Recent Topics

Ads

New to WL and have questions.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Beskern

New to WL and have questions.

Post#1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 pm

White Lion has always interested me and was actually my first character when WAR first launched. I eventually swapped to Witch Hunter and made it to around rr77 before I quit ( back when the game shutting down wasnt on anyones mind) My main skepticism with the class is that it seems to be OVERLY focused on the pet. Granted you can opt to focus on yourself and not the pet, but from what I hear the pet is really strong. I wanted to get a sort of "further down the road" perspective than what my first days will tell me about the class.

What is the overall playstyle with popular builds? Am I babysititng my pet more than I am focused on dealing damage? Whats the breakdown in Lion damage vs my own? Low level seems to be about 25% but thats me eyeballing it.

Please tell me or if you have available pictures show me, that this class is capable of looking cool. Aesthetics are somewhat important to me and I want to be able to look at my guy and be like "Yeah what a badass" Ive seen pics of some of the gear sets available in other posts but im worried that theyre all high end and hard to get and the majority of my time im going to look like a broke swordmaster loosely draped with a shitty pelt.

Where does WL fall in terms of role in Orvr and scens? With the dominance of rdps (at least at lower level) does the WL fulfill a useful role? I dont want to be a burden to the team if my job is better filled by a different class.

Ads
Theseus

Re: New to WL and have questions.

Post#2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:10 am

Cant say much about the looks, but I played a WL to 51 here before switching to destro. To be clear, not because of the class, but for other reasons.^^

The class itself is great. The lion does about 20% of your damage i would estimate. But you have a armordebuf, so you can do good damage on your own. With this and your pounce, you can do a group focused playstyle as well as an assasin playstyle as you are the most mobile dps in the game.

Your autoattacks can crit for about a 1000 so if you use trained to hunt and pack hunting, you get fast autoattacks which pack a good punch.

Added to that, you have a silence a pull, as you send your lion in and he kicks your target to you. You will have to train with that skill as it isnt easy to use, but if you learn it, it is a great asset.

So all in all you have a great kit. The only downside is your ap consumption. You have to kill your target with one or 1.5 rotations or you will stand there drained.

I hope that helps you a bit.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

Beskern

Post#3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

It sounds almost like theyre melee skirmishers. Get a few hits in, leap or charge out or fetch targets to you to smack around before they run off.

Theseus

Post#4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:33 am

Beskern wrote:It sounds almost like theyre melee skirmishers. Get a few hits in, leap or charge out or fetch targets to you to smack around before they run off.
Pretty much so. You might want to use fetch mostly on targets with low healt, as you can kill them quite easily.
Squishies are also your favorite food.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade