Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] ASW with Shadow Sting in Ranked SC

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Manatikik

Re: [SW] ASW with Shadow Sting in Ranked SC

Post#11 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am

Keldo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:36 am Plus, you only have a look at the aSW and he falls over.
Really SW is your definition of a glass Canon.
He has a Lil. More burst than mSH but way way way less survival.
Just focus as a Destro team and SW dies in 2 seconds

Wait.... what? ASW is the tankiest DPS Order can get...
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Ototo

Post#12 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 am
Keldo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:36 am Plus, you only have a look at the aSW and he falls over.
Really SW is your definition of a glass Canon.
He has a Lil. More burst than mSH but way way way less survival.
Just focus as a Destro team and SW dies in 2 seconds

Wait.... what? ASW is the tankiest DPS Order can get...
:D :D :D

PS: Take this as a gift, you probably gonna need it in this forum.
Spoiler:

no0kiee

Post#13 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am

Bosli wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:33 pm First off, my experiences derive only from ranked solo, I barely play any open or standard scenarios.
As it stands, I don't see any fun in playing destro healer Ranked when there's a somewhat decent ASW in the ranked matches, since there is simply nothing a healer can do to save the focused target because Shadow Sting is way too strong.

The two destro healers that could cleanse it are DoK and Shaman, they both have 5 seconds cooldown and cleanse the prerequisite ailment first, if not also other debuffs from tanks or the second DPS. Even if they somehow manage to take it off, he can just reapply it, on mid-range, without a cooldown, AND can do so while in Assault stance. A target that is permanently stuck with the 50% heal debuff will very likely die even if he stays in guard range all the time, and you can watch him continuously lose health until he's dead even if both healers focus on him. Zealot stagger also usually doesn't work either, since he is right in the middle of the fray and stays there. It's simply not fun to be completely powerless against them as a healer.

In contrast to that, the mSH has WAY less single target DPS as well as burst capabilities, and cannot use his mirrored Rotten Arrer while in Squig Armor. Deactivating the armor every time he wants to apply a heal debuff makes him an easy target to kill in few seconds, so that's not really an option. If the second DPS doesn't bring a healdebuff either, the SHs additional lack of single target burst most of the time makes killing just a gamble of hopefully hitting the CCs at the right time to throw the enemy team off balance and barely kill someone.

Yes, everybody is crying about mSH being so extremely strong, but he is not in ranked, especially not compared to ASW. And now that we are getting actual ranked matches, these should also be thought of regarding balancing, at least if we want to see all classes in the "higher tiers".

Giving the mSH the heal debuff would be too crazy, because then he really has almost everything one would need. But at least the ASW should also have to switch stances to apply his heal debuff, so that he has to show some actual skill and stance-dancing to carry a match with simple PUGs-assistme.

Hoping for actual feedback and discussion, no "stop destroying my class" posts.

Goog thing you mother**cker not complaining about ranged SW cause both ranged specs unplayable (thanks to devs) so sw can't even participate in RvR anymore, let's kill last working spec for sc and solo or mb completly delete SW from the game!? so DPS DoKs could melee train everything in this game with no harm and apply AoE healdebuffs! "OMG order class can kill!!! UAAAA uaaa UaauUA!! Cry me a river bitch. I'm so **** sick of retards like you.

ziomek

Post#14 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 pm

no0kiee wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am
Bosli wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:33 pm First off, my experiences derive only from ranked solo, I barely play any open or standard scenarios.
As it stands, I don't see any fun in playing destro healer Ranked when there's a somewhat decent ASW in the ranked matches, since there is simply nothing a healer can do to save the focused target because Shadow Sting is way too strong.

The two destro healers that could cleanse it are DoK and Shaman, they both have 5 seconds cooldown and cleanse the prerequisite ailment first, if not also other debuffs from tanks or the second DPS. Even if they somehow manage to take it off, he can just reapply it, on mid-range, without a cooldown, AND can do so while in Assault stance. A target that is permanently stuck with the 50% heal debuff will very likely die even if he stays in guard range all the time, and you can watch him continuously lose health until he's dead even if both healers focus on him. Zealot stagger also usually doesn't work either, since he is right in the middle of the fray and stays there. It's simply not fun to be completely powerless against them as a healer.

In contrast to that, the mSH has WAY less single target DPS as well as burst capabilities, and cannot use his mirrored Rotten Arrer while in Squig Armor. Deactivating the armor every time he wants to apply a heal debuff makes him an easy target to kill in few seconds, so that's not really an option. If the second DPS doesn't bring a healdebuff either, the SHs additional lack of single target burst most of the time makes killing just a gamble of hopefully hitting the CCs at the right time to throw the enemy team off balance and barely kill someone.

Yes, everybody is crying about mSH being so extremely strong, but he is not in ranked, especially not compared to ASW. And now that we are getting actual ranked matches, these should also be thought of regarding balancing, at least if we want to see all classes in the "higher tiers".

Giving the mSH the heal debuff would be too crazy, because then he really has almost everything one would need. But at least the ASW should also have to switch stances to apply his heal debuff, so that he has to show some actual skill and stance-dancing to carry a match with simple PUGs-assistme.

Hoping for actual feedback and discussion, no "stop destroying my class" posts.

Goog thing you mother**cker not complaining about ranged SW cause both ranged specs unplayable (thanks to devs) so sw can't even participate in RvR anymore, let's kill last working spec for sc and solo or mb completly delete SW from the game!? so DPS DoKs could melee train everything in this game with no harm and apply AoE healdebuffs! "OMG order class can kill!!! UAAAA uaaa UaauUA!! Cry me a river bitch. I'm so **** sick of retards like you.
calm down grandmother!

larsulu
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Asw is the Mara version of order with better tooltip, burst and mobility.

Ppl thinks is a skillful class but it’s just 3 button class which doesn’t requires any rotation to burst the target.
Like the msh.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

oaliaen

Post#16 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Spoiler:

Manatikik

Post#17 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:50 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm Asw is the Mara version of order with better tooltip, burst and mobility.

Ppl thinks is a skillful class but it’s just 3 button class which doesn’t requires any rotation to burst the target.
Like the msh.

What are the three buttons, oh wise one?
<Montague><Capulet>

Direbloodykiller

Post#18 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:29 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm Asw is the Mara version of order with better tooltip, burst and mobility.

Like the msh.
this... this is pure entertainment

Ads
SkPrime

Post#19 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Like the msh.

What are the three buttons, oh wise one?
Do not quote him, he's just a funny lad like this :D
Lets ignore Decimo when it comes to SW, shall we?
Whatever

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:25 pm

wpc56 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:43 am When you want to play with hard mode, switch to order and see how order healers can possibly put up with a class/Dok that can apply healing debuff on MULTIPLE people in one instant cast.
When I play order healer, my main gripe is that WE always seems more useful than a WH. Not sure if it is a learn 2 play issue but WEs can wreck me solo (even with detaunt etc). Nothing else can very well.