Recent Topics

Ads

DPS AM spec/min gear

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Phantasm

DPS AM spec/min gear

Post#1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi,
As x2 weekend is coming soon, i figured ill give a chance an AM dps I always wanted to try out.
I tried to search forum, but last dps topic is at least 6 months old. I assume there were many changes in mechanics, fixed bugs and available gear, so I sincerly ask you for guidance.
Is it better to lvlup strictly dps since rank 1 and dont care with flame, or maybe hop in a heal train and join as many groups as possible before switch. If switch, then when? Whats min gear required for show up yourself on a RvR lake and dont get embarrased?
I used to love lvling through scs up to late 30s, is it still ok? Pops frequient?
Thanks in advance.

Ads
Haskr

Re: DPS AM spec/min gear

Post#2 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 pm

I would do it with dps'ing from level 1, on lower levels you can even dps and still do decent heal because some major dps tactics that reduce your heal are missing.

Sc should pop often during x2 weekend, there is still the class system in check, so I think you will count to dps in regards to sc spots? that might be a downside but thats all i can really think of.

regarding flame: try to throw some hots/shields in sc's, all of the really good dps am/shamans I see manage to dps like hell and still keep an watchfull eye on the team (witch is stressfull as a hell, I guess thats why there are so many not so good dps am/shamans and the hate against those classes?)

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:21 pm

When you want to have fun as dps am, try it until rank 31. Then spec heal until 40/54. By then, you should have decent gear and enough renown points to spec full intel, 2x magic crit and 1x FS.
Dying is no option.

Phantasm

Post#4 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:21 pm When you want to have fun as dps am, try it until rank 31. Then spec heal until 40/54. By then, you should have decent gear and enough renown points to spec full intel, 2x magic crit and 1x FS.
You mean isha style heal? I remember when I played shaman there was nice results healing with lifetap tree, I guess that was nerfed to ground?

Also thx all for advice.
Cya on the other side:)

Sulorie

Post#5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Phantasm wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:27 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:21 pm When you want to have fun as dps am, try it until rank 31. Then spec heal until 40/54. By then, you should have decent gear and enough renown points to spec full intel, 2x magic crit and 1x FS.
You mean isha style heal? I remember when I played shaman there was nice results healing with lifetap tree, I guess that was nerfed to ground?

Also thx all for advice.
Cya on the other side:)
Yes, Isha heals. Forget lifetaps, they got nerfed to trash, in either spec.
Dying is no option.

Luuca

Post#6 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:19 pm

I recently leveled a DPS Am from 1 to 35 now. Here's my perspective at 35.

Level 1-28 is basically hella fun and even in ORvR with bolster against level 40 players you are a 1v1 demi-god and still useful in warbads on oil and assist dps.

Levels 28-31 Decent 1v1 and still fun in warbands. Less bolster but still enough to have fun and help the team. SCs are still productive.

32-35 miserable as DPS. Bolster is basically gone. You are a 700 intel dpser against the full might and force of experienced level 40s with full defensive renown specs and competent healers. You are superfluous in SCs, an also ran in Warbands, and even in a great 6-man, a novelty. This is coming from a level 35 with the best PvP gear available and some decent skills. Sure, you can still have fun in SCs with an organized well built group, but you are not going to top charts or really push the team over the top.

I refuse to go heal spec, so I am relying on the charity of NA late night friends to carry me to 40 and getting better SC gear sets etc. You may want to go full heals from 31-40 to be more usefull and get wins in SCs.

Currently my DPS AM is 35/47.

adamthelc

Post#7 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Yeah it can be arguably broken in the lower tiers. You should have no problem leveling as DPS, at least until 31. I play a lot of T1/T2 and I stopped playing AMs because it feels a little cheezy.