Recent Topics

Ads

[SwordMaster] 40/46 SM looking for BiS Gear advice.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nefesh

[SwordMaster] 40/46 SM looking for BiS Gear advice.

Post#1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 am

Hello. 40/46 SM Currently in 4 BL, 2 anni, 2 merc. Using Ninth Peak 2H sword. With cheap 13-14 str talismans in every slot.

Would like advice on what gear improvements I should prioritize/what stat thresholds i should be aiming for, and how to get there.
Also, I'd like to know if the BL armor debuff proc is worth going full BL set.

- Stats -
Str - 613
Tgh - 349
WS - 325
Ini - 292 (0% chance to be crit from FS)
Wnd - 795

- Defenses -
Armor - 3051
Parry - 30% unbuffed
Resistances - between 430-460

Renown is in 3 ranks Parry, 3 Ranks FS, the rest dumped into strength. Tactics = EA, PE, GM, BA, specced for Ether Dance, with bubble.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ads
Ashoris

Re: [SwordMaster] 40/46 SM looking for BiS Gear advice.

Post#2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:06 am

Dominator is the way to go for you atm (taunt proc). for cheap/free +18 str Talis you can just give me a tell ingame. i have plenty to spare :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

MayoDaen78

Post#3 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm

try to get the sc 2h weapon or if you're lucky the subjugator masterblade from purple bag, that sword has a nice speed proc, that could save you in dire situation if you need to get away quickly.

also what's your jewell set? try get genesis set if you can , I know it will take a while to get them, I have 3 set of genesis ( undying, warrior,and everlasting). I sometimes mix and match these 3 set depending on situation. if you need some more resist against magic range like Sorc/Magus, get the wind impervious set as well and use them accordingly.

As you level up your renown try to get your parry as high as possible to near 40% minimum if you can, this will help you, if you get focused fire, combine with WoDS ( +50%, parry, dodge and disrupt). You can survive better.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Nefesh

Post#4 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 pm

@MayoDaen78 - I have 1 Genesis piece right now. I also have 2 of the Icons(?) whichever is the next tier down from Genesis, that you get through Blue Warrants. I'm leaning towards using those for STR in SC or solo/small scale, but switching to the "Winds Impervious" set for WB where I usually switch over to SnB anyway.

@Ashoris Thanks, I'll work towards Dominator - that's a lot of SCs though. I appreciate the offer, I'll try to find you in game.

I also wouldn't mind insight into target stat numbers for STR, Armor, Resistances, Toughness etc - and input as to when the values of stacking the various stats starts becoming less desireable. Like "over 800 STR is enough, 600 of res x is enough" etc.
Thanks.

MayoDaen78

Post#5 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Nefesh wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 pm @MayoDaen78 - I have 1 Genesis piece right now. I also have 2 of the Icons(?) whichever is the next tier down from Genesis, that you get through Blue Warrants. I'm leaning towards using those for STR in SC or solo/small scale, but switching to the "Winds Impervious" set for WB where I usually switch over to SnB anyway.

@Ashoris Thanks, I'll work towards Dominator - that's a lot of SCs though. I appreciate the offer, I'll try to find you in game.

I also wouldn't mind insight into target stat numbers for STR, Armor, Resistances, Toughness etc - and input as to when the values of stacking the various stats starts becoming less desireable. Like "over 800 STR is enough, 600 of res x is enough" etc.
Thanks.
I personally think you don't need STR over 800, if you can maintain your STR in 600 range is good enough as a tank, you won't be the primary dps though, for me it's always taking a role as dps assist to your main melee dps classes ( Slayer, WL or WH). For armor try to get at least 4k minimum if you can, if you trained in apothecary that could help you too, making some armor pots.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x