Recent Topics

Ads

2H DPS Swordmaster of Hoeth

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lobsterkuln

2H DPS Swordmaster of Hoeth

Post#1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:38 pm

Hello everyone,

Recently returning to RoR, on live I was always Destruction and was on here for a bit too. Rolling Order and have always been interested in Swordmaster, but not particularly on the tanking portion of it. Is DPS SM a thing? If so are there any good builds around or tips for someone wanting to start one?

Thanks in advance!

Ads
Martok

Re: 2H DPS Swordmaster of Hoeth

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:50 am

Two-hand SM is the most fun manner in which to play the game, in my opinion. Khaine/Hoeth are the paths you want to follow, to include Ether Dance and Crashing Wave (which is now a path of Hoeth ability.) Also consider Great Weapons Mastery, Balanced Accuracy, and Calming Winds for tactic rotations. I also mix Rugged and Bolstering Enchantments, along with EA, IR, AEIOU and sometimes Y.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Lobsterkuln

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:13 am

Thanks for the response and advice!

It's been awhile since I have played the game so I am not too up to date with ability names anymore.. EA? IR? AEIOU and Y?

Martok

Post#4 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:51 am

Ensorcelled Agony, Impeccable Reactions, and the AEIOU was a joke. I'd like to buy a vowel...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:38 pm

wpc56
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:39 pm

You want "protection of hoeth" first instead of phenoix wing (which is situational at best)

That shield applys to your group so you "can" potentially save your team mate under focus and give you that edge to survive dots when you are walking back to your healer. It puts you in combat when you are not yet engaged with enemy and your teammate is so you can jump start on your morale build up. A much better versatile utility ability than tiny spirit aoe frontal dmg

You want to put blurring shock when you are assisting and put dazzling strike on healer when you are assisting too, most bad healers just face tank you while pressing that one group heal button, you would screw them up big time if you put dazzling strike debuff on them

Lobsterkuln

Post#7 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:16 am

Thanks for the advice everyone! I have started my Swordmaster named Valiswind and am slowly leveling and planning my character out. Any additional tips are helpful as I try to grasp leveling and pvp again. See y'all in the WAR

MayoDaen78

Post#8 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:12 am

for High RR build, it's okay to take PW ( Phoenix Wing), it's quite good in wb setting, the skill has frontal cone range so it's still considered as semi aoe. It's good way to trigger/spread your Blade Enchanment ( nature's blade and also your dots like Potent Enchantment and Bolster Enchantment (BE)hots ( heal regen tick for your group).

But I agree always take PoH ( Protection of Hoeth ) first as the bubble also applies to your group and yourself. It also acts as a way to cycle your balance sequence without the need to hit something, meaning that you cycle your balance 1 step quicker.

what Martok said is all you need, if your focus is on dps assist, then go with Khaine and then Hoeth.
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:58 am

Don't roll a tank class expecting to be a DPS.
As much as wish such an option was available (mostly because I HATE healing on WP), it's just not the case. You're still a tank as SM.

zgolec

Post#10 » Tue May 07, 2019 12:06 am

Mystry wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:58 am Don't roll a tank class expecting to be a DPS.
As much as wish such an option was available (mostly because I HATE healing on WP), it's just not the case. You're still a tank as SM.
Yea.

SM suck as dps so much... Any dps do better than tank on loldps...

Oh, wait...

p.s. Pro SM guildie :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.