Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Manatikik

Re: DPS AMs post dot nerf/disrupt buff

Post#31 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
Manatikik wrote:
Ormix wrote:God, it's a shame nodoby gives a damn about dps ams :(
I fully believe TOO MANY care about DPS healers. If you choose to play a healer character and try to DPS you lost all validity in any argument you ever make about anything related to that class imo.
That's funny because the AM has two trees that revolve around damage!
And my SW has a melee tree; doesn't mean i'm asking for aoe detaunt, charge, and snare breakers on my RDPS or complaining how a WL can out burst me. I won't tell anyone how to play their own class but if you purosefully choose to play it in the wrong/suboptimal way then you can't bitch about how your not as good as X or how X unrelated change hurt you even more.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Ugle

Post#32 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am

Manatikik wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Manatikik wrote:
I fully believe TOO MANY care about DPS healers. If you choose to play a healer character and try to DPS you lost all validity in any argument you ever make about anything related to that class imo.
And my SW has a melee tree; doesn't mean i'm asking for aoe detaunt, charge, and snare breakers on my RDPS or complaining how a WL can out burst me. I won't tell anyone how to play their own class but if you purosefully choose to play it in the wrong/suboptimal way then you can't bitch about how your not as good as X or how X unrelated change hurt you even more.
Well maybe you should ask for it, and maybe we would be playing a richer game. Sad to see people being narrowminded.

Edit: also ASW is top burst specc for SW now btw.
inactive

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 am

Manatikik wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Manatikik wrote:
He was talking about how DOT classes (in OP case, the DPS AM) have been pretty screwed over with these new changes (which they somewhat have) - far from 'bitching'.

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#34 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 am

Ok man but am/shammy are DONE to be hybrid classes.We are not full healers/no full dps. Our passive works for this,our skills too. And dps Am/shammy are terrible funny
The best skills to show this was EoV/da green but after nerf..meh.Meh

Then that order sides need more tanks and healers,yes I am agree
Also idea of more melee SW is not bad....but we know that destro is a melee train :lol:

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#35 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 am

I... Don't spend a single point on dodge/disrupt.

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 am

Amidala wrote:Ok man but am/shammy are DONE to be hybrid classes.We are not full healers/no full dps. Our passive works for this,our skills too. And dps Am/shammy are terrible funny
The best skills to show this was EoV/da green but after nerf..meh.Meh

Then that order sides need more tanks and healers,yes I am agree
Also idea of more melee SW is not bad....but we know that destro is a melee train :lol:
Hybrid class doesn't really work in any environment outside of 1v1/solo: you want to both DPS and heal to an adequate amount that would warrant taking you in a group? Then you're probably playing a class that is overperforming (if the Lifetap .ab ex AM was doing damage as well as the healing it was putting out, it'd be even more OP than it was).

I like the idea of the lifetap tree being able to do both, but as has been proven with the WP/DOK changes, it is hard to get to a state where the class isn't overperforming (.ab ex melee healer, for all its good points, was overperforming).

Asuryan = Pure DPS tree
Isha = Pure heal tree

you can play as full heal or full dps. I empathise where you're coming from, and would love to see the lifetap spec brought back again (few of our AMs have left because they enjoyed playing lifetap, only to see it back to meh status). It just needed a few adjustments.

Acidic

Post#37 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:19 am

Well for my 2 cents in this I think is is a good change as the dots were less defendable than physical protected attacks. Ever wondered why armor talisments are so popular.
Tanks with block healers with armor ...
This brought dotting into a state that is defendable.
Have zero sympathy for a class that was playing dot, detaunt , heal. This was wrong , at least the mechanic fix gives better defense all round including parry .
Only class I feel for is soc as the gap between soc and BW is broadened due to flash fire.

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:31 am

Acidic wrote: Have zero sympathy for a class that was playing dot, detaunt , heal. This was wrong , at least the mechanic fix gives better defense all round including parry .

So. in your view, the changes to DoT classes were done as a direct result of DPS AMs dominating solo/1v1 encounters by using the above 'tactics'?
Since when does a solo PoV have any bearing on class balance, and how does a blanket nerf to the other DoT classes (namely, the magus/engi) seem justified, just because DPS AM dominates solo :D (as it always has done, and as everyone has accepted).

Ads
Acidic

Post#39 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:38 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
Acidic wrote: Have zero sympathy for a class that was playing dot, detaunt , heal. This was wrong , at least the mechanic fix gives better defense all round including parry .

So. in your view, the changes to DoT classes were done as a direct result of DPS AMs dominating solo/1v1 encounters by using the above 'tactics'?
Since when does a solo PoV have any bearing on class balance, and how does a blanket nerf to the other DoT classes (namely, the magus/engi) seem justified, just because DPS AM dominates solo :D (as it always has done, and as everyone has accepted).
No, did I mention 1v1
I mentioned a play style of the dot class this thread was initiated with.
Also noted that the effect is not only against dot, its generic to all damage sources so both magic and physical
Dot has a fix (match to live) that ticks were defendable( i remember it that way at least) , that was usually apparent when dotted e.g. would appear on second or third tick,
Last edited by Acidic on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 am

Acidic wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:

No, did I mention 1v1
I mentioned a play style of the dot class this thread was initiated with.
And in what environment, other than solo/1v1, was this tactic ever considered overperforming? I can't recall ever hearing people complain about DPS AMs/DoT classes detaunting after applying DoTs, outside of solo roaming, because it's a complete nonissue.