Recent Topics

Ads

Melee SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

Melee SW

Post#1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:13 pm

What are peoples general impressions of the Melee SW? It is viable. Is their Shadow Step basically the same as a WL pounce, but with a 20 second cool down?

Thanks

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Re: Melee SW

Post#2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Bow = **** now
Sword = best mdps

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:01 pm

ASW is a mistake

Just another mess created by torq

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Its mobility and burst potential paired with a wl give destro quite a headache i heard.

Starke

Post#5 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:04 pm

It's totally viable. In fact, it's by far the most viable SW tree. I just swapped to it recently from skirmish spec. I enjoyed skirmish, but it doesn't do a lot of damage. Assault does.

The problem is that if you want the heal debuff, you need to wait till rr70 for the extra talent point. (and it really helps) Also, I hope you have a guard bot and a heal bot (much like other mds). If you do? Expect to shred things.

20 seconds on "pounce" is a pain in the ass, you will need to swap to skirmish to slow people you are chasing but it's not hard. There's also something slightly wonky with shadow step where it tends to port you to where you target was when you used it, not where they are when you get there. You can still knock them down most of the time though, unless they are fleeing.
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Fey

Post#6 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 pm

I'd say play it while it's spicy. FotM is a thing for a reason.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

adamthelc

Post#7 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:08 am

The only issue I have with SW is the pounce. It should have maybe a Run Away! type of movement speed buff. It shouldnt have mobility on par with or superior to other mdps.

Really it should be able to do well in melee, but should make up for its lack of mobility by being able to skirmish. Doing ranged attacks on the move and being able to share from range.

It should probably have a melee snare, but not in it's current state.

Wdova

Post#8 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:26 am

adamthelc wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:08 am The only issue I have with SW is the pounce. It should have maybe a Run Away! type of movement speed buff. It shouldnt have mobility on par with or superior to other mdps.

Really it should be able to do well in melee, but should make up for its lack of mobility by being able to skirmish. Doing ranged attacks on the move and being able to share from range.

I think SW shadowstep is somehow mirror to SH 75% speed charge. Now both realms have pounce(WL and SH), but destro have 3mdps with charge(melee SH, Choppa, Marauder) while order only have 2(Slayer,WL)(Not counting WE/WH vanish which also works as charge imho)
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:26 am
adamthelc wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:08 am The only issue I have with SW is the pounce. It should have maybe a Run Away! type of movement speed buff. It shouldnt have mobility on par with or superior to other mdps.

I think SW shadowstep is somehow mirror to SH 75% speed charge. Now both realms have pounce(WL and SH), but destro have 3mdps with charge(melee SH, Choppa, Marauder) while order only have 2(Slayer,WL)(Not counting WE/WH vanish which also works as charge imho)
I dont really have a problem with the ability from a balance point of view.

ToXoS

Post#10 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:09 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:01 pm ASW is a mistake

Just another mess created by torq
Yes indeed.
Melee SH gave Destro the melee utility they didn't need.
Melee SW gave Order the melee burst they didn't need.