Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Guardian spec ?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
shaggyboomboom

Re: [WL] Guardian spec ?

Post#31 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Haojin wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:Some things I don't document to gauge actual play and effect over people instinctively going knee jerk and trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy and i can amend on the fly. Then I forget to add notes later....
nice thinking mate. i agree that some legends in the server still going on. ninja nerf/buff 's are the best way to see if that whiney nerd kids actually aware of the balance. i'd defiently do the same if i got the power.
xp

Ads
zgolec

Post#32 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:05 am

First of all big thx Catnap for great insightful posts. That clarified a lot to me.

Second thing.
Did you or anyone else tired run with fleshrender stuff on? Be it str + health regen or toughness and health regen?

So far i am very unlucky with genesis gear (just coat) and there is no defensive options for WL from imperial warrant/empowered warrant so i am trying my chances here to get proper jewelry.

Of not fleshrender, what else easy / moderate to obtain jewelry would you suggest? Some tome unlock ones, or something?

Thank you in advance ^^
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Samejima

Post#33 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 pm

zgolec wrote: Of not fleshrender, what else easy / moderate to obtain jewelry would you suggest? Some tome unlock ones, or something?
I mix/match jewelry as the situation calls for it. I've been experimenting with 3 Str/HP fleshrenders and they seem alright--the HP regen isn't very noticeable on it's own tbh especially since Guardian HP tank is so large, but I'm sure it adds up--the reduced armor pen is the more valuable stat I suspect, and I swap to these mostly if I'm against a lot of physical damage. At some point I will probably try out the +morale versions of these to see if it's worth having the m1 root up more quickly.

As for tome unlocks, get The Winds Impervious set--poor stats but small armor set bonus and very high resists. Even if you have a resist buff in group, the extra can definitely help in oRVR with spells/aoe flying everywhere.

zgolec

Post#34 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:17 am

So... WL kd is now 2sec... While other mdps 3 sec? Mara and WE are as deadly as WL while you lie down ya know... Should shorten their times too...?

Waiting now to delete pet... Cause its "op".
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

alusnova

Post#35 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:07 pm

zgolec wrote:So... WL kd is now 2sec... While other mdps 3 sec? Mara and WE are as deadly as WL while you lie down ya know... Should shorten their times too...?

Waiting now to delete pet... Cause its "op".

Yup the class keeps getting nerfed to oblivion , recently they removed the pet aoe immunity now the pet insta dies in mass RVR ,I tried several times to play in warbands and spent more time recasting the pet than fighting, and I'm not talking about sending the pet to fight as i dont send the pet anymore since their dmg also got nerfed based on distance. This is forcing me to solo so I can stay away from the warband constant aoe dmg since we need the pet alive for many tactics benefits .

I'm not sure this was Torque' s intent but expect more WL to solo with this changes.

Foomy44

Post#36 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:39 pm

alusnova wrote: Yup the class keeps getting nerfed to oblivion
Yup, nerfed into oblivion and yet still the best solo/small scale class in the game by a wide margin. I find it baffling anyone could complain about the state of WLs right now. O no, your KD got lowered by 1 second yet you still kill anyone not built like a tank during it, what a shame.

Yeah you aren't great in a WB, do you need to be the best class at everything before you will consider it balanced?

I have a WL and I play against them constantly. From both perspectives, WL is still stupidly OP in any small scale. You literally can not kill a good one roaming, any fight they aren't guaranteed to win they are guaranteed to be able to run away from unless a full WB gets the drop on em. IMO they should really be toned down in small scale and buffed in WB environments.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

rmpl

Post#37 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Foomy44 wrote:
Yup, nerfed into oblivion and yet still the best solo/small scale class in the game by a wide margin. I find it baffling anyone could complain about the state of WLs right now. O no, your KD got lowered by 1 second yet you still kill anyone not built like a tank during it, what a shame.

Yeah you aren't great in a WB, do you need to be the best class at everything before you will consider it balanced?

I have a WL and I play against them constantly. From both perspectives, WL is still stupidly OP in any small scale. You literally can not kill a good one roaming, any fight they aren't guaranteed to win they are guaranteed to be able to run away from unless a full WB gets the drop on em. IMO they should really be toned down in small scale and buffed in WB environments.
Don't you know that everything but ORVR is a minigame? WLs are fine.

Spierron

Post#38 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 pm

alusnova wrote: I'm not sure this was Torque' s intent but expect more WL to solo with this changes.
more WL solo ? :lol: :lol: :lol: always as much as before.

Many WL spec guardian play with def gear, this is not a tank. Play with off gear and after u can find a spot in group/warband..

Why group a player who hits as hard as a tank def ?

Ads
alusnova

Post#39 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 pm

rmpl wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:

Don't you know that everything but ORVR is a minigame? WLs are fine.
My point exactly RVR is the main part if this game, yet you say WL are fine when my statement was about WL role in mass RVR, the pet insta dying to aoe is forcing us avoid wb, no one is sending pets to insta kill (is a myth) anyone anymore as the pet dmg got nerfed based on the distance , now I keep my pet with me, notice that I didn't ask for WL to get a buff.

Scenarios , small scale and 1v1 are mini games according to the devs but when I play in a warband my pet is always dead thus negating many of the benefits the class gets from the tactics when the pet is alive . If the intent was to make the WL a solo class then yeah the class is strong , did i ask to be the best in WB? No but I should be able to play in mass RVR wb without the pet almost insta dying.

Joshwa70

Post#40 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 pm

So wait...the pet takes damage like it did on live and you just can't function in a wb and are forced to solo gank 2 and 3 people at a time solo?
My god. You should just reroll. That sounds unbearable.