Recent Topics

Ads

[Kotbs Vs SM]New Player

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Haskr

Re: [Kotbs Vs SM]New Player

Post#11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:26 pm

The developers said some time ago that the aura system is definitly going to change (Chosen/Knight) because it is too easy to maintain all 3 (in fact: you just have to activate them one time). So I would take that into consideration if I had to chose what class to pick.
No one knows how good the Knight or Chosen will be after those changes.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#12 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Haskr wrote:The developers said some time ago that the aura system is definitly going to change (Chosen/Knight) because it is too easy to maintain all 3 (in fact: you just have to activate them one time). So I would take that into consideration if I had to chose what class to pick.
No one knows how good the Knight or Chosen will be after those changes.
Only way I can see it work practicly is by making Auras proc, much like Blade Enchants or War Bellows. Defensive path ones proc of defence, Dps ones proc of crits etz. If you make auras into activated abilities it's gonna mess to much with ability rotations aswell as keeping track of situational skills and end up feeling like playing wack a mole which isn't enjoyeble for moast people.
Option two is keep current mechanic as is and drasticly lowers the base passive effects and let the effect slowly increase it over time as you're in combat up to full current vallue.

xanderous

Post#13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:06 pm

Despite all the nerfs, knight is still the most desired tank in a group/warband, they can provide extra healing, increased crit chance for groups, staggers, knockdowns and a big knockback, not forgeting their auras are typically the most sought after because they are needed to combat the enemy chosens auras which you will always come up against.

Not played much swordmaster but whispering winds and natures blade seem to be popular for 6 man.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Thelen

Post#14 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:53 pm

I'll hijack this thread for my questions, but I've been levelling a SM the last week (currently r19/rr29). What are the good class combinations with a sword master? What classes are best for duoing scens with? Which classes benefit most from WW?

I've been levelling as a DPS offtank and I'm loving it so far.

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:43 pm

Thelen wrote:I'll hijack this thread for my questions, but I've been levelling a SM the last week (currently r19/rr29). What are the good class combinations with a sword master? What classes are best for duoing scens with? Which classes benefit most from WW?

I've been levelling as a DPS offtank and I'm loving it so far.
WW is good for every class. Everyone got cooldowns.
Any dps class is a good pair up with SM due to Nature's Blade and Blurring Shock.The dps that gets the moast out of SM stuff is gonna be those with high AA speed and does some spirit damage due to spirit dmg debuff. WL + pet attacks generate a **** loads of hits and can spec for some decent spirit damage. Aswell dpsWP and WH matches here. But Slayer also really good due to mutliple tools that can proc BS at a high rate such as AA haste tactic, Inevtebvle Doom counting as DD for BS procs together with whatever attack you use.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#16 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:01 am

Most people seem to lean towards KotBS...Are SMs just rare or not sought afteR?

dansari

Post#17 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Hazmy wrote:Most people seem to lean towards KotBS...Are SMs just rare or not sought afteR?
SM is simply an off tank. There isn't huge utility you can bring to a group that either of the other two classes can't bring. I think they fit more in a premade setup to be honest, where you can really take advantage of things like WW.. they can bring great secondary damage pressure and the stat steal.. I'm just personally not a big fan and I feel like a lot of people feel that way too.
<Salt Factory>