Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Asherdoom

Swordmaster

Post#1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Hello fellas

thinking to play swordmaster for have a tank in my pg roster :)
is he any good? i mean... better 2handed or 1handed with shield? how he perform WB wise? or would be better an ironbreaker instead?

thanks in advance for infos!

Ads
Collateral

Re: Swordmaster

Post#2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Don't have huge experience with sm, but he is the best damage dealing order tank I would say. For small scale definitely go 2h, you have self parry buffs, wods and what not which makes you a bit tanky as well when you need it.

In warbands you always want to go snb. You have cd decreasing ability which is important to counter bad gas or simply to help team mates spam their heals or bomb faster. You also get a morale drain tactic, but I didn't have a chance to try it, it doesn't seem very good for being so high in the tree if you ask me.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:35 am

If you want to be an unbreakable tank, go IB.

If you want massive utility, go Knight.

If you want to be cool, go Swordmaster. :P

Martok

Post#4 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:40 am

2H SM is the most fun. But that is just my opinion I could be wrong.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Asherdoom

Post#5 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:29 pm

i was thinkin about playin 2handed SM also for lore reason (swordmasters are 2handed wileder!) and yes i think i will stick to that ;:D

MayoDaen78

Post#6 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:01 pm Hello fellas

thinking to play swordmaster for have a tank in my pg roster :)
is he any good? i mean... better 2handed or 1handed with shield? how he perform WB wise? or would be better an ironbreaker instead?

thanks in advance for infos!
My main is SM on live server, it's also here in RoR, currently RR73. Yes I love my SM :D, I play them as 2h mostly. If you wanna play 1hand and shield , I personally think its better if you go either IB or Knight. In WB, SM is decent if played right, but I still think the other 2 tanks ( IB and Knight) probably better. I just like the looks of SM, and they still can be useful in rvr setting. Your stats steal blade buff is useful for the group as well as that you are good at assisting mdps in putting pressure to destro side. The fact that SM damage type are I think mostly spirit/magic damage and you also have the tool to buff up your damage type and debuff your opponents resistance type, giving SM a sustained dps against heavy, medium or light armor classes.

Anyway it's just my personal experience. At the end of the day, play what you find most enjoyable :)
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Aethilmar

Post#7 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:09 am

I all seriousness, with the recent buffs to SM S&B is a completely viable way to go now at least in Conq gear. The punt from Redirected Force is no joke and pretty easy to get a proc on. Vauls Buffer is solid and now with all the utility goodies in Hoeth you can have KD and Silence and a super punt while still doing reasonable add on damage in the assist train. The group heals are nothing to sneeze at in a prolonged fight or the group resist buffs from Hoeth.

And I say all that as a guy who desperately wants (and occasionally tries) to go back to 2H for lore reasons but keeps reverting back to S&B because of how comparatively good it is now.

The only thing I would really ask for is a spear because if I'm not going to be a "Swordmaster" then I want a spear with my shield ... and maybe a bow. Lothern Sea Guard anyone? :)