Recent Topics

Ads

Melee/Assault SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
rmpl

Re: Melee/Assault SW

Post#201 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:04 am

If you don't want to mirror it then why not take it away from SW and give it to choppa for a week or two? I'm sure order mains wouldn't mind since they've described here in detail how easily it can countered. My choppa is ready ;)

Ads
Scrilian

Post#202 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am

Something-something chess.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

bangkokeight

Post#203 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:10 am

damn.. late to the party again, always seem to be months behind the cool kids..

ok ok once server is back up will try a respec, just to see if i can suck equally badly in the fotm spec too :)
Always hopeful of finding a DPS AM guild.. if anyone ever sees one, with low entrance standards, please let me know..

rmpl

Post#204 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 am

bangkokeight wrote:damn.. late to the party again, always seem to be months behind the cool kids..

ok ok once server is back up will try a respec, just to see if i can suck equally badly in the fotm spec too :)
It's not a solo setup, you need a full 6man to properly utilise it.

zgolec

Post#205 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:32 am

"Omg SW op, OMG crit so bad, OMG DEVS p[ls nerf!"

Another whine thread. First WL now SW - then some micro and major nerfs to class, but hey i got better idea - maybe nerf whole order?

Let's say -50% dmg and stats on all classes.
You will finally stop whinning.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Oculta

Post#206 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 am

Valfaros wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: I'll also be happy to point out again that this is on an largely underplayed melee spec on a ranged class, one which does not have the common tools that proper MDPS classes have,...
I don't know how many SC's you play as groups but we usually get a laugh from this statement while it's true that you don't see them often in pugs (like any meele class) you see them quite frequently now in groups esp in EU. It's okay though it's gotten quite funny to call for "oh look at that a meele sw that's something new I don't think I ever saw one of those" every few minutes....

Let's say we just are unlucky and happen to meet meele sws all the time since when are you guys balancing around how many play a spec. I certainly didn't see any WL nerfs and they happen to stand at every corner across orvr and in nearly every single sc. That seems like a strange thing to me really. Furthermore you are comparing appels to oranges here one is a range spec (we all know order like rdps for pugs) and the other is meele (more prefered by premades and therefore already more unlikly to meet)...so are we balancing around pug players now or what I thought you guys don't am I seeing something wrong here.

Then you say they lack common tools that proper MDPS classes have; well you didn't had a problem with nerfing DPS Dok procs although they lack common meele dps tools aswell. Now what do we have with meele SW a class having easily more armor and dmg then dok while being able to debuff the enemy team to 100% crit and to therefore recieve a additional proc from "Blurring Shock" with every single hit. How is that any different Blurring Shock was clearly not build around of every single hit giving the proc.
The only thing meele sw does not have compared to dok is dmg heal but we all know how terrible dmg heal can get against guardedand heavy armored classes like the sw for example.
One last thing don't forget we are speaking about crits here something a lot of classes benefit heavily due to 50% dmg crit tactics.

Don't know what I have to say to this. Atleast you consider changing the crit curve which sounds a lot more reasonable then the previous postion to the matter we got.

Heulen am LIMIT ..... 8-)

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

bangkokeight

Post#207 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:48 am

rmpl wrote:
    bangkokeight wrote:damn.. late to the party again, always seem to be months behind the cool kids..

It's not a solo setup, you need a full 6man to properly utilise it.
    ahhh, my sw is even more of a solo freak than my AM's... so guess i need to modify my plan for tonight..

step 1.. find 5 people in desperate need of an SW to carry..

step 2.. respec

step 3.. wait for 15 mins and then blame the 5 people carrying me for sucking so bad and causing us to get pwnd in sc's

step 4..pour another vodka and go back to being a solo player :)

On a more serious note, i often do wonder how tanky it's possible to make a sw? in full assault spec with rr in parry/def stats and armour or WS talis, how would a sw stand up against a choppa / bo?

It must be awesome to see the look of surprise in the cold green eyes of an orc that gets close to an sw only to bounce off whilst the sw laughs manically...
    Always hopeful of finding a DPS AM guild.. if anyone ever sees one, with low entrance standards, please let me know..

Nekkma

Post#208 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:00 am

It work perfecly fine in pug que as long as people assist and you get a guard/heals (same as for all mdps). Of course, it is not an Iwin-button as a solo sw against premades but pug vs pug it is still really strong provided people are assising. When playing my healer it is quite noticable as everything is fine until the SW starts attacking and people just explode.

When soloroaming on my BO, melee SWs have been fairly easy kills but usually requires me to use a hot pot
    Nekkma / Hjortron
    Zatakk
    Smultron

Ads
    roadkillrobin

Post#209 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 am

How about giving the old Sov ability that was on full healing set to some Destro class then.
    10 sec crit immunity to entire group 10 min CD.

Or maybe get old DTW or YSMBD back so tanks could use M3-M4's again as counter to this?

Nekkma

Post#210 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 am

Balancing around 10 min cds is a bad idea. Best fix I have seen in this thread is an adjustment of how Initiative and chance to be crit is calculated. A more linear approach (perhaps with softcap) seems better than what we presently have.
    Nekkma / Hjortron
    Zatakk
    Smultron