Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Foomy44

Re: DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Post#71 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm under the impression most people reduce their chance to be crit with futile strikes and crit reduction gear before throwing renown or tali slots at initiative. Willpower is a stat that a whole archtype actually has a reason to focus on, and now it's a double whammy of better healing and lower disrupts. No class has a reason to stack ini passed the point of 0% crit unless you are trying to cancel out debuffs in a situation where you won't be getting buffed by groupmates to counter them. Are there really healers out there with higher ini than willpower? I get that tanks can have decent ini but they are gonna be a pain to kill no matter what, but healers being significantly harder to kill with a magus than an engi seems like a pretty big balance issue to me, maybe I'm wrong, I haven't done a ton of testing since after day 1 of dot/disrupt changes I pretty much dropped my int softcapped magus and started a WL and am having a much easier time at just about everything even with half the RR of my magus and crap gear.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Ormix

Post#72 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
Amidala wrote:If you have any idea just write it. But remember one real BIG important point. Every changes that will be on Am will be on shammy too. So If you wanna ,example,increase the amount of dmg or chance to magical critic on Am, Shammy will have the same too.
Now image how can an Am kite without run/speed skills and how a shammy can kite.
it's not easy.
Anyway it's still possible kill squishy players,especially if Am start combo by long range , but few chance to kill a tank or an healer. this is quite ''normal'' . The idea of am was never ''kill the chosen''

Have you tried recently applying dots against a competent disrupt-stacking healer? As a Magus with 1060int, it can often take 3 GCDs to apply one dot - which often results in me having depleted half my AP.
I don't think devs actually awere of the problem, or testing something atm. Alternatevely they think its fine the way it is which would be really bad for a lot of classes. Im currently playing sorc, full int and applying dots on healers feels almost close to 50% chance. Mb less... With these kind of changes AMs are pretty much dead while sorcs and maguses are still struggle even to harass healers and tanks (I mean not being able to effect. kill tanks are fine, but struggle to apply 2 dots, sometimes for 5+ GCD is insane).
Dobroz - AM 40|71
Fridaynight - RP 40|75
Boombastik - BW 40|60
Nupognali - DoK 40|50

Aurandilaz

Post#73 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am

Zegota wrote:
Esperflame wrote:I'd say ask Xiuxiu about how he gets around the new disrupt rules. I can be running 25% disrupt and holding the line and I still go from 100% to 0% health in like 3-5 seconds without disrupting a damn thing. That guy is a machine!
Nah, man, what you're describing sounds like some lotto winning situation. At this point healers just stand in my face and tank me, without even cleansing and detaunting, cause it's impossible to get through. Even if WoP gets through once every blue moon, I might get a chance to apply more dots in that window cause of lowered wp, but usually the wop tick gets disrupted together with, considering how rotation works, most of the dmg that comes post wop tick, cause the debuff ended. Also in group play, after the kill on enemy dps I simply can't assist the group with pressuring healer. I also don't bother with SnB tanks unless they are some loldps trying to throw your attention away with the shield, or if they are way out of position.

I'm capped int with 7% disrupt strikethrough. Can't imagine how tough it must be for the other casters with less.

Not saying that it should be easy to kill snb tanks and healers, but as a caster it's almost impossible to punish a bad play of a healer at this point. And I might be mistaken, but I don't think that there are any skills that flat debuff disrupt, unlike other evasion, so disrupt should be toned down a bit at this point.
True words.
I'm also running a softcap Intelligence stacking Sorc, 1051? and +7 disrupt strikethrough from best items available. Yesterday I witnessed a true miracle; enemy Oil disrupted me... :D Must have been a HTL buff on it or some other weird stuff, because pretty sure I have no other recollection of an inanimate object that doesn't stack Disrupt actually preventing my damage from landing on it. :)

dansari

Post#74 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:09 am

Real talk. Had my first triple crown last night.. 3 disrupts in a row on a healer. Will keep playing and see if I can break into 4 in a row.
<Salt Factory>

Annaise16

Post#75 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:38 am

Disrupt is really only boosted a lot for healers and a little for toons that haven't stacked any additional disrupt. Toons that have low willpower but who are stacking disrupt will actually have less disrupt in most cases under the new system.

The table below shows a comparison between the old and new systems. This is for level 40 toons. The attacker is assumed to have 1000 intelligence. Lower int values don't increase disrupt by much, maybe 1 or 2%.

An example of what the table shows, a toon with 100 willpower and +20% disrupt used to have a 20.75% chance to disruspt an attatck, now they have a 17.24% chance.

A toon that has 800 willpower and +10% disrupt used to have a 16% chance to disrupt an attack, now they have a 29.31% chance.

live4treasure

Post#76 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:46 am

Except the new system works in a different way, and it shows, since before you would see high or even just mid RR targets that stack disrupt, which is pretty much most melee dps, and with intellect cap +10% strikethrough tactic, you would get disrupt at most twice over all the spells you cast at them and never in a row. Now you'll see the same target just disrupt you constantly, over and over and over, without even having any willpower since they're clearly not a healer.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Annaise16

Post#77 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:54 am

live4treasure wrote:Except the new system works in a different way, and it shows, since before you would see high or even just mid RR targets that stack disrupt, which is pretty much most melee dps, and with intellect cap +10% strikethrough tactic, you would get disrupt at most twice over all the spells you cast at them and never in a row. Now you'll see the same target just disrupt you constantly, over and over and over, without even having any willpower since they're clearly not a healer.

You might have missed the part where I wrote that it's a comparison of the old and new systems. In this case, 'new' means 'new'.

Ormix

Post#78 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 am

live4treasure wrote:Except the new system works in a different way, and it shows, since before you would see high or even just mid RR targets that stack disrupt, which is pretty much most melee dps, and with intellect cap +10% strikethrough tactic, you would get disrupt at most twice over all the spells you cast at them and never in a row. Now you'll see the same target just disrupt you constantly, over and over and over, without even having any willpower since they're clearly not a healer.
I can confirm that. Have exactly the same experience.
Dobroz - AM 40|71
Fridaynight - RP 40|75
Boombastik - BW 40|60
Nupognali - DoK 40|50

Ads
live4treasure

Post#79 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm

Annaise16 wrote: You might have missed the part where I wrote that it's a comparison of the old and new systems. In this case, 'new' means 'new'.
No, I know that, it's just that you said that the new system makes certain targets have less disrupt chance. I simply wished to point out, that according to my experience, that does not seem to be the case.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

szejoza

Post#80 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Beat me for my ignorance but all I see are whines that you can't nuke everyone in 3GCDs now
Spoiler: