If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Warfare80
Posts: 220

If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Subject pretty much explains what im asking about. I heard some talk about nerfing WLs. What plans does devs have,they gonna nerf the dmg and buff the aoe?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 293

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Instead of nerfing, they should give the AoE spec something to do. Like a specific debuff or morale drain or armor bypass. Unless something changes drastically, Slayer brings tons of AoE damage so pure damage won’t be the reason to spec AoE WL. And good lord don’t tie the key abilities to the pet.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/68) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/43) (RP) -- Ungrinn (33/29) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/63) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there.

User avatar
Tesq
Posts: 5174

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#3 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 pm
Instead of nerfing, they should give the AoE spec something to do. Like a specific debuff or morale drain or armor bypass. Unless something changes drastically, Slayer brings tons of AoE damage so pure damage won’t be the reason to spec AoE WL. And good lord don’t tie the key abilities to the pet.
both we / wl miss something unique for aoe, wh at least could potentialy go with moral drain, instead both elf are flawend in aoe completly
Image

"Loop warned into oblivion" ......smell like chaosy enought :D
Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 555

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#4 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 pm

So the assumption here is that WL ST is thought to be too strong and needs to be adjusted. You think you are entitled to force them to make a deal with you in order for them to be allowed to make that change?

WL doesnt need to have a new niche carved for it just because it was found to be too strong at what it already does and needs to be adjusted.

Balance isnt a bargain with players.

User avatar
satanicomoderno
Posts: 63

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#5 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Be sure of one thing: This is a destro game. And doesn't matter what devs will bring, it's going to break Order and buff Destro. Like always.
They wanna touch in a class that doesn't need to be changed instead look the mess they did with squig herder and the broken choppa with get to the chop. Why do they do that? They are incapable to fix their own mistake! And now they will touch on WL and break it.

My syggestion? Level another class, because WL will be unplayable after these Dev team put their hands on it.

Jastojan
Posts: 24

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#6 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi,
I dont think the nerf is necessary (yes, I am destro player). There are bugs which should be fixed. Pet is real problem, devs know that and hope they will repair it soon. I dont think that DMG of WL is need to be nerfed. I, as a sorc, am ok with his dmg. But what I realy hate is how fast he can catch you everywhere (jumping like a cangaroo through the whole SC is sick). It should be more challenging for WL to catch the target. It is so easy and yes when you are catched, you are insta dead. So, dmg is absolutely ok to me (even if I am dead in 1 sec), but the way he can reach/get you is soooo easy. This is what I realy dont like and maybe this is what you should talk about, not his dmg or so. As I wrote in other topic - before nerfing him just try to imagine the whole WL/order after nerf? Be careful with that. I like when the game is a challenge, dont nerf him if not necessary.

User avatar
oaliaen
Posts: 453

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#7 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:35 pm

satanicomoderno wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm
Be sure of one thing: This is a destro game. And doesn't matter what devs will bring, it's going to break Order and buff Destro. Like always.
They wanna touch in a class that doesn't need to be changed instead look the mess they did with squig herder and the broken choppa with get to the chop. Why do they do that? They are incapable to fix their own mistake! And now they will touch on WL and break it.

My syggestion? Level another class, because WL will be unplayable after these Dev team put their hands on it.
for how long have you been playing the game? what you say is kinda nonsense...
anyway, i doubt they will nerf it. Rampage should be nerfed.
Image

User avatar
larsulu
Posts: 248

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#8 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Jastojan wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi,
I dont think the nerf is necessary (yes, I am destro player). There are bugs which should be fixed. Pet is real problem, devs know that and hope they will repair it soon. I dont think that DMG of WL is need to be nerfed. I, as a sorc, am ok with his dmg. But what I realy hate is how fast he can catch you everywhere (jumping like a cangaroo through the whole SC is sick). It should be more challenging for WL to catch the target. It is so easy and yes when you are catched, you are insta dead. So, dmg is absolutely ok to me (even if I am dead in 1 sec), but the way he can reach/get you is soooo easy. This is what I realy dont like and maybe this is what you should talk about, not his dmg or so. As I wrote in other topic - before nerfing him just try to imagine the whole WL/order after nerf? Be careful with that. I like when the game is a challenge, dont nerf him if not necessary.
Mara got nerfed hard 3 times and I see lots of em still playing.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp

Jastojan
Posts: 24

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#9 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:22 pm

larsulu wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:16 pm
Jastojan wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:10 pm
Hi,
I dont think the nerf is necessary (yes, I am destro player). There are bugs which should be fixed. Pet is real problem, devs know that and hope they will repair it soon. I dont think that DMG of WL is need to be nerfed. I, as a sorc, am ok with his dmg. But what I realy hate is how fast he can catch you everywhere (jumping like a cangaroo through the whole SC is sick). It should be more challenging for WL to catch the target. It is so easy and yes when you are catched, you are insta dead. So, dmg is absolutely ok to me (even if I am dead in 1 sec), but the way he can reach/get you is soooo easy. This is what I realy dont like and maybe this is what you should talk about, not his dmg or so. As I wrote in other topic - before nerfing him just try to imagine the whole WL/order after nerf? Be careful with that. I like when the game is a challenge, dont nerf him if not necessary.
Mara got nerfed hard 3 times and I see lots of em still playing.
Ok, but I dont think that devs will nerf WL because many of them play him. I think the sick mobility of the class is the most OP think on this class. Not his dmg.

User avatar
Fey
Posts: 369

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#10 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 pm

WL sucks because it's a troll class. It's so trolly that I'm surprised that White Lion isn't a troll race class. It renders the environment useless, making you look and feel even more stupid for gaining an elevated position. I don't know how to fix it because pounce and pull ain't going nowhere.

Even after the SH rework, git em wasn't mirrored to coordinated strike. That seem like a good place to start. Nerfing WL will only serve to piss people off so I'd go slow if at all. I don't envy the devs on this one.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests