Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Feomatar
Suspended

Re: Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Post#61 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 pm

PieTreBlu wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:36 pm
Feomatar wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:57 pm
Knowthyself wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:16 pm SW is the best MDPS in the game atm.
Ahahahm where is your special going out? ahahah you top tier comedian whoa!
Even if it were true it's not relevant to the discussion; when people talk about SW being weak they mean their ranged masteries, nobody is asking for assault to get buffed. Though sometimes I wonder if SW should remain bad, Order is already ranged heavy, can't imagine if ranged SW were strong :lol:
melee sw - meh at 6\6 and sc, **** in city, meh in roaming, **** in rvr. HM, spec what not viable at end game, almoust not viable in rvr and barely viable at small scale are not needed buffs. OK HONEY, SEEMS U ARE SMART.

Ads
PieTreBlu

Post#62 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 am

Meh at 6vs6 and roaming? Seems a l2p issue.

Serilian

Post#63 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:42 pm

I guess both SW and WH are like little order home pet classes, you keep them around in WB sometimes cuz they are cute even though you know they’re useless and all they’ll do is just eat all the food lying around and crap on the carpet.

Skullgrin

Post#64 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Serilian wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:42 pm I guess both SW and WH are like little order home pet classes, you keep them around in WB sometimes cuz they are cute even though you know they’re useless and all they’ll do is just eat all the food lying around and crap on the carpet.

Nah, it's more that they attract the type of player that thinks they will be in an eazymode/I WIN situation, and once they are proven wrong they tend to cry more about it. Well played Shadow Warriors and Witch Hunters can be very difficult to beat, however people playing them well is very rare thing indeed. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Deifact

Post#65 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:43 am

Having some abilities to better control the distance between the SW and the enemy would be great. Whirling Pin kinda does the job but it feels really unresponsive.
I see SW niche being their ability to fight at range and at melee at the flip of a switch, having tactics that work with this idea would help. Maybe one that offers an armor buff when within 20 feet of the target, and an AP regen buff otherwise (or anything like this), to encourage SW to get close to dump their AP then back off to regen and ping people from range.

Crumbs

Post#66 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:26 am

Engi going to beat SW at everything except jumping backwards

Much much higher skill cap tho
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Reloader84

Post#67 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 am

Honestly, in my short time playing a ASW, they need 2 things. Their melee aoe cd to be halved and their detaunt to be pbaoe instead of single target having to waste a tactic for it to be aoe.

ASW has enough tools other than that in the right hands to be effective.

I agree that skrimisher stance needs armor pen instead of crit, a more effective snare, and Scout stance needs some love

PieTreBlu

Post#68 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm

Reloader84 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 am Honestly, in my short time playing a ASW, they need 2 things. Their melee aoe cd to be halved
It would be nice but Assault is built to, mostly, do single target burst and all its abilities and tactics support that.

Reloader84 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 am and their detaunt to be pbaoe instead of single target having to waste a tactic for it to be aoe.
Problem is the single target detaunt is what ranged dps get. You would have to give an aoe 100 yards detaunt to SW as a whole which, even if the class is weak, is just too much to get for free.
Between the double armor (with armor talismans you can reach heavy armor numbers), decent mobility, self-cleanse M1 and the incredibly high parry chance I don't really think aSW needs any more survivability.

What SWs need is to have at least one of their ranged specs to be competitive. That's all. Hopefully the devs have come to a consensus on how to do it and the changes are coming in the not so distant future.

Ads
Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#69 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm

Feomatar wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:57 pm
Knowthyself wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:16 pm SW is the best MDPS in the game atm.
Ahahahm where is your special going out? ahahah you top tier comedian whoa!
If you think that's a joke I advise you to reroll another toon. SW is the best MDPS in the game atm. Yet not everyone is able to play it in its full potential. SW can easily get to 5k armor, max str and reach up to 700+ Weapon Skill. Only thing it didnt have compared to the other mdps classes was %50 more crit damage tactic and thanks to order forum crying they have it also now. SO what else would you like to have on a MDPS class?
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Bergbart

Post#70 » Tue May 12, 2020 4:39 pm

I dont know what you have. I Love my Sw But i must Say i Play Complete Solo

Yeah Scout is mehh but can get results
Asw dont Know i play main skirmisch hate stance switch.

Skirmisch i love it yeah you make not much Burst Damage but permanent pressure with little fast burst.
I play him as support in sc with leading shots
In rvr pierce defence.
Yes you has no aoe but a spammable healdebuff and pierce defence and with conqueror a 100 ini debuff so you cann not aoe but fast target switch^^
I love it to see tanks dying when they tanking the zerg and dont see it coming.
And the Knockdown :o

Orders dont think sw get buffed hard. I think the devs make it the right way little buffing, new gear, sit and watch and work on more needed things.

Other Question when Sw is so Bad why i see so many?