Recent Topics

Ads

SM Build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Warfare80

Re: SM Build

Post#11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Very good info here and thanks alot. I have a 2h 34/34 sm im leveling (gonna keep her in SCs mostly) .
One more question about the 2h specc. The renownpoints,should i go all in with parry and Futile strikes?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
Zintair

Post#12 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Warfare80 wrote:Very good info here and thanks alot. I have a 2h 34/34 sm im leveling (gonna keep her in SCs mostly) .
One more question about the 2h specc. The renownpoints,should i go all in with parry and Futile strikes?
From the other thread there are four choices for 2h SM that seem to be consensus.

Futile Strike
Deft Defender (dodge disrupt)
Melee crit
Parry

I don't see how you could go wrong with any of those and I've taken all 4 to at least lvl 2
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

dansari

Post#13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 am

I would probably say dodge disrupt > parry > futile strikes > melee crit. At least deft defender 3 since a large part of the game revolves around ranged dps, then probably at least parry 3, then futile strikes.
<Salt Factory>

CytheX

Post#14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:31 am

Futile strike 3(maybe better 4if u have enough point), than max parry, deft defender is good too but wods help alot when focussed so i prefere parry to mitigate guard dmg.

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

CytheX wrote:Futile strike 3(maybe better 4if u have enough point), than max parry, deft defender is good too but wods help alot when focussed so i prefere parry to mitigate guard dmg.
Shalaaaa!

Agreed. Deft defender takes low priority imo because you can get good amounts with wods. If you wanna dps you should have 2 points into crit imo so you have at least 30% in perfect stance.

Thamor

Post#16 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 am

Madcatmech wrote:No offence but the builds you guys posted are not really good.

2H Khaine/Vaul
http://www.ror.builders/career/sword-ma ... ,2865,2862

2H Khaine/Hoeth
http://www.ror.builders/career/sword-ma ... ,2865,2862

SnB DPS Hoeth/Vaul
http://www.ror.builders/career/sword-ma ... ,2885,2883

SnB Deftard comes down to selecting defensive tactics and adjusting your talismans/jewelry accordingly, no switchup of mastery required.
Thumbs for these. As these are the most basic and most used builds as they maximize what you can do with SM. Of course there is other kind of builds floating around now, 1 is full hoeth or khaine. Heal tactics are pretty weak in hoeth but they aren't useless if you really are playing SM more defensive and want to have some random green numbers coming in fights.
Last edited by Thamor on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rare Units
Errandyl - SM
Kirali - WH
Kiralir - BW
Kiralia - WP
Fallen Legion
Kiraliel - WE
Thamor - Dok
Tham - Bo
Kiralie - Sorc

MayoDaen78

Post#17 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:29 am

blackwatch1508 wrote:I'll 2nd the KaineVual build. That's what I use. Does decent damage, and I still have some CC/KD/KB/guard utility
How good is Khaine/Vaul build? I haven't tried it, but might give it a go. Only tried Khaine/Hoeth and Vaul/Hoeth so far.
Does your spirit debuff and WoH drastically drop with Khaine/Vaul? Because I know spirit damage/debuff is like bread and butter in SM skill rotation. Do you lose bit of dps going this spec? Thanks in advance :)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Charon

Post#18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 pm

you thinking about something like that right

RoR.builders - Sword Master

or like that

khain/vaul with Vauls buffer is possible and might be a bit tankier that khain/hoeth and has access to heavy hiting knock down but generally you lose some points in spiryt debuff and group absorb so its some kind trade-off.

Im not fan of 2h spec so i use my own snb off build.
I do a bit less dmg than ED based sm but i have strong nasty DS, more support for party and my defence is not dependant on Wods and amount of available Ap.

Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads