Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion - Lost Privilege for Pet Naming

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Yavien

White Lion - Lost Privilege for Pet Naming

Post#1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Greetings,

i have reinstalled the game after some time. My WL from the past was only lvl 9 but I wanted to continue with her. As far as I remember I did change the name of the lion at the older days, however, now the lion has the beautiful name "Lion Cub" and if I try to change it the system responds with: "You are not allowed to change the pet name beacuse you lost this privilege".

Is this a known bug or intended? For example, do i have to make a levelup before i can rename the lion?
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, i tried to search but didn't found anything about it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: White Lion - Lost Privilege for Pet Naming

Post#2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Yavien wrote:Greetings,

i have reinstalled the game after some time. My WL from the past was only lvl 9 but I wanted to continue with her. As far as I remember I did change the name of the lion at the older days, however, now the lion has the beautiful name "Lion Cub" and if I try to change it the system responds with: "You are not allowed to change the pet name beacuse you lost this privilege".

Is this a known bug or intended? For example, do i have to make a levelup before i can rename the lion?
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, i tried to search but didn't found anything about it.

Thank you very much for your help!
The latest patch - or the patch before that, my memory is a sieve... - introduced a new limitation for pet names, so the naming mechanic got changed a tad and likely by accident broken, its a known issue. I guess there is a hotfix inbound, you might wanna check the patchnotes thread in case a workaround or ETA gets posted.
Last edited by Darosh on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cimator

Post#3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 pm

- Pet names will be always start with capital letter and the rest of the characters will be lower case.
- GMs can now change the name of pets to enforce the above. Such action by GM will block player option to rename his pet in future - better change them while you can.

^ From patchnotes.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Nah, there's something broken. Lots of people reporting they can't change their petname. GM's have not been that aggressive with enforcement just yet.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Yavien

Post#5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank you very much for your replies!

So we will just wait for a fix, right?

To bother a GM about that doesn't seem very reasonable to me as they surely have more important things to do.