again so your other heals are weak. Might be wrong on this, though.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Dabbart

Post#3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:00 pm

If you want to lifetap, you need intelligence of at least 450. Otherwise you get disrupted at a 60% rate. Losing the block/disrupt strike through neutered the lifetap spec drastically. As it stands, I would just go full left tree for the 50% AP tactic and the channel heal. Save all DPS stacks incase you need to kite so you can provide something.

Honestly, it is unknown how much of the .ab ex will be returning. So I wouldn't worry too much about your exact spec yet, things will be changing.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

shaggyboomboom

Post#4 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Normal isha and off spec for HD or silence, both work well.

Grunklestank

Post#5 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Dabbart wrote:Losing the block/disrupt strike through neutered the lifetap spec drastically.
I kept hearing comments thrown around here and there about how lifetap spec had been nerfed, but I could never get an answer as to how/why. Thank you for finally clarifying this for me!

shaggyboomboom wrote:Normal isha and off spec for HD or silence, both work well.
Forgive my noobaciousness, but what exactly is "normal Isha"?
Grunklestank - BW
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Grunklestank wrote:
Dabbart wrote:Losing the block/disrupt strike through neutered the lifetap spec drastically.
I kept hearing comments thrown around here and there about how lifetap spec had been nerfed, but I could never get an answer as to how/why. Thank you for finally clarifying this for me!

shaggyboomboom wrote:Normal isha and off spec for HD or silence, both work well.
spec for funnel essence, magical infusion, MoM, morale pump

Grunklestank

Post#7 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Spoiler:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
Grunklestank wrote:

shaggyboomboom wrote: spec for funnel essence, magical infusion, MoM, morale pump
[/quote]

Ok, so no Wild Healing??? :shock:

And how do I get all those Isha toys and still reach the silence in Vaul? Does that only work if you have set bonuses or are RR40+??
Grunklestank - BW
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >

bloodi
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=am; ... :;;0:0:0:0:

This is the base spec, then you add what you want/like.

Magical infusion got changed here so its not beyong worthless right now and you can also drop the silence for the heal debuff if your group really needs one. Besides that and tactics, not much to tweak or work around, thats what you get as healing am and got to do work with it.

Morale pump is alright on paperhammer, if the bugs are fixed, afaik they are not but you aint going to use it if you are not in a organized warband so dont even bother with it.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#9 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Grunklestank wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
Grunklestank wrote:

shaggyboomboom wrote: spec for funnel essence, magical infusion, MoM, morale pump
Ok, so no Wild Healing??? :shock:

And how do I get all those Isha toys and still reach the silence in Vaul? Does that only work if you have set bonuses or are RR40+??
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=am; ... :;0:0:0:0:
restoburst works just as well, you got 2x AP pots on a 60s CD and ap drain with 100% up time

Grunklestank

Post#10 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:53 pm

bloodi wrote:http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=am; ... ;;0:0:0:0:

This is the base spec, then you add what you want/like.

Magical infusion got changed here so its not beyong worthless right now and you can also drop the silence for the heal debuff if your group really needs one. Besides that and tactics, not much to tweak or work around, thats what you get as healing am and got to do work with it.

Morale pump is alright on paperhammer, if the bugs are fixed, afaik they are not but you aint going to use it if you are not in a organized warband so dont even bother with it.
Are you saying MI is good or bad? Your wording there was confusing (possibly a typo?)...

And how is morale pump if I am playing as part of a premade 6man? Still buggy and not worth it? Or...??
Grunklestank - BW
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >