Recent Topics

Ads

[SW]How do I play this class at 40/40

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darkhiei

[SW]How do I play this class at 40/40

Post#1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 am

Hello was seeking some help on how to play SW. Was doing great in lower tiers of the game now, I feel beyond useless in everything but farming mobs. Tried to mess around with all specs and what not have 5 annihilator pieces n some extra crappy gear along with it. But what should I do? My dps is barely over 40k was playing assault I just get owned before I even do anything. Literally get one shot by sorcs if i stand in their range for 5 seconds.

Ads
Ugle

Re: [SW]How do I play this class at 40/40

Post#2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:28 pm

You don't, or you surf the zerg and shoot the enemies with your wet noodle arrows.
inactive

Adelmar

Post#3 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 pm

You really need Conqueror/Beastlord along with the RR39 weapons or Subjugator before you really start feeling like a dps, imo. Sadly, you need even better gear and renown before Assault spec really makes sense.

Skirmish/Scout (up to Glass Arrow) is very viable in rvr/SCs. Flanking Shot and Barrage can both bring some burst (when VoN is up).
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

virpyre79

Post#4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Sadly with SW, their there biggest issue is their lack of any real survival techniques they have can be easily countered...so in an open-field encounter, you end up being meat. The only thing you can hope for is that targetting opponents are the healer instead of you. If you're Solo then use Flame Arrow and Festering Arrow if you're on a Team then use Smoldering and Enchanted Arrows.

Specific Target Rotation: Festering Arrow, followed by Rapid Fire, Morale2: Unshakable Focus, teamed with Vengeance of Nagarythe

AoE Rotation: Fire for Damage & Glass for Morale, then use Exploding Arrow, with the Rapid Fire, then with a clear LOS on a large group of people beating on a keep door. Time your Morale3 to go off during an Oil Pour, make sure you have a healer keeping you standing while the opposing mages are nuking you, and watch the kills mount.
Characters: virpyre - DoK, Reapyre - Sorcerer

Ashoris

Post#5 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:38 pm

First: play Assault or Skirmish

2nd: and most important keep in mind what your role is ! you have some unique abilities you bring to the fight:
1) Healdebuff without cooldown
2) ranged knockdown, initiative debuff + Critbuff with tactic or melee knockdown Initiative debuff + critbuff with skill + potential crit buff with tactic

you can easily buff another Dps crit about 25% while at the same time having the target permanently healdebuffed !

You are a support DPS, you bring a lot of extra dmg and reduced healing on the target, but that does not matter if you dont play together with someone else.
Most important as a SW is to accept that the best way to kill something is by assisting someone instead of tryin to kill something alone.

Dont try to solo kill ! support the classes benefiting most of you, any dps will love your critbuffs, your perma Healdebuff and your knockdowns.
WL dont have healdebuff and benefit greatly from critbuffs.
BW loves a 2nd ranged dps who can cover their Boiling blood from cleansing and bringing a Healdebuff and a knockdown
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Darks63

Post#6 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:53 pm

Play a BW or DPS AM instead.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 pm

What Ashoris said, you are not an actual dps, you are an "assist" dps. You need to change your mindset or change your class because dps/solo not what the class is designed for.

You need to get vanquisher gear/sentinel + set to be survivable in assault. For some reason all of the lower tier set have no wound set bonus. You need to either use wound talisman, wound set bonus and wound RR training to be even on par with melee avg hp. You need that to survive burst. Otherwise have fun trying to get in choppa's face with less than 6k hp

Just put healing debuff on everyone and surf the zerg as skirmish... anytime there's more of them then you, you will die

Darkhiei

Post#8 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 pm

This class used to have a knockdown synergy live while Vengence buff was up you used takedown and it was a knockdown. That's taken away, class had a root. The Whirl pin move was a 10s root and would brake when they took any damage... why where these abilities taken away. How is this balance... this is like someone get pissed n has a personal vendetta against the class itself they decide to just gut it down. Why aren't other classes gutted like this. Taken away their prime utility as a class. Melee have rush moves and have moves that pull you and knockdown not to mention absurd damage. But we get gutted our damage and utility. Take away the guard from tanks that's kinda what you've done to this class. Reverse some of these changes. The damage can go away but give us back the knockdown from takedown with vengence.

Ads
Gracely

Post#9 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Darks63 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:53 pm Play a BW or DPS AM instead.
I hate to write it but this quote is true. I left my SW behind to roll Destro and not coming back any time soon.

dansari

Post#10 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Grind scenarios and forts for renown and currency. Don't try to assault until you're essentially rr60. I have heard you can have some decent dps with Scout but I haven't played my SW in any capacity in several months. If you keep heal debuff up on a target and you have some actual dps with you, you can kill stuff.
<Salt Factory>