Recent Topics

Ads

War Lion role in WB

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Acidic

War Lion role in WB

Post#1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi
Was wondering what the WL has for purpose in a WB

I see the burst Dps as specialized in small scale and the new guard seems to be directing some function in the WB but I can not see exactly the role the WL has in a WB while AP issues exist and AP issue has to remain while the burst is so high.
For me it would be interesting what the role should be in a WB

Ads
dansari

Re: War Lion role in WB

Post#2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 am

Your role in warband is to log onto a useful class.

But seriously there is very little need for a high single target burst class unless you can take out a key target, alone, incredibly quickly, and not be a liability. Such a thing is not reasonable nor regularly feasible in normal warband clashes
<Salt Factory>

Acidic

Post#3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 am

dansari wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 am Your role in warband is to log onto a useful class.

But seriously there is very little need for a high single target burst class unless you can take out a key target, alone, incredibly quickly, and not be a liability. Such a thing is not reasonable nor regularly feasible in normal warband clashes
Agree with what you say here the question is probably what should the WL class be changed to do

Ridduk

Post#4 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:56 pm Hi
Was wondering what the WL has for purpose in a WB

I see the burst Dps as specialized in small scale and the new guard seems to be directing some function in the WB but I can not see exactly the role the WL has in a WB while AP issues exist and AP issue has to remain while the burst is so high.
For me it would be interesting what the role should be in a WB
AP issues can be alleviated with a wp in grp who is using refreshing radiance.

Spacecraft

Post#5 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:28 am

Your are the Dk shot caller of those groups you can easy pull targets that dont have imunity into the blob.

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 am

You can roam lakes and pick off drstro trying to make it to fights or objs

for WB stuff you have whirling axes for AoE spam along with flying axe M2

alusnova

Post#7 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 am

Uhh this feel like more like incognito Destro guys posting as WL, when you add my dps is too high and I don't know what my role is just feels like a bait thread...

In any case what you mean what your role is? As meele you assist and kill stuff , tanks do cc and guard meeles, assist the ma if you are ranged and heal your team if you are a healer.

I don't understand the same question about the WL role keeps coming up , how is it any different than any other meele class role in a wb? What do marauders do for example? The only meele class that has a different role is WH/WE they should be on the walls talking out defenders otherwise In roaming all meele assist just like your WL should be doing. Now you can guard your pet keep him defensive and assist away if you are guardian or you can go axe/hunt and debuff armor and 50% heal debuff for example you can be the MA also slot loner when in WB play and don't worry about pet

So hopefully that helps you figure out what to do in WB play.

Valarion

Post#8 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:02 am

Pull

That and nuking **** that goes ANYWHERE near the squishies.

It doesnt seem sexy, but its vital to keeping the pack alive.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:35 am

alusnova wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 am What do marauders do for example?
'

To be fair mara is probably one of the strongest options for WB play:

Demoliton, wave of terror, wave of mutilation, AoE KD, and great fang M2

Mara has a lot of utility and AoE potential plus a good M2 for bombing while still having nice ST dps

dansari

Post#10 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:33 am

WL is not "meta" wb play. Meta DPS is ~4-5 BW, 2 SL, 1 pull engy, 1 dps runie, depending on how min max you want to be. To say that WL should be "changed" to fit into a wb DPS class is looking at it the wrong way. Devs have already given their opinion that not every class should be viable in every aspect of gameplay. So, it seems that, at least in the current iteration of the game, WL excels at small scale but does not bring much to large scale.
<Salt Factory>