Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Viable spec for low RR

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kotsoc

[SW] Viable spec for low RR

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi guys, was trying to find some relevant info about what builds are viable right now( started playing recently). Seems like assault is the way to go now? What about skirmish ? is it that much weaker? what styles of play are each suitable for?

Finally which renown abilities should i get first lvling up ?

Any builds/tips greatly appreaciated!

Ads
Foomy44

Re: [SW] Viable spec for low RR

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm

for low RR/bad gear the best thing you can do for your group is spam heal debuffs on everything and run group boosting tactics like pierce defenses and leading shots IMO.

Deft Defender is good on everyone, if you PvE a lot while leveling parry helps defend against melee mobs thou it's probably most useful if u go assault.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

dansari

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Assault is great but having the gear to pull it off is kinda necessary. What level/rr are you? That will tailor responses, I think.
<Salt Factory>

kotsoc

Post#4 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 pm

what about a skirmish build? is it not viable?

I though i mentioned i am currently leveling up, and keeping RR to my lvl so assume bad gear and low RR :p

Foomy44

Post#5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Skirmish is very viable, I think most people consider it the main SW spec, scout is the weak one
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

kotsoc

Post#6 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 pm

That's great news i would rather play a ranged build! Does anybody have a link to a low RR Skirmish build and some suggestions of RR abilities for lvl up early PvP ?

dansari

Post#7 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 pm

For t1, I would probably just slot points into Skirmish. It will be your most frequented stance.

For mid tier, you can really go one of three ways.

*You can either dump points in Skirmish, picking up heal debuff as soon as you can (level 25). This will be your safest, most mobile option;
  • Run Masterful Aim + Replenishing Strikes
  • Rotation: Broadhead Arrow + Shadow Sting + Spiral Fletched Arrow. Takedown as necessary, swap to Scout for Acid Arrow as necessary, and Flanking Shot for finishers
*You can venture into Assault, where I would pick up Sinister Assault (level 17 req) and probably Swift Strikes (lvl 22). This will be a difficult route in rvr because of your lack of parry avoidance;
  • Run Sinister Assault + Wrist Slash
  • Initiate fights with dots then in melee range do a combination of VoN + Brutal Assault, Grim Slash for filler, Swift Strikes to gtfo of danger and Opportunistic Strike as necessary
*You can venture into Scout and pick up Glass Arrow (lvl 21), Enchanted Arrows (lvl 24), and Festering Arrow (lvl 27). This is agreed upon as the most underperforming tree for SW atm, but it is solid for keep defenses if you can pinpoint squishy targets;
  • Run Masterful Aim and Enchanted Arrows
  • Festering Arrow + Glass Arrow + Rapid Fire for a basic rotation. Throw in Acid Arrow and Flame Arrow when you can
My 2c
Last edited by dansari on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Salt Factory>

kotsoc

Post#8 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot, thats the kind of advice i was looking for ;)

Ads