Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Karl

[SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Hiya, im trying to make sense of the new Changes to SM, I played and enjoyed a tanky Vaul/hoeth bouble kd snb build with blessing of heaven, that's not available any more.

What was the driver behind the recent change - i feel that the snb SM got the short end of the stick and the 2h khaine build got a boost with the kd... Am i missing the big picture?

Dindn't make this post to whine, coz devs are making a great job, trying to understand the direction of the SM :)

Kind regards
K

Ads
Azarael

Re: [SM] New changes in patch (19th aug)

Post#2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Moving away from having a ton of selfish tactics and more towards group utility.

Karl

Post#3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:51 pm Moving away from having a ton of selfish tactics and more towards group utility.
Aha, thx mate, i didn’t have the group perspective. Was feeling like a solid tank with the last build, will try to figure a new one out :)

auzzibear

Post#4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Being a solid tank is not always about survivability, but also the utility you provide your group. You now get some really great tools: AoE interrupt and AoE morale drain, which is really useful with the new morale gain changes. Learn to use your interrupts against enemy healers and casters effectively and your group, whether pug or premade, will perform much better
Auzzimvp, Cow Handler of <Salt Factory>

Aussi-Slayer | Auzzima-WP | Auzzi-WH | Auzzita-RP | Auzzimvp-WL
Auzz- DoK | Dubbs- Mara | Dubs- BG | Izua- Sham
at least 40/40 on most classes, just ran out of room :D

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:37 pm

For solid tanking, there are much better tactics to take over the self-heal stuff (assuming you have healers, of course).

Sigimund

Post#6 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Isha's Protection is underrated.

ashton007

Post#7 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 pm

The tactic healed anyone that attacked your target if u had hit them with a hoeth ability for 10 sec. I would hardly call that selfish. The morale drain that replaced it will barely get used by anyone with a 2h. (Every SM)

CytheX

Post#8 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:02 pm

That healing tattic was crap, good only for trollbuild

Ads
ashton007

Post#9 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:13 pm

That trollbuild is or was my main spec. Im literally taking a good long break from war now because they just took the last play style i had and enjoyed. Ill return when WP gets the buffs it deserves.

ashton007

Post#10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:15 pm

I just think they could have picked a more useless tactic to butcher. Not one that plenty of sm still used... Like IP for example.