Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Bugtracker got closed because it is basic class mechanics

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Maecrow7

[AM] Bugtracker got closed because it is basic class mechanics

Post#1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:42 pm

I think it's a bug.
wargrimnir <[email protected]>
1:22 PM (1 hour ago)

to WarEmu/WarBugs, me, Author
Please don't use the bugtracker to verify basic class mechanics.

The bug in question is the fact that "instant" cast ability from the archmage can be interrupted.
Here is my video describing the problem. Is this basic class mechanics or is something wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWGVfFI ... e=youtu.be

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [AM] Bugtracker got closed because it is basic class mechanics

Post#2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Maecrow commented 13 hours ago
After watching the video it seems that I must wait for the GCD?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWGVfFI ... e=youtu.be
Didn't watch the video because of the way you worded your question. You seem to be intentionally moving, the spell is not flagged to cast while moving, so you need to remain stationary during the GCD period.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

shaggyboomboom

Post#3 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Basic class mechanic

repel
Game Artist

Post#4 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:13 pm

https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectDeafFly4Head using of Radiant Lance with 5 mechanic points

ofc its a bug

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedGoodWaffleSoBayed using of Radiant Lance with 4 mechanic points

same issue with shaman

https://clips.twitch.tv/ClearRenownedWaterBCouch
Apache SH

Sulorie

Post#5 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:35 pm

The only bug is that you have to wait a gcd after pressing the skill button or the skill doesn't fire.
Even in live it wasn't truely castable on the move, you had to stop for a split second.
Dying is no option.

repel
Game Artist

Post#6 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 pm

it means that skill is not instant (1.5 sec gcd) and mechanic doesnt work. You should stay 1.5s not moving. This bug lowers potential of class.

btw BW with tactic Flashfire can cast Fireball even in move (after disrupt).
Apache SH

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:25 pm

repel wrote:it means that skill is not instant (1.5 sec gcd) and mechanic doesnt work. You should stay 1.5s not moving. This bug lowers potential of class.

btw BW with tactic Flashfire can cast Fireball even in move (after disrupt).
Yes, this is not working like on live, only that you have to stop to cast is correct.
Dying is no option.

kyrontor

Post#8 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:52 pm

I believe it's common knowledge that GCD is meant to limit burst damage by limiting the number of instant cast spells you can fire in a given time window. It was never meant to limit your ability to move.

I believe also that it's common knowledge that instant cast abilities should be able to be cast on the move. (by the way, non instant cast abilities that are meant to be cast on the move, like Healing Energy are interrupted while moving on the Z axis, i.e. flying/falling, but that's another issue)

If for instant cast abilities you were meant to stop moving for a GCD, then why this ain't true for all instant cast abilities which don't need 5 points into the AM/Shaman mechanic to become instant? For example, Radiant Gaze, doesn't gets interrupted while moving.

So we have instant abilities and "instant" abilities.

In my book, this is a bug. And it doesn't make it any less of a bug if we call it "Basic class mechanic" or if it has been around from Live. Otherwise we should be flagging as bugs all other instant abilities that can be cast on the move, without explicitly saying so.

ps: And i am 100% sure that technical wise, it's not the GCD that is causing this interruption, cause you only need to stop moving for like 0.1 second if you are talented enough, or like 0.5 if you are not, in order to fire any of those 5points AM/Shaman instants without getting interrupted, and not a whole 1.5sec which is what the GCD is equal to.
What is going wrong here is that the original spell is marked non instant, and the AM/Shaman mechanic implementation instead of doing it really instant like the other spells, it just reduces its casting time to 0. But on the client it's hardcoded that if a spell is non instant (ignoring the mechanic) and you cast it while moving, it sends a "interruption" message to the server. And the server blindly follows this interruption message, ignoring on his side as well, that your mechanic is at 5 points.

Ads
SilverWF
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:45 am

Meh, that crap always were even on live, so nothing crazy here.
Even if skill becomes "instant" because of maxed value of class resource - it's still can't be cast on the move.
The same with Shamans btw.

Still can be done proposal about this tho...
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Sulorie

Post#10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:21 am

You had to stop to cast on live but not wait 1 gcd before you can move again.
Dying is no option.