[SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2714

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#41 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:16 am

Blessing of Heaven + Bolstering Enhancements was actually a decent HoT when combined. Especially for PVE farming.

Fluff heals or not when you add all it's healing to the total healing done within your group it was actually a 10-15% total healing increase. Peole tend to look at these things in isolation rather adding the combined vallue from it. If the tactics each said "Add 80 healing power to your healers output" people would value em differently and thats esentilially what they did.

It's the same reason why people used to neglect tank damage. On it's own it's pretty negelcteble but stack it ontop of the dps burst and you add another 10-40% damage, a tactic that every dps class would run.

The morale drain is however much more vallueble imo.
Image

Ads
CytheX
Posts: 69

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#42 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 am

That's why evry SM ran that tattic and felt super strong!

ashton007
Posts: 149

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#43 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:13 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:16 am
Blessing of Heaven + Bolstering Enhancements was actually a decent HoT when combined. Especially for PVE farming.

Fluff heals or not when you add all it's healing to the total healing done within your group it was actually a 10-15% total healing increase. Peole tend to look at these things in isolation rather adding the combined vallue from it. If the tactics each said "Add 80 healing power to your healers output" people would value em differently and thats esentilially what they did.

It's the same reason why people used to neglect tank damage. On it's own it's pretty negelcteble but stack it ontop of the dps burst and you add another 10-40% damage, a tactic that every dps class would run.

The morale drain is however much more vallueble imo.
Agreed. BoH was doing its job pretty good! I still cant imagine how its selfish because you end up off healing others more than yourself unless solo. BoH worked on people outside your group so it was even decent for rvr.

User avatar
tazdingo
Posts: 616

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#44 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm

i like the changes and support what is trying to be achieved but i do wish that it wasn't blessing of heaven that got changed. it was a very unique effect and i think off meta builds are the good for the game. SM has plenty of dead tactics that could be used
when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all

ashton007
Posts: 149

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#45 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:24 pm

tazdingo wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm
i like the changes and support what is trying to be achieved but i do wish that it wasn't blessing of heaven that got changed. it was a very unique effect and i think off meta builds are the good for the game. SM has plenty of dead tactics that could be used
Completely agree, Adept movements would be a better tactic to replace this. NO SM uses this tactic because we do not have AP problems. Could only see it being good for spamming more WoH which is kind of against the plan for SM according to Aza.

soliticks
Posts: 74

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#46 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:55 pm

I generally agree with the changes. Big thanks for Crashing Wave. Whether you are using an Ether Dance build or not, Balanced Accuracy was such a staple for most SM's, so I'm glad it's in our tree finally.

As for the double hp regen, I kind of agree with the outrage. Although I had no room for it personally, it sounds like a significant portion of the SM community did. I don't think anyone deemed it particularly overpowered or anything. Perhaps in the future, changes made can be a little more considerate of what people love about their class. There are tactics like Perfect Defenses and Calming Winds that I believe NOBODY uses due to their unreliable uptime. Perhaps replace things like these instead.

A quick side note about Crashing Wave: according to the tooltip, it should supposedly be our hardest hitting ability. I haven't tested, or quantified it extensively, but I "believe" it is not doing that kind of damage when compared to lower tooltip abilities like Dazzling Strike, Ether Dance, and even Blurring Shock.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Charon
Posts: 151

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#47 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 pm

soliticks wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:55 pm
There are tactics like Perfect Defenses and Calming Winds that I believe NOBODY uses due to their unreliable uptime. Perhaps replace things like these instead.
Are you playing your sm correctly???? Calming Winds useless, especially now???

2. I generally think that hp regen tks were used only by 2 ppl that currently argue at this forum to get it back. (or its some scam to implement hidden nerf to sm - im paranoid a bit :twisted: ). 2xhp regen build might work only if there was no proper healers in your party and you fight against pug with out st dmg focus or you build yourself for solo roam. For or against 6v6 premade or any group that was smart enough to use assist macro those tks were useless. Any way when I checked them usually 60 to 70% of ticks were overhealed.
Last edited by Charon on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR - Morrguard Huss - sometimes healer
Nogrun - I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Chaeron - Bladesong dancer
Charonirae - a really bad Wh

User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2714

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#48 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:01 pm

CytheX wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 am
That's why evry SM ran that tattic and felt super strong!
Moast players just copy other peoples builds and doesn't bother with meta info att all and call **** for **** simply for the reason that other people do so coz they don't wana risk looking stupid and say something that breaks the norm. Moast people think SM is only good for dps while guarding coz thats how moast people plays it. People called Raze crappy and Mara morale drain for trash until Phalanx did what they did to the Dwarf WB at the Chaos vs Dwarf event proved something entirely different. And now everyone talks about nerfing all that stuff.

You could easily get between 30-60k healing in scenarios, sometimes even up to 100k while two othe healers in your group got maybe 300-350k combined. It's a defensive tool for your group which stacks with ALL other defensive buffs in the game on the contrary to the bilions of toughness buffs out there. Is it optimal for a tank, no, but it's a creative sollution added for defensive utillity capabillity to a tank when they need to look past the 300 buffs allready in the game and doesn't stack with each other.
Image

Ads
User avatar
Martok
Posts: 881
Contact:

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#49 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 pm

soliticks wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:55 pm
A quick side note about Crashing Wave: according to the tooltip, it should supposedly be our hardest hitting ability. I haven't tested, or quantified it extensively, but I "believe" it is not doing that kind of damage when compared to lower tooltip abilities like Dazzling Strike, Ether Dance, and even Blurring Shock.

Remember Crashing Wave deals total damage divided between the two hits, therefore to get the total output you, of course, have to add them together.

As for individual damage ticks, I have been tracking that via video. The average damage dealt centers around 450 points per hit. Largest single hit I have seen to date was 678 against a Marauder, the lowest 230 against a Zealot. Average Chosen hit is again between 430 to 480. Funny a Zealot can mitigate the most damage, as the total dealt during that attack was 460 as opposed to the Marauder during the same scenario, which totaled 1238 (a crit was involved here, of course.)

Given so far I have only tracked 15 CW attacks in three scenarios recorded, the ability appears to be working as advertised.

soliticks
Posts: 74

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#50 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:00 pm

Martok wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:38 pm
soliticks wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:55 pm
A quick side note about Crashing Wave: according to the tooltip, it should supposedly be our hardest hitting ability. I haven't tested, or quantified it extensively, but I "believe" it is not doing that kind of damage when compared to lower tooltip abilities like Dazzling Strike, Ether Dance, and even Blurring Shock.

Remember Crashing Wave deals total damage divided between the two hits, therefore to get the total output you, of course, have to add them together.

As for individual damage ticks, I have been tracking that via video. The average damage dealt centers around 450 points per hit. Largest single hit I have seen to date was 678 against a Marauder, the lowest 230 against a Zealot. Average Chosen hit is again between 430 to 480. Funny a Zealot can mitigate the most damage, as the total dealt during that attack was 460 as opposed to the Marauder during the same scenario, which totaled 1238 (a crit was involved here, of course.)

Given so far I have only tracked 15 CW attacks in three scenarios recorded, the ability appears to be working as advertised.
Aye thanks for testing that. Maybe it was just my perception of it. For me, it's those toughness-stacking Shamans that I hit for nothing ^^
Last edited by soliticks on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chriz (Swordmaster 6x)
Criz (Runepriest 4x)
Chrizx (White Lion 8x)
Chrizzz (Squig Herder 6x)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LTGreebo and 3 guests