Recent Topics

Ads

Some SW Questions

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dtjror

Some SW Questions

Post#1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 am

So I've gotten my SW to 33/37 and pretty much had fun up to this point (grinding the last few levels of rr being the exception). But this is my first toon and now I need to get more strategic about my play so there are some things I would like to try to get clarified. FYI, I'm running Skirmish spec so have up to Eye Shot and now working up the Scout tree.

1. Tactics - At 33 you get Instinctive Aim, but I haven't slotted it because of the Toughness hit (currently running Masterful Aim, Powerful Draw, and Pierce Defense). Should I wait until 40 to slot it or do it now in place of PD? And what, if anything, do you do to offset the Toughness hit?

2. Stat Priorities - Following-up on the above, what should be my overall stat priorities now and on to 40? Other than getting Ballistic Skill as high as possible, up to this point I've tried to keep Toughness and Initiative roughly equal (outside of stance bonuses) and keep my Wounds and all resistances relatively high.

3. Morales - The "recommended" morales for rank 40 are Lileath's Forgiveness, Outrider Patrol, Instill Fear and Hail of Doom. I don't even have access to the last two yet, for for rank 2 I'm wondering if right now it would be better to have Focused Mind? LF gets rid of all cripples, hexes, ailments, etc, which I assume means it would break most cc (except disable) as well as get rid of DoTs, but FM breaks most cc AND grants 10 sec immunity, so for example you can't be immediately re-snared. Given the squishiness of the low 30s I wonder if this has greater utility until 40?

Any other tips or advice that may seem relevant would also be appreciated!

Ads
dansari

Re: Some SW Questions

Post#2 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:47 am

Instinctive Aim is an essential tactic for all specs. You just offset the toughness by investing in defensive renown. However, at your stage it's probably better to slot supportive tactics until you get your officer (or harbringer) weapons and your beastlord, Merc, Anni mix (I would grab 2 Anni, 3 Merc, 4 BL if you plan to stay skirmish.. go for the BL proc if you are going assault)

For stats it really just depends on what you have and what your talisman investment can realistically be, as well as your spec. For a skirmish build I would probably just work on slotting WS talis because your bal will likely be high enough. For assault, I think a mix of armor, WS, and Bal works well.

For morales, I used to play with the cleanse morale, but not anymore. The dodge/disrupt for 7s is very good at staying alive (although, annoyingly, word of pain is undefendable even through the morale if it's already on you). For m2 I play with Outrider Patrol but FM is very useful if you think you're going to need to kite. You will rarely use your m3 so it's not super necessary but I run the stagger just because.
<Salt Factory>