Recent Topics

Ads

AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aerogath
Suspended

Re: AM mechanic changes, results and a few thoughts.

Post#111 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Ah man just give the Am finally a shield standart 40% block chance and a taunt that he can finally do absolute everything.

Ads
live4treasure

Post#112 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:02 pm

ToXoS wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am I rolled an AM yesterday, and because I love classes with actually good DoTs, I plan to play it DPS oriented.
I didn't play for a while, and I saw some changes in AM trees.
How is scorching touch? It seems nice on the paper, but I would prefer the opinion of a player that actually tested it.

Edit: also, does the 0.7 from all stats counting as intelligence still a thing?
Scorching Touch, aka turbolaser, is a must-have tactic if you plan on doing single target damage... However this actually depends on what scenario you will be playing.

If you are running solo, scorching touch is replacable by "defensive" tactics that can boost your self-healing. While it is a great boost to your damage, it's really not that helpful when you very often will only have the opportunity to use it as an instant cast at your target for the first tick. That said, it still has a place there, it's just not going to help you much vs melee unless you have a lot more gear/rr.

If you are running group oriented, pick up both dissipating energies and scorching touch, as a combination of those two + dots will be a powerful dose of damage on your target.

Edit: It is, at least for now. We don't know what the future holds for the class atm.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

ToXoS

Post#113 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:06 pm

live4treasure wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:02 pm
ToXoS wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am I rolled an AM yesterday, and because I love classes with actually good DoTs, I plan to play it DPS oriented.
I didn't play for a while, and I saw some changes in AM trees.
How is scorching touch? It seems nice on the paper, but I would prefer the opinion of a player that actually tested it.

Edit: also, does the 0.7 from all stats counting as intelligence still a thing?
Scorching Touch, aka turbolaser, is a must-have tactic if you plan on doing single target damage... However this actually depends on what scenario you will be playing.

If you are running solo, scorching touch is replacable by "defensive" tactics that can boost your self-healing. While it is a great boost to your damage, it's really not that helpful when you very often will only have the opportunity to use it as an instant cast at your target for the first tick. That said, it still has a place there, it's just not going to help you much vs melee unless you have a lot more gear/rr.

If you are running group oriented, pick up both dissipating energies and scorching touch, as a combination of those two + dots will be a powerful dose of damage on your target.

Edit: It is, at least for now. We don't know what the future holds for the class atm.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we will see if the changes are going to remain or not.

Telen
Suspended

Post#114 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:13 pm

The funny thing is before the nerf to the damage of lifetaps killing solo fools was much easier. The salt comes from the fact that dps am now actually has a valid dps spec instead of fluff damage. All thats changed is they have some aoe but have sacrificed soloing power without lifetap dmg as dps. They killed you solo on live aswell but no one cared because they were even further away from any meta. Same for the Magus whine btw. People moan about their burst because a class that had nothing now does. Meanwhile maras and bw superman around in their meta live state and its all good because thats the 'natural order of things'.

You cant nerf down these meta classes because the playerbase would have a fit so of course classes will get buffs. More classes need similar looking at. Zealot has some of the coolest gear and abilities in game and Id love to level mine when they get a look. Ive been much more drawn to Chaos style since Total War came out and the Zealot screeching away is really ticking the boxes for me.
Last edited by Telen on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

live4treasure

Post#115 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm

I can agree with Telen. Before we had lifetaps that could crit for roughly 1k and healback 1.5k, casted on the move, 100 ft. range and we could also juggle them in order to spam them.

Right now DPS AM can no longer do that or experiences significant difficulty when trying and has also lost his at-will AP drain. It's weaker as a solo class, but stronger as a group one, which is fine by me. DPS AM could definitely afford to lose some solo efficiency in order to become something more than a meme.

Edit: That said, I think it could stand to lose a bit of group healing at the moment. It's not strong enough to replace a real healer of course, but it's still potent burst healing. Losing 10-20% group healing in exchange for something like an ability to swap your dots onto a new target and/or something to regain some of the utility lost from the powerful AP drain would likely cement it as a viable dps spec in smallscale while smoothing out the bit that feels OP about them to others.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Telen
Suspended

Post#116 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Another piece of reality that bad players wont like. The reason classes played alt spec, challenging or under-performing on live (magus, lifetap healing, dps healers that float friendly target, alt melee specs) get a lot of salt is they attract players that can handle them. Those type of players excel on any class. Just look at the average player thats still on magus over the years. They werent average on live they were just on a crap class. they didnt suddenly just git gud.
Last edited by Telen on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HtGeist

Post#117 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm

live4treasure wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm I can agree with Telen. Before we had lifetaps that could crit for roughly 1k and healback 1.5k, casted on the move, 100 ft. range and we could also juggle them in order to spam them.

Right now DPS AM can no longer do that or experiences significant difficulty when trying and has also lost his at-will AP drain. It's weaker as a solo class, but stronger as a group one, which is fine by me. DPS AM could definitely afford to lose some solo efficiency in order to become something more than a meme.

Edit: That said, I think it could stand to lose a bit of group healing at the moment. It's not strong enough to replace a real healer of course, but it's still potent burst healing. Losing 10-20% group healing in exchange for something like an ability to swap your dots onto a new target and/or something to regain some of the utility lost from the powerful AP drain would likely cement it as a viable dps spec in smallscale while smoothing out the bit that feels OP about them to others.
Seriously..AM is over the top atm pure pressure,dunno how they calculate things behind nthe scenes but ran into 2 40 AMs in the split second it took me to do 180 both somehow magically land 2 dots each...i play low lvl chosen max resists for lvl boosted 956 toughness had resist/toughness/str aura running and those 4 dots not 1 resists thanks to i guess them pre healing and having 20% strike thru plus 10% elven flalala harder to defend..4 dots had me down to 10% health..956 toughnes 7742 health..4 effing healer arch type dots...fix that horsemanure please. got AM being over the top ,engis bringing too much to the table for 1 person and order tanks live longer cos they dont have to deal with this kinda bull..they were speaking balance,i am still waiting...
-Even educated zombies growl!

Telen
Suspended

Post#118 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:59 pm

HtGeist wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm Seriously..AM is over the top atm pure pressure,dunno how they calculate things behind nthe scenes but ran into 2 40 AMs in the split second it took me to do 180 both somehow magically land 2 dots each...i play low lvl chosen max resists for lvl boosted 956 toughness had resist/toughness/str aura running and those 4 dots not 1 resists thanks to i guess them pre healing and having 20% strike thru plus 10% elven flalala harder to defend..4 dots had me down to 10% health..956 toughnes 7742 health..4 effing healer arch type dots...fix that horsemanure please. got AM being over the top ,engis bringing too much to the table for 1 person and order tanks live longer cos they dont have to deal with this kinda bull..they were speaking balance,i am still waiting...
Dots dont have 20% strike-through.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#119 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm

HtGeist wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm
live4treasure wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm I can agree with Telen. Before we had lifetaps that could crit for roughly 1k and healback 1.5k, casted on the move, 100 ft. range and we could also juggle them in order to spam them.

Seriously..AM is over the top atm pure pressure,dunno how they calculate things behind nthe scenes but ran into 2 40 AMs in the split second it took me to do 180 both somehow magically land 2 dots each...i play low lvl chosen max resists for lvl boosted 956 toughness had resist/toughness/str aura running and those 4 dots not 1 resists thanks to i guess them pre healing and having 20% strike thru plus 10% elven flalala harder to defend..4 dots had me down to 10% health..956 toughnes 7742 health..4 effing healer arch type dots...fix that horsemanure please. got AM being over the top ,engis bringing too much to the table for 1 person and order tanks live longer cos they dont have to deal with this kinda bull..they were speaking balance,i am still waiting...
AM is not over the top at all. Measuring the power of any given class without taking into account opposing tanks+heals+dps makes no sense, as the game is based around tanks+heals+dps vs tanks+heals+dps.

And no, two tanks+two healers+two AMs isn't gonna beat something like two tanks+two healers+A mara+A WE. And that is pretty much how you determine that the class is in fact not over the top. Taking even a single AM into most match ups is questionable.

My only gripe with it currently is the Blessing sever tactic+sever on AP drain. It's extremely frustrating.
Rip Phalanx

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#120 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Why is it so impossible for some poeple to understand that a class NEVER should be able to heal the same amount as they deal dmg especially if they are skilled on Dps or Heal.
Is the am dps his heals must be absolute crap. Is he heal, his dps must be absolute crap. Every broken problem solved with them. What is so hard to understand that they ARE over the top?