Recent Topics

Ads

Assault Building

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

Assault Building

Post#1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 am

I assumeRoR.builders - Shadow Warrior is the cookie cutter MSW build. If that is right, I have a few questions.

How important do MSWs feel Shadow Step is?
What is the standard rr build for the Msws (assuming rr 70)?
What is the talismans slot set up: WS, Armor talis?

Thanks

Ads
Ototo

Re: Assault Building

Post#2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:15 am

Check this guide: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 76&t=23150
Orontes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 am How important do MSWs feel Shadow Step is?
Up to you really. Let's say that you can either have a semi-flexible small scale/WB setup like https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3961,3950 to bring sporadic AoE support, or you can have a full Assault build like yours, but that tends to be less useful in WB scale fighting. Your choice is better in small scale, scenario and solo, but will be nearly useless in big fights, where you will find yourself incapable of doing much. The other is not spectacular by any means, but at least you will have buttons to press in those big fights.
Orontes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 am What is the talismans slot set up: WS, Armor talis?
BS till soft cap, then up to your play style. If you tend to play with people that support you, go full DPS with WS. If you play more often solo or in WBs, Armor/Wounds are both nice as defensive failsafe.
Spoiler:

TreefAM

Post#3 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:55 pm

I feel like Crosscut is too important to not take, but I play my msw as a support dd. As in, I follow the main dd in the group I'm in (wl or slayer) and attack their targets, with my heal debuff and the 10% crit for party on target melting people is a breeze.

Flavorburst

Post#4 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:46 pm

Assuming 70, you go either this (if you can't depend on people to KD properly, which is practically all the time outside of a set 6man):

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3952,3948

or this:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3948,3980

Depending on your gear set, you are going to want to have at least a couple of armor talis until you are around the 4k armor mark when in assault stance. After that, you probably want bal talis until you hit around 950 (unbuffed) str in assault stance.

Once you are at that point, you can make a choice on whether you want:

A) to add more bal talis to compensate for not having a knight in group that is running ~100 str aura

B) have enough bal talis to compensate for different potion/liniment choices (such as having 970 str in assault if you plan on only running an 80 str potion, or around 990 if you want to run a str/wounds lini, etc)

After you have that sorted, if you have around 7-7200 HP (unbuffed) I would probably think about WS talis, if not, I would maybe toss a wounds tali in there (or you can live dangerously with less wounds, but I wouldn't advise it without group support).

SkPrime

Post#5 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:21 am

Orontes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 am I assumeRoR.builders - Shadow Warrior is the cookie cutter MSW build. If that is right, I have a few questions.

How important do MSWs feel Shadow Step is?
What is the standard rr build for the Msws (assuming rr 70)?
What is the talismans slot set up: WS, Armor talis?

Thanks
Yeah, I play with that mastery and feels good.
You could swap no respite for crosscut but I find our global cd already quite busy.
Shadow step is a gap closer, and escape tool, boost your def and makes you look cool, never go without!
I'm from the phone and could be wrong but in rr points I capped weapon skill, 3 points in melee crit and 3 in deft defender.
Whatever

Alsayr

Post#6 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:20 pm

SW never been good AOE dps in warband (also on live). Still not have good AOE build and cant replace BW or Slayer. Thats all.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal