Recent Topics

Ads

Been gone since early 2018 - what's the state of WL

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
alusnova

Been gone since early 2018 - what's the state of WL

Post#1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi guys , I'm thinking of coming back to War, been gone for over a year as I alternate between the 2 mythic created games Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer.

Early last year I think the WL was a hot topic and there were so many changes to the class that the last thing I remember was they had made toughness then main stat in the Guardian tree (my playtime is limited due to now having a family so I usually pick classes that can solo, actually is one of the main reasons why I go to DAOC a lot because in that game the stealth game is so superior to Warhammer stealth game so soloing is viable there). What I'm interested is if anyone can update on the state of the WL, I'm not asking if they are OP , etc but more about if they had made more changes to the class:

1. Are they still decent at soloing?
2. Is toughness the main stat that affects the pet in the Guardian tree?
3. Pounce - is it nerfed , removed or like it was on live?
4. I remember Guardian being the only viable tree for solo WL , are there other trees/specs that they changed so that the WL can have other roles? Maybe in WB play , I won't do much of WB play but I understand that War design makes it more a "zergy" game because is about locking zones and taking keeps so I'll join the WB from time to time .

Thanks for any info , I'm reinstalling this weekend and excited to try War again.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Been gone since early 2018 - what's the state of WL

Post#2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm

You still delete people in 3 gcds yes

The class still has issues from when torq overtuned it, mainly pet stat scaling
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm

WL axeman/hunter is still available in small scale/premade.
Pounce has 10 second cd. If you use the tactic is spammable.
I don’t know anything about guardian spec. It was a spec for 5 years children who doesn’t have any idea how to play properly.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

alusnova

Post#4 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:24 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:06 pm You still delete people in 3 gcds yes

The class still has issues from when torq overtuned it, mainly pet stat scaling
Thanks for the replies so far, yeah I think I remember the classes was changed completely to what it was on live did they revert the class back to its original state ?

alusnova

Post#5 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 pm

Oh just started to read some thread in here and some are claiming the WL are going to receive a nerf?

I tell you one of the reason I left before was the contast nerfs and changes to the class, I understand that in a mmo especially a pvp one you have to adjust things but it was non stop changes over a year ago and if it will suck to see if this continues.

I would have hope that a balance was found but i guess that may be easier said than done.

alusnova

Post#6 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Sorry one more question related to the server , do they have a timer if I want to play either side? I don't think there was one before and I actually would prefer if there was one .

In the DAOC server I play we can play all 3 realms but have to wait 12 hours before you can try the other realm to prevent cross-realming , I hope we have one here but not 12 hours lol , we had many discussions over there about the 12 hours most of us want 6 or 8 hour timer but the devs have kept it at 12 hours.

Warfare80

Post#7 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 pm

alusnova wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:39 pm Sorry one more question related to the server , do they have a timer if I want to play either side? I don't think there was one before and I actually would prefer if there was one .

In the DAOC server I play we can play all 3 realms but have to wait 12 hours before you can try the other realm to prevent cross-realming , I hope we have one here but not 12 hours lol , we had many discussions over there about the 12 hours most of us want 6 or 8 hour timer but the devs have kept it at 12 hours.
No timer, so the Xrealmers having a blast. 1-2 wipes in the zone and 20-100 ppl switch sides :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

alusnova

Post#8 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:05 am

Warfare80 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 pm
alusnova wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:39 pm Sorry one more question related to the server , do they have a timer if I want to play either side? I don't think there was one before and I actually would prefer if there was one .

No timer, so the Xrealmers having a blast. 1-2 wipes in the zone and 20-100 ppl switch sides :)
Wow no timer , I'm surprised they didn't implemented that after they got client control. 2-4 hours would be great but it is what it is .

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:41 am

alusnova wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:05 am
Warfare80 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Wow no timer , I'm surprised they didn't implemented that after they got client control. 2-4 hours would be great but it is what it is .
There was a short lived timer but it apparently had some issues so they removed it. A timer doesn’t really matter because you can have multiple free accounts and it’s not against the rules.
<Montague><Capulet>

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 am

alusnova wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:05 am

no point as easily bypassable due to accounts being free to make so people can just swap accounts to play order or destro toons