Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Why I chose Wounds not Armour talismans.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sigimund

Re: [AM] Why I chose Wounds not Armour talismans.

Post#41 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 pm

I prefer stat talis over armour for the 70% benefit.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm but small health pool is easy target for 1200 morale and % finisher skills.
so... wound?
Moral dmg M1 is the worst pick you can make as dps. You either take moral root m1 or parry buff as melee dd. Those 1200 dmg you make easy with skills, so defense or utility M1 is key.
Dying is no option.

Xergon

Post#43 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 pm
anarchypark wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:21 pm but small health pool is easy target for 1200 morale and % finisher skills.
so... wound?
Moral dmg M1 is the worst pick you can make as dps. You either take moral root m1 or parry buff as melee dd. Those 1200 dmg you make easy with skills, so defense or utility M1 is key.
there is plenty other morales that does 1200 or more dmg...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sulorie

Post#44 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:48 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 pm Moral dmg M1 is the worst pick you can make as dps. You either take moral root m1 or parry buff as melee dd. Those 1200 dmg you make easy with skills, so defense or utility M1 is key.
As M1?
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#45 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:39 pm

If a dps is taking damage over avoidance morale then they are a bad player and wont get near you anyway. Morale bombs you can just avoid.

Xergon

Post#46 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:04 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 pm Moral dmg M1 is the worst pick you can make as dps. You either take moral root m1 or parry buff as melee dd. Those 1200 dmg you make easy with skills, so defense or utility M1 is key.
As M1?

Why it has to be M1 ? there is AoE M2 and M3 that does 1200, M4 that does 2400.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sulorie

Post#47 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:26 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:04 pm

As M1?

Why it has to be M1 ? there is AoE M2 and M3 that does 1200, M4 that does 2400.
The argument was killing a low hp armor stacking targets with damage moral and % finisher.
I said, that dmg m1 is a bad pick, because there are better choices. This leaves you with m2-4, which are often damage morals, albeit m4, especially as melee dd, is rarely specced.
Finishing a single target with an aoe dmg moral sounds more like a desperate move, as you usually keep it for moral bombs or keep the moral in case you have to use m1.
The 1800 dmg m3 on slayer/choppa is the only viable pick and is indeed useful to burst a tough target but the engagement has to last long enough in the first place.
So when talking about dmg moral, it is usually m1, because others are either not available early in a fight or deal similar dmg but aoe.
Dying is no option.

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#48 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:57 am

Conversation is about warband AM or small group/small roaming AM?
In wb you don t need wounds so much, you can have armor tali.
Then depends also from the set that you are using

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

Ads
adamthelc

Post#49 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:38 am

Korhadreth wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:06 am
Amidala wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:57 am Conversation is about warband AM or small group/small roaming AM?
In wb you don t need wounds so much, you can have armor tali.
Then depends also from the set that you are using
Why would the talisman set up be different in a six man party and a warband? Isn't your group 6 people either way? It has to do with buffs? I have so much to learn about this stuff.

Gear wise, its full conq/genesis or full conq/4 genesis/3 BL
I dont necessarily agree with the assessment you quoted, but there is a big difference. Warbands you are going to be sitting in back line, have to worry about AoE, morale bombs and ranged more.

In a 6 man you have to worry about getting focused with ST. A lot of the time it's going to be more melee trains, so a lot of physical damage.

Physical mitigation is going to reduce the most damage over time. Mitigation is the best route because with a good team you should be getting heals and support.

There are always outliers and situations that arise that enable you to make an argument for any survivability stat. The best way to decide what to do is understand your playstyle, what type of encounter you play the most and figure out what kills you more the most. Then decide the best route to counter that.

If you die to morale bombs or magical damage, wounds might be the way to go. If you are getting killed by melee, I would go armor 100% of the time.

Sometimes to be really effective you need to change your play rather than how you gear. Worry about positioning, who you detaunt and then worry about how you get after that.

Xergon

Post#50 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:36 am

You all also forgetting, debuffs, every Chosen has atleast 100 AoE Wounds debuff (yes u can cleanse but still its 1k instant dmg), so for RvR you should keep that in mind.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube