Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Spec Builds - 2017 Updates

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Delenot

Re: [WL] Spec Builds - 2017 Updates

Post#11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 pm

After a short amount of testing it appears to be a straight cut to ALL out going pet damage. Regardless of how the damage is done ( Base attack, Abilities, ect.)

Ads
Warfare80

Post#12 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:12 am

Great thread! Lots of new changes with the class and i just started the class (i have a babylion 29/29 atm)
Im going for pug sc and some small scale roaming. I have invested everything into Path of the hunter because the burst seems to be very strong in that tree. Any other updated speccs or the old ones in the older threads is still up to date?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

alusnova

Post#13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Warfare80 wrote:Great thread! Lots of new changes with the class and i just started the class (i have a babylion 29/29 atm)
I'm going for pug sc and some small scale roaming. I have invested everything into Path of the hunter because the burst seems to be very strong in that tree. Any other updated specs or the old ones in the older threads is still up to date?

The 2 builds I posted here are almost identical with Torque's builds so it seems these are the 2 most viable builds for our class , the other thread is totally outdated based on the changes to the class that's why I want to create discussion thread based on the updates to our class. Catnap for example runs a straight Guardian build with pretty much all guardian tactics and full defensive RR (parry, crit reduction, etc)

The on thing I'm struggling myself is with my RR purchases. can't decide if I should go all crit (currently 14% and not seeing too many crits) or spread around parry, crit reduction,deft defender etc...

MindlessCalm

Post#14 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:23 am

Is WL still good at pvp ?

Wretch

Post#15 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am

First post on the forums , have god a handful of characters to t4 but am one of those that can never find a class to stick with ! Anyway currently back on my white lion and this thread has been very useful . Currently only 25/29 on the white lion , but from what I can see guardian spec makes you very tanky with dmg coming from pet . With this in mind renown points are a dilemma as posted above by others . Is it better to go full on tank mode or try and balance my build out more with increased Crit chance to bolster my personal dmg numbers ? I’m swaying towards going parry / dodge and Crit reduction personally but would like some advice from any established guys if this is necessary .
I plan to solo roam on this guy , whilst my slayer will be more for wb play . Cheers !
Ragebull - Ironbreaker 40/5-
Mohican - Slayer 40/4-
Kritikil - White Lion 40/4-

alusnova

Post#16 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Wretch wrote:First post on the forums , have god a handful of characters to t4 but am one of those that can never find a class to stick with ! Anyway currently back on my white lion and this thread has been very useful . Currently only 25/29 on the white lion , but from what I can see guardian spec makes you very tanky with dmg coming from pet . With this in mind renown points are a dilemma as posted above by others . Is it better to go full on tank mode or try and balance my build out more with increased Crit chance to bolster my personal dmg numbers ? I’m swaying towards going parry / dodge and Crit reduction personally but would like some advice from any established guys if this is necessary .
I plan to solo roam on this guy , whilst my slayer will be more for wb play . Cheers !
The 2 builds here are the most used specs unless you go full guardian like catnap. is the RR and stats that will be different for us and one I'm still experimenting with.

I'm rr65 so decided to try a glass cannon build crit, high str 1000+ and 8k hp (had 28%crit but only 6% parry, low toughness , high crit rate chance) and did not like it as much. I'm going to respec my RR and balance parry 4x, lower str, crit reduction 3x and some toughness and report back.

Foomy44

Post#17 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:54 pm

FTR I ran that build because I wanted to play a pet focused class and that was strongest I could make my pet. Fitting forced opportunity into your build is a lot more viable, especially now that you need to be in near melee range for your pet to do max damage anyways so should always be able to land it on your pet's target. Also if you aren't getting a resist buff from something then Winds Impervious jewelry is probably BiS in most scenarios.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

CeeJay89

Post#18 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:32 am

Does anyone know whether Flanking affects the Lions damage or only the players?

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#19 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:19 am

CeeJay89 wrote:Does anyone know whether Flanking affects the Lions damage or only the players?
EDIT: Confirmed myself. It doesn't.

alusnova

Post#20 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:56 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:Does anyone know whether Flanking affects the Lions damage or only the players?

Yeah flanking is player only but now that you mention it flanking is the one tactic I switch out more often usually I run with :

Brute force , stalker, 50% crit and flanking but I see my self using speed training or baiting strike for the armor buff instead of flanking . What about you guys what's your go to tactic build, I run 3 of them depending on enemy.

Any WL out there with a high parry build? And how much parry % you have and what gear/stat you have. I'm thinking if you are going tanky build might as well also get as high parry as you can, seems we need the tactic slotted to even reach 36-40%