[WL] What happened?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mubbl

Re: [WL] What happened?

Post#21 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:00 pm

rors guardian spec winter 2017-sommer18 was op, and now wl suffers some bugs, but got some love, ap costs for aoe was reduced+got 5ß% amor pen and ap cost reduction tactic, while still can kick ass in st. also rp got aoe armor debuff, correct me if im wrong on this one.
problem of order is an unheathy class population atm in my opinion manly

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#22 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Gunma wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 pm
Meme doesn't work well. It would mean Mara's have 2 ST and 1 AOE tree (mirror), yet somehow they have solo relevant skills which you indicate is too much to ask for.

1v1 stuff doesn't matter for balance, if some Mara tools work for 1v1 encounters, so be it. Their primary function is to provide tools for 6man and 24man specs.
None of balance will ever make sense if you start looking at "aaah I need stuff so I can win 1v1 fights", because when it comes to 1v1, every healers, every tank will have huge advantage from having access to high self HP regen mechanics or high survive mechanics while still retaining offensive capabilities. Not to forget having pet mechanic allows you to basically enter into a 2v1 fight every time due to alternative source of dmg where ST CC or debuffs fail to function as they should in normal 1v1 encounter.

So yeah, solo WLs got what they wanted, which is gutting down and removing the WL AoE tree and ensuring it won't happen.
Have fun getting a spot for fortress or city Warbands to get endgame gear, /5 "ST pet spec WL lf city wb pls no bullI I swear I'm useful"

Zaxxond

Post#23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 pm

As the Destro celebratory circle jerking of nerfing the WL's continues, anyone who plays this game religiously and especially the players on both sides know that Order's population consists of very few front liners. Barely any tanks, no MDPS (Slayer and WL) and RDPS is Order's only hope. Since live, Destro has always mained and ran melee centric warbands and 6 mans. Order's RDPS are no match for the cc, snares, punts and stuns and it's glaring obvious in NA Prime when the 2 NA 6 mans (1 flips for the AAO but they usually tend to avoid each other for pug kills) only run melee spec comps in the 2-2-2 format.

White Lion, SW's initiative debuff, Slayers ID/SL, BW's flashfire and disrupt changes (IMO Disrupt is back again) nerfs have hit Order hard.

To be fair, Destro has had some huge nerfs too. However, anyone who has played this server for the past few years has to acknowledge the imbalance between Destro and Order (Especially in RVR) is at an all time high.

This is my opinion from an Order RDPS NA Prime experience on this server and to summarize:

1. Order has 2 really good tanks that no one plays.
2. Order has no MDPS threat currently.
3. Destro melee trains > RDPS comps any day of the week.
4. White Lion was Order's last MDPS hope and was nerfed to the thunderous applause of Destro.
5. Melee Squigs have too much utility and are super hard to take down (Almost like the Guardian Spec WL except without all the crazy damage)

***Disclaimer OP is from Order RDPS PoV so take from this what you will.

Aebel

Post#24 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 am

So most of this didnt really answer my question. What happened to the class that apparently made it worthless?

Hogtooth

Post#25 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:10 am

For me as a player who mains a WL I was adapting to the changes. Gaurdian Spec was Hella fun but definitely OP so I agree with that change...Going Mara stance dance..okay ...nope going AOE with Spirit debuff...okay...nope going back to "Live" version of WL for now with changes coming...nope changes aren't coming...
I still have fun with the class, I haven't been on lately because it's a busy time of year in my businesses but the constant changes did wear me down a bit.
I'm also not a WB player so losing the AOE effectiveness hasn't effected my enjoyment of the game.
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons