Recent Topics

Ads

Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kcfalcon

Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:38 pm

I've heard many say that this toon is "broken," but have never heard anyone clarify what they mean or, more importantly I guess, is it still broken? Can anyone explain HOW this toon is "broken", and whether or not that has been fixed?

Also, just a side note, why is the melee attack "grim slash" not available in assault stance?

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Post#2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:15 pm

kcfalcon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:38 pm I've heard many say that this toon is "broken," but have never heard anyone clarify what they mean or, more importantly I guess, is it still broken? Can anyone explain HOW this toon is "broken", and whether or not that has been fixed?

Also, just a side note, why is the melee attack "grim slash" not available in assault stance?
Grim Slash is available in all stances.

A lot of the mindless rants about aSW being broken comes from the fact that it was indeed extremely potent at one point. A bit of clarification on this, the whole thing started with Wrist Slash stacking, which meant you could potentially debuff 200 inititative. The way the formula worked made it possible to debuff people by 2-3k% incoming crit chance. originally, reaching 0 initiative did in fact make the target immune to crits, but after the fix it effectively meant that anyone you hit would be sitting at 50-100% incoming crit chance, as the formula is extremely unforgiving if you don't stack initiative rather hard.

However, this was later fixed by effectively giving everyone a +35 initiative bonus via the formula. This means that Grim Slash is really a 45 initiative debuff on top of anything else when compared to before the buff. Currently a lot of classes get 300+ initiative automatically, while others barely get 200. The power of the tactic is extremely inconsistent, in itself the tactic is a debuff of 3-4% when countered. If not countered however, it can be a rather significant debuff in the range of 40-50%+.
Rip Phalanx

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:26 pm

They look absolutely BAH also np :P

kcfalcon

Post#4 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Iefze, maybe I'm missing something, but grim slash disappears from my bar every time I go into assault stance, but comes back when I go into scout stance. Should I report this as a bug?

Sigimund

Post#5 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:54 pm

You are swapping to a different action bar when you change stances.

kcfalcon

Post#6 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks Sigimund...didn't realize that. got it fixed now!

Much appreciated!

Alsayr

Post#7 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:11 am

kcfalcon wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:38 pm I've heard many say that this toon is "broken," but have never heard anyone clarify what they mean or, more importantly I guess, is it still broken? Can anyone explain HOW this toon is "broken", and whether or not that has been fixed?

I dont know is broken, but some skills are nerfed in last patch. If You play in scout FA bomb have nerf.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

poffo

Post#8 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Scout line do way way to low damage all togather. SW scout is a glasscannon with only the glass.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:40 pm

poffo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 pm Scout line do way way to low damage all togather. SW scout is a glasscannon with only the glass.
This is correct. Their rework wasn't complete.
Rip Phalanx

poffo

Post#10 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm

lefze wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:40 pm
poffo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 pm Scout line do way way to low damage all togather. SW scout is a glasscannon with only the glass.
This is correct. Their rework wasn't complete.
So when will they finish the job, i wouldent say its broken but its not on par in any way.