[SW] Working as intended...

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jinxypie

[SW] Working as intended...

Post#1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:31 pm

Melee SW spamming his basic attack for 1300dmg thru guard, barely taking a scratch.. how does it make sense? Ranked 6v6, no sc dmg boost or anything https://imgur.com/UVtus61
Last edited by Jinxypie on Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
Haskr

Re: [SW] Working as intended...

Post#2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Why multiple topics?

To the topic: looks like you got initiative debuffed and got hit by a lot of crits.

Jinxypie

Post#3 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:38 pm

Haskr wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 pm Why multiple topics?

To the topic: looks like you got initiative debuffed and got hit by a lot of crits.
Doublepost, already deleted it. Yeah i got it, it was crits, but 1300 dmg with no cd basic attack on guarded target is bit overkill isnt it?

No cd, build up or positioning reqired..
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

noronn

Post#4 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:53 pm

clearly guardee either wasnt near you during the hits or you didnt have guard. choppa can probably hit for around the same amount with anytimer.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:00 pm

It’s an over performing spec justified by their ranged spec being non viable and not really being all that good for orvr and that’s all considered acceptable for some reason.

It’s the same story basically with SH

Ototo

Post#6 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:00 pm It’s an over performing spec justified by their ranged spec being non viable and not really being all that good for orvr and that’s all considered acceptable for some reason.

It’s the same story basically with SH
This.
Spoiler:

noronn

Post#7 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:20 pm

i am not denying it. But saying an anytimer deals 1.8k dmg (no mitigation) through guard is just plainly wrong.

Manatikik

Post#8 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:32 pm

I mean... you’re a choppa. I’m also assuming you build like paper.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Did I mentioned why I went for -25% total to be crit from ren+items on dok? Just consider FS4 to be must on any non glass cannon toon, same as it was on live with TB.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

drmordread
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 pm

SW's used to have a viable ranged spec. They hit for crap, but they could keep you at distance with kiting and a ranged KD.
Well, destro complained and complained and complained. The ranged KD was moved up the tree so far that specing skirmish now, makes the SW useless. Same with speccing Scout. With no KD, you dont have the time to let off the three ability combo that actually does something. And not for nothing, but ranged SH got the shaft too.

So ... welcome to ranged classes with melee abilities, because gods forbid we have real ranged dps. The salty tears flow and flow.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)