Recent Topics

Ads

Hybrid AM / Arcing Power questions/discussion

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phatzas

Hybrid AM / Arcing Power questions/discussion

Post#1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Thinking of lvling a 'healer' for an alt. I played RP/WP on live and not really a big fan of the RP masteries. Thought I would try something different especially with the changes to the AM/shaman mechanics on RoR, I loved shaman on live as it was.

I am looking at a spec something like this
http://www.ror.builders/career/archmage ... ,3435,3470
A mix of DPS and heals. Not looking to be a solo/top healer or a main source of dmg but more of a pug offheal/dps in scs and something I could roam/small man with.

My main concern is how well exactly does the Arcing Power tactic work? Does it heal off of each 'tick' of a dot or only direct dmg abilities? And does the LT double heal (heal once from the ability and then heal a second time for 25% of the dmg it deals with Arcing Power)? And can an AM still apply pressure without DF and crit tactics slotted?

Ads
Foomy44

Re: Hybrid AM / Arcing Power questions/discussion

Post#2 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Haven't played an AM since live (I miss you Timethief) but got a shammy here so I'll try. Arcing power only works off direct damage I believe. Balance Essence will double heal with it slotted. One thing you seem to be ignoring here is that both of those will actually heal for more with Divine Fury slotted since the healing is based off the damage done and is not reduced by the lowered healing from the tactic. I don't think you're gonna be putting out a whole lotta pressure on most targets with that build. If you wanna hybrid it up IMO strong dps and lifetaps will help your group more than weak dps and weak heals.

Also my shammy would kill for AM disrupt strikethru tactics, disrupt rates are a serious issue IMO at least until you get int near softcap, and then still a pain on any target with decent willpower or a shield. Might wanna consider slotting at least 1 though I admit I don't know what ideal DPS AM setup looks like currently.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Arteker616

Post#3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:51 pm

hybrid specs for shaman and ams always end on the same place u will score 20k dmg and about 35k heals , alot of people try to play it and always faill.
u arrived to late to test old ex mode then yes mixing both stances healing and taping was the king.

phatzas

Post#4 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:32 pm

@Foomy44 I understand DF would make the healing from Arcing power and the LT in general heal for more as well as help increase the overall DMG. I was thinking of running without it just so that I can dump all 5 pts of heal magic to 'burst' heal which is more or less just having the ability to spam the larger heals at a faster cast time. Good point on the strike through tactics I've noticed an insane amount of disrupts (especially on dot ticks) even in t1.

@Arteker616 I had played shaman some during the original ex mode changes through t2 and do remember how strong the LT was while empowered. I get that it will not be able to perform as strongly as it did but more wondering if anyone has had any success with a similar build? Not expecting the build / play style to be top of anything in sc leader boards but that does not mean it does not work all together.