Recent Topics

Ads

fighting WEs

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Spierron

Re: fighting WEs

Post#11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:42 pm

after 30s WE use Agile Escape (stagger 6s) >>stealth and open or run ^^

Ads
MayoDaen78

Post#12 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:53 am

Martok wrote:Another important consideration is attempt to never fight a Witch Elf on their terms.

All Witch Elf players want every fight to progress in the same manner, the stealth pop followed by the knock-down followed by the burst damage followed by the disarm. Well screw that. In fighting a WE your goal is to deny them the fight they want, which means breaking or preventing their stealth and getting in the first hit.

To fully explore that issue would take more time than I have at the moment, but one predominant action you, and everyone else, can employ is while playing think like a Witch Elf. When going into an area ask yourself, if I were a Witch Elf and were trying to hide and pop on someone, where would I be? Nine times out of ten that is exactly where they are.
Thanks Martok, the thing is I haven't played WEs, i might try one or WH in that case. But I do see your point. When I see WEs goes on stealth mode, I usually spam WoH, hoping it will break their stealth if they ever come close, though it doesn't always work especially with the good ones. great input :)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

MayoDaen78

Post#13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 am

Spierron wrote:
Martok wrote:Another important consideration is attempt to never fight a Witch Elf on their terms.

All Witch Elf players want every fight to progress in the same manner, the stealth pop followed by the knock-down followed by the burst damage followed by the disarm. Well screw that. In fighting a WE your goal is to deny them the fight they want, which means breaking or preventing their stealth and getting in the first hit.

To fully explore that issue would take more time than I have at the moment, but one predominant action you, and everyone else, can employ is while playing think like a Witch Elf. When going into an area ask yourself, if I were a Witch Elf and were trying to hide and pop on someone, where would I be? Nine times out of ten that is exactly where they are.
Knock-Down and after disarm :?: why not

@MayoDaen78 Keep snare all time on WE for never show your ass , use punt after she use Flee-Flooted (immune snare 10s) and stay away until the end , use Wall of Darting Steel for counter Feinted Positioning (10s) or Elixir of Insane Power (+50% ignore armor, 7s ), run with 0% chance of being critically hit, use pots heals-ap and is good ;)

I see, I probably need to study more about WEs and their skills, I am bit new to RoR, but yeah I always apply QI to snare them, sometimes it worked and I managed to drop their hp to less than half , but they usually get the killing blow, these female assasins do some hurtful damage :D
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

MayoDaen78

Post#14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 am

GodlessCrom wrote:Was gonna say, if they KD you they cant disarm you for 30 seconds after you. if this WE takes 30 secs to kill you you are okay amd will win
Thanks for the tip , good to know :)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Eathisword

Post#15 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 am

Hey mate, surprised no one talked about it but you need to watch for Feinted positionning buff that WE pop. For 9s they ignore armor and it is crucial to their kill rotation. So when it is up is when you want to pop your CC : knock down followed by a punt. It can really save you a 5-7 seconds of that 9s. If you live through that 9s, you can win.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

MayoDaen78

Post#16 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 am

Eathisword wrote:Hey mate, surprised no one talked about it but you need to watch for Feinted positionning buff that WE pop. For 9s they ignore armor and it is crucial to their kill rotation. So when it is up is when you want to pop your CC : knock down followed by a punt. It can really save you a 5-7 seconds of that 9s. If you live through that 9s, you can win.
thanks for the advice Eathisword, I know, it's insane how WEs can deal so much damage, knowing their skill can pretty much ignore armor with FP, I will keep that in mind, cheers :).
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Erolgamer

Post#17 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 am

Dot / Snare & kite, taunt if they try to camo. I think time is in your favor. I usually root and apply detaunt/wounds debuff/Bane shield while they can't hit me. it's 5sc of total defense & passive damage afterward. I play chosen but it gives you an idea.

otherwise keep them in front of you, they don't deal so much damages then