Recent Topics

Ads

Better for pvp/pve

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MindlessCalm

Better for pvp/pve

Post#1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:26 am

New to game , was wondering which class would be better for pvp and pve between WL and SW. also if a bit of why could be included for each, thank you.

Ads
dansari

Re: Better for pvp/pve

Post#2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:06 am

Hi, honestly both will be fine and I think both are in good places. WL and SW can both solo decently well, and have places in groups. Both are outshone by other DPS in warbands, however (SW less so than WL). It will come down to personal preference. Personally, if it's my first character, I take the SW. Melee DPS is much harder than ranged, so playing ranged will give you a chance to learn the game from afar. That's what I did really, and I think it helped.
<Salt Factory>

MindlessCalm

Post#3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 am

Thank you for the insight , do you mind elaborating a bit on which and how other Dps outshine them? Also what do you think of SM?

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 am

MindlessCalm wrote:Thank you for the insight , do you mind elaborating a bit on which and how other Dps outshine them? Also what do you think of SM?
You don't really have to care about warband play unless you intend to invest a few hundred hours into the game. Not that Order has any guilds running warbands worth joining anyways. The issue with SW and WL is that they can't bomb, or rather WL can't bomb, and SW requires a specific party after certain changes (nerfs). BW is pretty much the only good dps for warbands right now, as while SW can work, no order guild is willing to put in the work to use them.

SM just got nerfed and I don't really know the class well, but where it really shines is in a good pre-made, so would only play the class if you intend to get really good at the game, and invest significant time.

As for the original post, I'd say go with WL. The amount of skill and gear it takes to actively get kills on SW while soloing/in pug warband is much higher. WL also has a better time for solo pve content.
Rip Phalanx

Landgoat

Post#5 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 am

lefze wrote:
You don't really have to care about warband play unless you intend to invest a few hundred hours into the game. Not that Order has any guilds running warbands worth joining anyways.
got heeem.

I'd go WL.
WAAAAGH!
Shaman/ Landy - rr80
BG/ Killadelph - rr70

dansari

Post#6 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:31 pm

MindlessCalm wrote:Thank you for the insight , do you mind elaborating a bit on which and how other Dps outshine them? Also what do you think of SM?
Just in warbands, it's not worth taking a SW over a BW or Slayer in most instances. Reason being because their AOE is far superior, and aoe is king in the lakes. It will really depend on what you enjoy doing (although if you're new you may not really know yet)... And it will be a long way off before you hit warband play anyway, and only if you join a guild that runs warbands like lefze said, which depends on if you're NA or EU. All that said, I stand by my statement: if you're new, I would take a SW. By nature, it is much easier to be successful as a ranged class than it is melee. Once you get the hang of that and learn some of the game, get a feel for other class abilities, you can roll a WL.

SM is meh imo, but I play a bad SM so it's really just personal preference. They're the worst tank on order now, though.
<Salt Factory>

MindlessCalm

Post#7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:53 am

Can SM do its tanking with a 2h in pve and pvp ?

Collateral

Post#8 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am

MindlessCalm wrote:Can SM do its tanking with a 2h in pve and pvp ?
It can for sure. Wall of darting steel is quite handy ;) Also the self parry buff helps with your defenses.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:38 pm

MindlessCalm wrote:Can SM do its tanking with a 2h in pve and pvp ?
you used to have 2h SMs tanking keep lords back when non-healers still could have lord aggro :P

MindlessCalm

Post#10 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:43 am

Can SM solo roam ? And which classes are they worst against and which are they best against ?