Recent Topics

Ads

WL or SW for solo play(scenarios and RvR roaming)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Manatikik

Re: WL or SW for solo play(scenarios and RvR roaming)

Post#11 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Danord wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 pm
Manatikik wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 pm
zgolec wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 pm WL got castrated.

Even it was on first position with SW on "things to do" WP/DoK got new toys instead...
1000 str/400ish ws aoe even with "aoe" tactic crit for like 500-550dmg, with loner on.
Also almost 0 utility for it comparing to other aoe classes. Which is joke.

So no WL is nowhere close to be WB viable / useful and devs seem not interested in changing that.
So i keep seeing WL got nerfed. Just back after about a year and only changes is that they reverted Guardian (which was a lame build anyways imo). Pet seems a little buggy but WL was still the best mdps in the game before Guardian changes so i don't understand all the whine? eli5 please
Best mdps in terms of what?
Burst, mobility, 6 mans, SC's
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
tkeskin69

Post#12 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Now im confused again ...

Ahh well lets get to RR80 with my WL and decide then(perhaps some nice things will come in the future..)

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 pm

tkeskin69 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 pm Now im confused again ...

Ahh well lets get to RR80 with my WL and decide then(perhaps some nice things will come in the future..)
pet speed is a bit bugged (team aware of it) and is making the class a bit meh to play, but the damage is still there. Hopefully speed issues can be resolved asap, and the class will resume its position as the pug killer of all pug killers 8-)

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:13 pm

I bet the WL crybabys that can`t understand that this class has more abilities than most of the classes combined with a buggy pet AND POUNCE what is an absolute god tier skill for mdps.... would even cry " mimimi buff wl " if he would be like the first months on live where he killed everyone with one Pounce or he simply send his pet up to the wall to kill someone....
Im getting more and more the feeling that the Devs have a huge problem balancing because most of the players have an abnormal unrealistic thinking about balancing....

tkeskin69

Post#15 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 pm

pet speed is a bit bugged (team aware of it) and is making the class a bit meh to play, but the damage is still there. Hopefully speed issues can be resolved asap, and the class will resume its position as the pug killer of all pug killers 8-)

Pugkiller? I hope a RR80 WL can do something against non pug players...

Hogtooth

Post#16 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm

I main a WL, play solo 90% of the time, RR74 and have a ton of fun playing it. Pet speed is off enough that I spec loner most of the time. If you have any questions feel free to pm me here or in game
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 pm

tkeskin69 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Pugkiller? I hope a RR80 WL can do something against non pug players...
It was tongue-in-cheek (it is the easiest MDPS to excel with in the lakes due to its mobility, hence the 'pug killer king' status). The class is great against non-pugs, too.

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:03 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:36 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 pm SW is pretty trash atm, would say WL, devs had huge thinktank operation on improving the class 2 months ago, they will get a nice AoE patch any day now so they will soon become useful for warbands. :)
You keep saying that and I'm not sure why. The two month thinktank stuff was largely thrown out, hence the WL reversion to a more vanilla state with small QoL bits still tacked on. I haven't seen a lot of movement since then, and the fantasy that WL will become a new flying lawnmower of death is unlikely.
It doesn't have to become a "lawnmower" but having a viable WB spec would be nice, you know, balance and stuff?
Considering endgame is around Forts and Cities, something that is somewhat requiring of warbands, it would be really good for the sake of balance if all Order dps classes could compete for WB spots, and have functional WB specs. Or how do you plan on distributing Invader/Warlord/Sovereign gear? 6mans leading campaign to city in 6man specs, or soloers in solo specs, then competing with other soloers in the large battles and gaining gear that way?
Really don't understand why you would throw out a carefully planned, very detailed, long polished and thoroughly scrutinized balance proposal designed by some of your best players, but that is something we players may never understand I guess.

Order as realm is currently extremely imbalanced, either their warbands have enough BWs to melt opposition, or they fail to reach critical mass and lose most fights against decently organized Destro. Or they stack enough BWs, ignore weaker classes, and run "lawnmower flamethrower" over enemies with pile of fireclowns (I have one of them, it gets boring).
Then, to counter that, Destro has multiple valid WB classes, and isn't similarly required to run big pile of Sorcs, as Maras, Choppas (functional frontline! Orders wet dream!), dps Zealots, Magi, all can provide decent dmg : utility ratio when it comes to countering Order warband, all you need is some tricks to countering the BW stacks, and then fight becomes easy as Order wb is famously bad at having a frontline able to soak dmg (suicide Slayers, no Maras ignoring enemy armor pen, no Winds of Insanity...).

We as a guild, would love to play Destro with our minmaxed organized WB where average RR is 70+. But problem becomes, there is close to nowhere enough organized minmaxed Order WB guilds left, who would be able to run a BW pile of 6-8 BWs that would provide critical mass - so fights tend to be easy, Order warbands are shattered due to having bad composition, they tend to be farmed, they log out, numbers become more imbalanced and zones die as enemies just know they cannot bring anything to compete due to awful internal realm balance where their Warbands success depends on whether they have enough BWs or fail to stack enough BWs.

So considering all above, and for the sake of long term balance between realms and Order's internal balance issues, I cannot fathom why you cannot resolve the situation and break monopoly of BWs by ensuring rest of the Order dps classes, SW, WL, WH (Slayer + Engi to some extent) cannot compete for pure DPS spots in minmaxed warband setting.

Yours,
-Nynaewe of TUP, rr80 Sorc
-Moreina of The Unlikely plan, rr79 BW

Ads
anarchypark

Post#19 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:14 pm

SW the Legolas.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Kurama

Post#20 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:19 pm

dps AM is the right answer.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x