Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ugle

Re: DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Post#61 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Hybrid specs only worked when solo - duoroaming. No changes there
inactive

Ads
Bozzax

Post#62 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Dps sm one of the best hybrids in game ;)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

live4treasure

Post#63 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:42 pm

"Adapt" how? The only way to get more strikethrough is getting genesis pieces or Dominator gloves and helmet. But having like 5% more strikethrough won't make a difference. I'm intellect capped +10% strike through from talents. With the new formulas, that puts me at around 45% strikethrough.

As for AM being a solo spec, we're in a completely new server where there's effort being made to make a variety of different classes viable and effective. I don't see why hybrids shouldn't be made that way as well.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ormix

Post#64 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:41 am

live4treasure wrote:"Adapt" how? The only way to get more strikethrough is getting genesis pieces or Dominator gloves and helmet. But having like 5% more strikethrough won't make a difference. I'm intellect capped +10% strike through from talents. With the new formulas, that puts me at around 45% strikethrough.

As for AM being a solo spec, we're in a completely new server where there's effort being made to make a variety of different classes viable and effective. I don't see why hybrids shouldn't be made that way as well.
I'm pretty sure devs want dps AMs to not be a competetive spec.
Dobroz - AM 40|71
Fridaynight - RP 40|75
Boombastik - BW 40|60
Nupognali - DoK 40|50

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#65 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:31 pm

If you have any idea just write it. But remember one real BIG important point. Every changes that will be on Am will be on shammy too. So If you wanna ,example,increase the amount of dmg or chance to magical critic on Am, Shammy will have the same too.
Now image how can an Am kite without run/speed skills and how a shammy can kite.
it's not easy.
Anyway it's still possible kill squishy players,especially if Am start combo by long range , but few chance to kill a tank or an healer. this is quite ''normal'' . The idea of am was never ''kill the chosen''

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

live4treasure

Post#66 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Perhaps increase the potency of the +10% strikethrough tactic to 20% or something, if you're looking for ideas. Can't say I have any experience in game developement, so I can point out the problem, but suggesting a solution is quite a bit harder.

To be fair, AMs couldn't kill chosen even before this change, and couldn't really kill healers either, or even if they could, the healers would have to be badly geared and it would still take tons of time relying mostly on ap drain. So if that was the point, then the class fulfilled its role well and still remained competitive, which seems like a great place to be in.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Shing

Post#67 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Amidala wrote:If you have any idea just write it. But remember one real BIG important point. Every changes that will be on Am will be on shammy too. So If you wanna ,example,increase the amount of dmg or chance to magical critic on Am, Shammy will have the same too.
Now image how can an Am kite without run/speed skills and how a shammy can kite.
it's not easy.
Anyway it's still possible kill squishy players,especially if Am start combo by long range , but few chance to kill a tank or an healer. this is quite ''normal'' . The idea of am was never ''kill the chosen''
Are class balances always a reciprocal thing for the mirror? I would think we would have to take into account the inherent differences in the classes. Especially in this case where I imagine the well-known untouchable gobbos make balancing difficult.

peterthepan3

Post#68 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Amidala wrote:If you have any idea just write it. But remember one real BIG important point. Every changes that will be on Am will be on shammy too. So If you wanna ,example,increase the amount of dmg or chance to magical critic on Am, Shammy will have the same too.
it's not easy.

Have you tried recently applying dots against a competent disrupt-stacking healer? As a Magus with 1060int, it can often take 3 GCDs to apply one dot - which often results in me having depleted half my AP.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#69 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:56 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Have you tried recently applying dots against a competent disrupt-stacking healer? As a Magus with 1060int, it can often take 3 GCDs to apply one dot - which often results in me having depleted half my AP.
Same experience here. Dot nerf + disrupt buff is just way too big of a hit to a class that didn't deserve it. Also IMO doesn't seem balanced that destro has 1 less dps class than order capable of attacking healers now (engi's don't have to deal with the defensive stat changes like magus does, NO ONE stacks initiative to the same levels as wisdom and high armor is not the same thing at all as more than half your attacks not landing). Really hoping something changes.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Dabbart

Post#70 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:41 pm

^^^ If you're smart you stack initiative on some classes. Chance to be crit is a big deal. And considering how few people stack WP, that statement is erroneous. Other than that BG buff.

Goofing around on my Shammie. I don't focus on DoTs as much as others I guess. My ST/AoE gets disrupted about the same. Still DB stealing efficiently. But I run solo, zerg surfing and assisting off the top DB in the zone.... Mork Sayz Stop still works just fine:P

I did notice when heal specced though, that I might as well just remove AP drain from my hotbar, and spec/play accordingly. At 400ish int, it's just a waste of 50ap and a GcD.

I REALLY noticed the difference farming mobs on my lowbie AM. Mobs disrupting at decently high lvls slows that process down by quite a bit. Haven't tried him at ORvR in DPS yet though...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.