Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Assault Discussion

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Acidic

Re: [SW] Assault Discussion

Post#11 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:43 am

Skalier wrote:DPS in Assault is incomparably worse than the one that makes normal mdps and these abilities should be improved.

Brutal Assault even with tactic Sinister Assault is useless with 5sec CD, another stupid skill Sweeping Slash with 10 sec CD. Merciless Soldier tactic is useless too, should give any another bonus.

But these are not the only changes needed. The biggest change should be the exchange of skills:

-Festering Arrow as 13th point ability in scout stance.
(with reduced CD and cast time)
-Flame Arrow as 9th point ability in scout stance.
(but aslo could be 13th point if enought buffed)
-Lileath's Arrow as 13th point ability in skirmish stance.
-Fell The Weak as 5th point ability in scout stance.
-Glass Arrow as core ability.
-Vengeananceof Nagarythe as 40th lvl ability.

At least I see it that way.
SW discution s never fail to amuse me. Summary is don’t have a clue what the thread is but give me more stuff. Maybe I am just jaded by the number of give me more threads on SW while they are in a reasonable to good state.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:11 pm

For 1v1 against any melee class except snb dps it's reeeally good, even in full glasscannon build. More or less the only thing I occasionally have lost to are WE's getting off perfect jumps. The insane amount of parry makes it almost impossible to loose unless you get bursted to death in a single kd. Properly solospecced magus and squig are tricky in glasscannon though, especially if it's a duo. Good thing there's so damn few of them.

For 6-man I've found it to be really good aswell, but it's a pain in the ass tryin to assist a wl. No snarebreaker and lack of charge leaves me hanging playing gimped skirmish in a lot of fights because I simply can't reach the target before it drops. On the other hand being able to do decent damage even when unable to catch up is pretty nice.

It's comletely viable for soloqueue aswell, if positioning and disengages are on point a guard isn't even needed. Both melee burst and ranged damage performs very well in a pug environment.

All in all I see no reason not to spec assault, full skirmish feels gimped as hell after playing assault, even if rkd is reeally nice to have. Rkd is the only thing you miss, especially when 2nd dps is melee.

As for spec, dropping wrist slash for no respite is what feels best to me. 5 conq gives ini debuff anyways, bit less reliable in melee but can be applied from range as a bandaid.
Rip Phalanx

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Still think, that converting Assault tree to "hey, I am just like Slayer here!" with the ability to deal strong range damage in the other trees is not a perfect and clever idea.
Do not dream about that and do not expect that at all.
Assault stance was buffed enough, compared to live version. And if you still wanna play mDD - roll one then.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Skalier
Banned

Post#14 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

If I see any problems with Assault tree abilities, it's Btutal Assault.

Target must be facing away from you, 5 sec CD, requires tactic Sinister Assault to ignore 100% target armour.
It's too many, what make this ability a bit useless because there is many better tactics.

I think remove this first requires, target must be facing away.

daniilpb

Post#15 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:53 am

I’ve given up playing it in group.
Too many requirements to make it works: not more than 6v6 environment (forget about large scale RVR), WL for armor debuff, RP for AP, Kotbs for extra crit, dps SM to compensate lack of damage and overall utility. Also it is quite expensive spec, gibe me all of your gold please.
Anyway as it was mentioned before Assault stance is in a better place than before the changes.
Does it work in general? Yes.
Does it work against good and BIS players? Barely.
The best place for this spec? Solo roam (try to find it in Zergland lol)
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

lefze
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Skalier wrote:If I see any problems with Assault tree abilities, it's Btutal Assault.

Target must be facing away from you, 5 sec CD, requires tactic Sinister Assault to ignore 100% target armour.
It's too many, what make this ability a bit useless because there is many better tactics.

I think remove this first requires, target must be facing away.
Vengeance of nagarythe removes the positional requirement, I see no issue. If someone manages to remove it, good on them.
Rip Phalanx

Skalier
Banned

Post#17 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 pm

This not cheange almost nothing.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Friendly reminder. Posts moving in this current direction tend to get locked. If you want to make a balance proposal, do that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Skalier wrote:This not cheange almost nothing.
It changes everything, pretty much the whole gameplay of assault revolves around that one little thing. As for dropping sinister assault, it's fine in many cases, but the fact that you can crit almost 2,2k with von+ba two (pretty sure you can do it three times in a perfect case) makes the statement about there being a lot of better options wrong. Also why you are having an issue with arguably the best tactic/skill the class has is beyond me.
Rip Phalanx