[SW] What role do they fill?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark
Posts: 1261

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#41 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am

I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?

i choose to play the class, not complaining cuz it doesn't have a room in bomb or 6.
I see a lot of ppl want BW with bow, BW with stealth, BW with medium armor and pet, it's so boring.
That's why i pick every battle against 'i'm weak, gimme bomb' topics.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE5, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze4, BO3, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Ads
User avatar
DanielWinner
Community Manager
Posts: 706
Contact:

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#42 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:28 am

anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?

i choose to play the class, not complaining cuz it doesn't have a room in bomb or 6.
I see a lot of ppl want BW with bow, BW with stealth, BW with medium armor and pet, it's so boring.
That's why i pick every battle against 'i'm weak, gimme bomb' topics.
So you agreed that you pick every fight just for the sake of fight and personal sense of what is boring and what’s not. Not balance which must be supported by real game experience of real fights aka evidences and feedback not magical “50:50, orvr is not fair” and other bollocks.
We don’t need such justice and “fun vs boring” warriors here. Come back with any footage or any other evidence to support your opinion. Empty theorycrafting just to fight people will not be welcomed.
This colour is always used for moderation and opinion of the team.

Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha
Image

dansari
Posts: 2443

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#43 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm

oaliaen wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm
So strong in smallscale..can drain 10k hp in 3 seconds.
The only, only, only time I've 3-shot something on my ASW was a, presumably, green gear rank 31 shaman. There is no possible way an ASW can deal as much damage as a WL in burst.
Xergon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm
exactly... roll Ranged DPS class to play it as Melee DPS :lol: #RoRLogic imo ASW need slight nerfs and while Scout n Skirmish needs buffs.
ASW doesn't need to be nerfed at all. The initiative debuffs are no longer a thing, and it is still very much dependent on a burst class companion to be anywhere close to relevant, but for sure Scout and Skirmish are practically dead specs.
<Salt Factory>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW
Dansarii / Eng
Dansari / WH

User avatar
oaliaen
Posts: 530

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#44 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 pm

this happened to me in Tor Anroc...maybe cheat ?
ImageImage

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 807

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#45 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:02 pm

oaliaen wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:37 pm
this happened to me in Tor Anroc...maybe cheat ?
Maybe you just build too squishy and don't detaunt? Naw, other guy is probably cheating YOU can't be the problem.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Xergon
Posts: 449

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#46 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 pm

anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?
SH has also Glass so there is no advantage... only advantage SW has is in more overall dmg, so yea if u can kill ur enemy in 3s KD, cool u win, but if u cant, your not gonna beat SH, because u cant dps both hes Pet and Himself at same time, while he can either kite u and let pet do the job or hit u while u trying to handle pet... and as i mentioned before, hes range pet will give him 200ft range over u, together with disarm that will come from range pet, have fun beating that...

dansari wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm
oaliaen wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm
So strong in smallscale..can drain 10k hp in 3 seconds.
The only, only, only time I've 3-shot something on my ASW was a, presumably, green gear rank 31 shaman. There is no possible way an ASW can deal as much damage as a WL in burst.
Xergon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm
exactly... roll Ranged DPS class to play it as Melee DPS :lol: #RoRLogic imo ASW need slight nerfs and while Scout n Skirmish needs buffs.
ASW doesn't need to be nerfed at all. The initiative debuffs are no longer a thing, and it is still very much dependent on a burst class companion to be anywhere close to relevant, but for sure Scout and Skirmish are practically dead specs.
Yeah nothing wrong about MeleeDPS in light armor that can hit around 5k armor, teleport that buffs ur defences and tactic that not only increase damage of your abilities but also gives you crit for free because why not...

But then again, with Bloodlord set u can make SM with 4.5k armor, 9k wounds and 67%melee crit... so maybe thats new standard.
Last edited by Xergon on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Spoiler:
WH: Xergon RR 80+ WP: Xergod RR 66+ KotBS: Xergov RR 78+ BW: Xergof RR 50+
SW: Xergos RR 55+ SM: Xergom RR 44+ AM: Xergoam RR 57+
ENG: Xergok RR 38+ RP: Xergot RR 56+ SL: Xergor RR 20+

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 807

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#47 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Xergon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 pm
anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?
SH has also Glass so there is no advantage... only advantage SW has is in more overall dmg, so yea if u can kill ur enemy in 3s KD, cool u win, but if u cant, your not gonna beat SH, because u cant dps both hes Pet and Himself at same time, while he can either kite u and let pet do the job or hit u while u trying to handle pet... and as i mentioned before, hes range pet will give him 200ft range over u, together with disarm that will come from range pet, have fun beating that...

dansari wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm
oaliaen wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm
So strong in smallscale..can drain 10k hp in 3 seconds.
The only, only, only time I've 3-shot something on my ASW was a, presumably, green gear rank 31 shaman. There is no possible way an ASW can deal as much damage as a WL in burst.
Xergon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm
exactly... roll Ranged DPS class to play it as Melee DPS :lol: #RoRLogic imo ASW need slight nerfs and while Scout n Skirmish needs buffs.
ASW doesn't need to be nerfed at all. The initiative debuffs are no longer a thing, and it is still very much dependent on a burst class companion to be anywhere close to relevant, but for sure Scout and Skirmish are practically dead specs.
Yeah nothing wrong about MeleeDPS in light armor that can hit around 5k armor, teleport that buffs ur defences and tactic that not only increase damage of your abilities but also gives you crit for free because why not...

