Recent Topics

Ads

Melee/Assault SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
footpatrol2

Re: Melee/Assault SW

Post#181 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:03 pm

So I don't think the initiative debuff from the tactic is bad. I think the initiative debuff from the gear is bad especially at the gamestate that the current gear is at.

I don't even know why your changing the gear from AoR. I think the gear from AoR was better then what we currently have. The gear only get's dumb at higher level sets not the lower level sets. But your game your rules.

I always thought that the initiative debuff on range physical archetype set was WAY too strong.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#182 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:So I don't think the initiative debuff from the tactic is bad. I think the initiative debuff from the gear is bad especially at the gamestate that the current gear is at.

I don't even know why your changing the gear from AoR. I think the gear from AoR was better then what we currently have. The gear only get's dumb at higher level sets not the lower level sets. But your game your rules.

I always thought that the initiative debuff on range physical archetype set was WAY too strong.
Mythic never differentiated stats as having different weighted values when it came to flat buffs/debuffs. You see the same thing in all the stat steals, procs, potions, etc. 80 init is the same as 80 bal in their eyes, despite how effective it might be to buff/debuff either. Problem with the proc, the values are tied together, so lowering one will lower the other, at least if we want the tooltip to be correct.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

rmpl

Post#183 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Jinxypie wrote:Today i joined multiple scs where ppl was so pissed about facing melee SW premade that booth groups just stayed at the spawn and didnt bother fight a bit against this order only "no big deal" utility.
Should've asked them politely not to use it.

Anomanderake

Post#184 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 am

Tonight I faced again kajtarn just the moment we switched from a serious setup to a lol setup with a dps healer XD so, not serious test.
Anyway, if is legit in some strange way a 100 crit, such thing lead to free a lot of RR point (mcrit chanche) that can be invested in avoidance and raw stat. Maybe i’m in a bad mood, but my opinion is that the SW can be tanky and super dps (investing in parry and ws).
If it would be at least a glass cannon maybe would be better.
I have to admitt that kajtarn’s premade has better tanks then ours, at least better than me. But anyway. A SW focused by a bg, a black orc, a WE, a marauder and a dps DoK should fall under 50% health.

Just a random idea. I can miss something.
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#185 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:09 am

Anomanderake wrote:Tonight I faced again kajtarn just the moment we switched from a serious setup to a lol setup with a dps healer XD so, not serious test.
Anyway, if is legit in some strange way a 100 crit, such thing lead to free a lot of RR point (mcrit chanche) that can be invested in avoidance and raw stat. Maybe i’m in a bad mood, but my opinion is that the SW can be tanky and super dps (investing in parry and ws).
If it would be at least a glass cannon maybe would be better.
I have to admitt that kajtarn’s premade has better tanks then ours, at least better than me. But anyway. A SW focused by a bg, a black orc, a WE, a marauder and a dps DoK should fall under 50% health.

Just a random idea. I can miss something.
Probably missing magic damage considering they only have their armor boosted. That was the missing component of the video posted earlier as well. They don't have increased HP/resists/avoidance from their stance change.

Drbus
Banned

Post#186 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:43 am

I'm just not certain as to why 100% crit chance rebuff is not seen as broken and not immediately fixed. Just blows my mind.
GM of Death Dealers of War
Uncleanblorc: Black Orc - 40/5X
Drbus: Shaman - 40/4X
Uncleanbus: Chosen - 40/4X
Busticles: Squig Herder - 40/4X

Drbus
Banned

Post#187 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 am

Not to mention you guys gave SW 50% crit dmg tactic. SW hitting for more than WE in melee range.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#188 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:13 am

Drbus wrote:I'm just not certain as to why 100% crit chance rebuff is not seen as broken and not immediately fixed. Just blows my mind.
It's not a 100% crit chance debuff except under extreme circumstances. You would literally need to ignore initiative and intentionally spec to not have any in your build. At best it debuffs initiative by 180, which is a lot. However, it's also been possible for quite a long time, yet no one seemed to have an issue until recently. For now it's a pretty unique, and highly effective combination (25% chance to proc) on vastly underplayed spec that does have additional counters aside from stacking initiative.

Even if it were cut in half (which probably isn't going to happen), going from the hypothetical 180 initiative to 90 initiative would still result in something around 30% chance to be crit on top of whatever bonus crit the enemy is running. I'm more personally interested in the overly punishing curve that having low initiative implies where it ramps up to 100%. Flattening that out is something I could get behind.

Ads
Valfaros

Post#189 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:32 am

wargrimnir wrote: I'm more personally interested in the overly punishing curve that having low initiative implies where it ramps up to 100%. Flattening that out is something I could get behind.
This and adjusting base stats is certainly also a way to fix the problem of it's overly extreme behavior too.

Drbus
Banned

Post#190 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:46 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Drbus wrote:I'm just not certain as to why 100% crit chance rebuff is not seen as broken and not immediately fixed. Just blows my mind.
It's not a 100% crit chance debuff except under extreme circumstances. You would literally need to ignore initiative and intentionally spec to not have any in your build. At best it debuffs initiative by 180, which is a lot. However, it's also been possible for quite a long time, yet no one seemed to have an issue until recently. For now it's a pretty unique, and highly effective combination (25% chance to proc) on vastly underplayed spec that does have additional counters aside from stacking initiative.

Even if it were cut in half (which probably isn't going to happen), going from the hypothetical 180 initiative to 90 initiative would still result in something around 30% chance to be crit on top of whatever bonus crit the enemy is running. I'm more personally interested in the overly punishing curve that having low initiative implies where it ramps up to 100%. Flattening that out is something I could get behind.
Seriously man? like are you trolling me? if so it's working... My chosen is specc'd into initiative and it goes to 95% chance to be crit.. not to mention in the patch notes it states that if you are lowered to zero it automatically makes it 100% chance to be crit, so any class with lower base initiative crushes them.. the fact that ONLY ONE faction can reach that crit potential is just another layer on top of it even being an option is insane