Recent Topics

Ads

SW needs help

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kragg

Re: SW needs help

Post#21 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 pm

poffo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:32 pm Stop talking about SH. SW needs help and i would prefer if it be now. Scout line should be top single target dps together with BW...t
That would need to be engineer. You do not even have to set up a turret and can merrily kite your way around. Try doing that as ST rifleman dwarf :P
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
poffo

Post#22 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:05 pm

"WL right now, they are looking like :| victims."

SW dont look like :| victims, they are :| ictims and i want to report the crime.

And to Kragg: Tage your eng. issues to an eng. forum. I have a granadeer and tho it aint the best class it atleast feels like doing something in WB's sc's its another story but it do help pressure the heales even if it dont kill much other than by luck.

poffo

Post#23 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 am

On a fast note, Festering arrow cast time is way too high everything over 2 sec cast is a no go in pvp imo. even as a opener its too slow. Imo No Quarter is a must because to me eagle eye is scout line bread and butter...i suggest the extre cost is removed and that the reduction counts towards Festering Arrow and not 1 sec but 1.5. Remove CD on festering so atleast we can use it with moral 2 focused mind as a synergi burst if nothing else

Fell the weak should be cut down to 3 sec. cooldown i can live with 5. the high damage component should be 40 % and the low damage component should be around 800.

Glass arrow should be 80 % and cooldown and add a snare 25 % 5 sec.

Ohhh yea flame arrows initial damage is so low its a joke same with its tick.
Last edited by poffo on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lefze
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm

poffo wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 am On a fast note, Festering arrow cast time is way too high everything over 2 sec cast is a no go in pvp imo. even as a opener its too slow. Imo No Quarter is a must because to me eagle eye is scout line bread and butter...i suggest the extre cost is removed and that the reduction counts towards Festering Arrow and not 1 sec but 1.5.

Fell the weak should be cut down to 3 sec. cooldown i can live with 5. the high damage component should be 40 % and the low damage component should be around 800.

No Quarter is a must ye. Though a scout build with no quarter won't work sub rr70, and even then scout doesn't really do much of anything. 2k FtW crits are nice, but even with AP on crit you get screwed by the AP cost increase so hard that you never get your max burst off.
Rip Phalanx

poffo

Post#25 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:45 pm

lefze wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm
poffo wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 am On a fast note, Festering arrow cast time is way too high everything over 2 sec cast is a no go in pvp imo. even as a opener its too slow. Imo No Quarter is a must because to me eagle eye is scout line bread and butter...i suggest the extre cost is removed and that the reduction counts towards Festering Arrow and not 1 sec but 1.5.

No Quarter is a must ye. Though a scout build with no quarter won't work sub rr70, and even then scout doesn't really do much of anything. 2k FtW crits are nice, but even with AP on crit you get screwed by the AP cost increase so hard that you never get your max burst off.
Finaly someone who suffers with me praise the lord finaly. Its been like talking to closed doors and fanbois saying we tryed that before and hey look at this class instead...and please for the mother of ....whirling pin is a joke...if you wont let it have its root component back then how about making the jump throw you back 100 % longer and throws you even if it dont hit anybody...make it remove any and all cc on you and grant you immunity for 5 sec togather with a short burst of spd. make it a scout line use only so you dont feed the skirmish line more movebelity.

carmine3161

Post#26 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 pm

poffo wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 am whirling pin is a joke...if you wont let it have its root component back then how about making the jump throw you back 100 % longer and throws you even if it dont hit anybody...make it remove any and all cc on you and grant you immunity for 5 sec togather with a short burst of spd. make it a scout line use only so you dont feed the skirmish line more movebelity.
Sounds pretty damn broken
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch

Allistarj

Post#27 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Generally i still think the class is a joke dmg wise, also wtf are u supposed to do vs marauder pull + sprint? or if u get jumped by a WE? i have 1050 bs and 600 WS right now at level 37. and i sacrafise soooo much defence for dmg, and still its poopy. can you please cut out the "ur a support dps ****" what kinda **** is that? why even have the class in the game? its like : hey.. yea u can run around like a lotr fan boy, but u cant kill a damn thing unless u have a full party with u---- thats stupid as hell

Darks63

Post#28 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:58 am

Korhadreth wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:22 am
Allistarj wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 pm Generally i still think the class is a joke dmg wise, also wtf are u supposed to do vs marauder pull + sprint? or if u get jumped by a WE? i have 1050 bs and 600 WS right now at level 37. and i sacrafise soooo much defence for dmg, and still its poopy. can you please cut out the "ur a support dps ****" what kinda **** is that? why even have the class in the game? its like : hey.. yea u can run around like a lotr fan boy, but u cant kill a damn thing unless u have a full party with u---- thats stupid as hell
When you get pulled pop whirling pin. When Mara charges use one of two knock downs.
Use counterstrike if he does the whirling attack.
You aren't gonna beat WEs at rank 37.
If you want to spam a single button toon try another class.
Most smart maras run forward a bit after the pull to neutralize whirling pin.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
poffo

Post#29 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Allistarj wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:25 pm Generally i still think the class is a joke dmg wise, also wtf are u supposed to do vs marauder pull + sprint? or if u get jumped by a WE? i have 1050 bs and 600 WS right now at level 37. and i sacrafise soooo much defence for dmg, and still its poopy. can you please cut out the "ur a support dps ****" what kinda **** is that? why even have the class in the game? its like : hey.. yea u can run around like a lotr fan boy, but u cant kill a damn thing unless u have a full party with u---- thats stupid as hell
U are a champ. and you like meny others nail it...if its a small nail use a small hammer...this is a big fu***** nail so we would like you u devs. to use a big dps boost hammer in scout line..some of us have allready made some simple suggestions..

About the WE: i dont mind dying close range in 3 to 5 sec. as long as they do also to me on range...same with mau. probleme is they dont...no one do...wich is what we are trying to explain..we are a GLASSCANNON with out the goddamm cannon(scout-line). Just make sure that the boost you make is to scout-line only and not skirmis..cus the movebility in that line can easy make it op.

To Korhadreth: you clearly do not know what you are talking about....i suspect you think you do but you dont so please dont respnd to this or anything else regarding SW scout line problemes/issues...you are poluting the salt :D

On a final note, this prob. cant be done, but a viabel self/group buff to make SW more desired in a group setting...not even sure if it can be made or not.

anarchypark

Post#30 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:43 am

Korhadreth wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 pm what's your rotation? Acid arrow > Vengeance of Nagarythe > Flame arrow > Broadhead arrow > Steady aim > Rapid fire > Fell the weak.
where is Festering Arrow.
all your rotation skills are fluff DoT.
1 HoT will cover your dmg.
you need to add burst on that.

also, you're missing heal debuff. it may require high rr but you need to use it, scout or not.

it makes you stay in mid range with long cast scout. so find right moment to moving and standing.
if you stay max range, you end up hitting tanks, guarded mdps. without healdebuff. It's useless.

i use DoT while moving.
Broad - healdebuff - flame - glass.
when i need burst
acid - VoN - fester - glass - fell/rapid
sometimes VoN - steady - fester

often you can't finish rotation cuz melees target you.
though it's better than hitting tanks from far.

use 10% strikethrough tactic. elf race one. it reduces miss-shot of fester.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)