No tactic gives you damage and crit.

But if you take away Shadow Step (which is undeniably too strong, but super fun) then you need to augment Swift Strikes into additionally adding snare removal component or else ASW is entirely nonviable besides anything than an armor boost.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Xergon
Posts: 449

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#48 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 pm
Spoiler:
Xergon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 pm
anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?
SH has also Glass so there is no advantage... only advantage SW has is in more overall dmg, so yea if u can kill ur enemy in 3s KD, cool u win, but if u cant, your not gonna beat SH, because u cant dps both hes Pet and Himself at same time, while he can either kite u and let pet do the job or hit u while u trying to handle pet... and as i mentioned before, hes range pet will give him 200ft range over u, together with disarm that will come from range pet, have fun beating that...

dansari wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm


The only, only, only time I've 3-shot something on my ASW was a, presumably, green gear rank 31 shaman. There is no possible way an ASW can deal as much damage as a WL in burst.



ASW doesn't need to be nerfed at all. The initiative debuffs are no longer a thing, and it is still very much dependent on a burst class companion to be anywhere close to relevant, but for sure Scout and Skirmish are practically dead specs.
Yeah nothing wrong about MeleeDPS in light armor that can hit around 5k armor, teleport that buffs ur defences and tactic that not only increase damage of your abilities but also gives you crit for free because why not...
No tactic gives you damage and crit.

But if you take away Shadow Step (which is undeniably too strong, but super fun) then you need to augment Swift Strikes into additionally adding snare removal component or else ASW is entirely nonviable besides anything than an armor boost.
Merciless Soldier ?
Image
Spoiler:
WH: Xergon RR 80+ WP: Xergod RR 66+ KotBS: Xergov RR 78+ BW: Xergof RR 50+
SW: Xergos RR 55+ SM: Xergom RR 44+ AM: Xergoam RR 57+
ENG: Xergok RR 38+ RP: Xergot RR 56+ SL: Xergor RR 20+

Ads
User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 807

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#49 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Xergon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:22 pm
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:16 pm
Spoiler:
Xergon wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:12 pm


SH has also Glass so there is no advantage... only advantage SW has is in more overall dmg, so yea if u can kill ur enemy in 3s KD, cool u win, but if u cant, your not gonna beat SH, because u cant dps both hes Pet and Himself at same time, while he can either kite u and let pet do the job or hit u while u trying to handle pet... and as i mentioned before, hes range pet will give him 200ft range over u, together with disarm that will come from range pet, have fun beating that...




Yeah nothing wrong about MeleeDPS in light armor that can hit around 5k armor, teleport that buffs ur defences and tactic that not only increase damage of your abilities but also gives you crit for free because why not...
No tactic gives you damage and crit.

But if you take away Shadow Step (which is undeniably too strong, but super fun) then you need to augment Swift Strikes into additionally adding snare removal component or else ASW is entirely nonviable besides anything than an armor boost.
Merciless Soldier ?
Gives you 50% critical damage bonus on most abilities. Unless you’re trying to connect that to the 25% for Draw Blood and Swift Strikes; which would just be silly since they do not benefit from the bonus critical damage. And I’m sure you’re not that silly, right?
<Montague><Capulet>

anarchypark
Posts: 1261

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#50 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 pm

DanielWinner wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:28 am
anarchypark wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:03 am
I'm saying SW is not as suck as ur claim.
50:50 chance means often who hit first wins. and glass gives u upper hand. magus is also prey if u ambush it when moving, not headbutt full stacks.
orvr is not fair ring fight. ofc you grab every opportunity, that's what WH/WE do, picking your own fight.
why not SW?

i choose to play the class, not complaining cuz it doesn't have a room in bomb or 6.
I see a lot of ppl want BW with bow, BW with stealth, BW with medium armor and pet, it's so boring.
That's why i pick every battle against 'i'm weak, gimme bomb' topics.
So you agreed that you pick every fight just for the sake of fight and personal sense of what is boring and what’s not. Not balance which must be supported by real game experience of real fights aka evidences and feedback not magical “50:50, orvr is not fair” and other bollocks.
We don’t need such justice and “fun vs boring” warriors here. Come back with any footage or any other evidence to support your opinion. Empty theorycrafting just to fight people will not be welcomed.

and what's your supporting evidneces except your own experience?
i'm doing fine so class is fine, win here lose there. to me it's l2p issue.
sw don't need buff, it need nerf at assault tree.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE5, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze4, BO3, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest