Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Why I chose Wounds not Armour talismans.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nameless

Re: [AM] Why I chose Wounds not Armour talismans.

Post#1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:14 am

I would stack iniative till 250-300, then thougness (as much as posible) while keep my wounds so my hp is around 7000.

Although because of magic infusion there is some logic about stacking wounds but imo overstacking it wont help alot
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Foomy44

Post#2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:49 am

Don't forget armor doesn't do a thing with AM/Shammy mechanic whereas wounds or any other actual stat will increase the damage a heal AM does or the heals a DPS AM does when using spells charged via mechanic.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

anarchypark

Post#3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 am

it's all about surviving burst damages.

i've tried high armor. BL + wind + armor tali. still only 2.5k armor.
1 armor debuff or high WS strip it so easily.
best option is not get cought. pre-kite.

so WE, SH, sorc, magus.
except WE, you can kite rest.
run out of range if they were starting rotation on you.

WE.
their KD, AW, healdebuff caused most deaths of my AM.
wound or init.
i'm currently with init talis, 360 init.
to detect stealth and reduce crit chance.

detecting was not successful, only low lvls i could see.
reducing crit, they still hit like truck w/o crit.
you have to choose RR skill between crit reduction or heal crit.
tough call.
without heal crit, healing is low
you die by non-crit attacks anyway.
with heal crit, you die too fast by crit burst.

AM can't really reach high survivability.
have to find balance between healing and surviving.

haven't tested wound talis yet.
but i'm thinking wound is the way to go.
wound + heal crit. survive with endless healing.
anyone tried this build?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

lefze
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 am

You forgot to include heals. More wounds with less mitigation makes each point of healing less valuable in addition to diminishing the value of each hitpoint. The opposite is also true, armor, toughnes and resists also increase the value of each point of healing aswell as the value of each hitpoint you have.

Any ranged dps can easily be line of sighted, detaunted, or flat out ignored, it takes several of them to pose a threat to a healer anyways. It's hard to stack enough toughnes for it to matter in the slightest, while you can stack enough armor to not die by 1-2 mdps if you get out of position. However you can't outstack a double armordebuff, but you only get hit by this if you are grossly out of position.

As for initiative as mentioned by some, you get more than enough by default, no need to stack any more of it. Would recommend getting at least 0% chance to get crit from renown though, it's mandatory. In fact going a bit into the negative doesn't hurt either.
Rip Phalanx

Foomy44

Post#5 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:46 am

I got full toughness on my heal set (with 0% chance to be crit from renown and gear). Might not be the best but works for me, toughness is a stat so it converts to damage with mechanic points on offensive spells unlike armor, and toughness or any mitigation basically makes all healing on you more effective since every point of your HP is worth a lil more than someone with lower mitigation. Might not be as useful as wounds if you are getting burst down fast in some situations (especially morales where it is unfortunately worthless) but I find myself kiting away and self healing a lot more than I find myself dying in 2 seconds due to crazy coordinated burst so seems useful enough to me.

But I'm also a shammy so I can get my toughness to decent levels in heal spec with the toughness HoT + talis unlike AM so might not be worth it for them.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Nameless

Post#6 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:13 am

I recoment stacking full -crit from renown, if u reach -25 will be even better. No crit, no deaths.

U cant compare shams with ams they are totaly different planets facing different enemies and having different tools for self protection
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am

Korhadreth wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:06 am

This is how I see it playing out:

Wounds AM starts with 9320 hit points vs Armour AM who is on 8000, I've added the extra wounds.
In your little example you specced full renown wounds?
Dying is no option.

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 am

Wounds also might save you from a Morale finisher where no other stat will.

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:03 am Wounds also might save you from a Morale finisher where no other stat will.
Pretty much that.
If you run your healer in a guild warband your highest threat is the other realms moral drop.
So a lot of healers use RR Wounds and Taliswounds to survive the moralgeddon.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:44 am

lefze wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:34 am You forgot to include heals. More wounds with less mitigation makes each point of healing less valuable in addition to diminishing the value of each hitpoint. The opposite is also true, armor, toughnes and resists also increase the value of each point of healing aswell as the value of each hitpoint you have.

Any ranged dps can easily be line of sighted, detaunted, or flat out ignored, it takes several of them to pose a threat to a healer anyways. It's hard to stack enough toughnes for it to matter in the slightest, while you can stack enough armor to not die by 1-2 mdps if you get out of position. However you can't outstack a double armordebuff, but you only get hit by this if you are grossly out of position.

As for initiative as mentioned by some, you get more than enough by default, no need to stack any more of it. Would recommend getting at least 0% chance to get crit from renown though, it's mandatory. In fact going a bit into the negative doesn't hurt either.
Pretty much exactly my thoughts and why I slot toughness mostly. Ranged shouldnt be getting caught in morale bomb either.